ADVERTISEMENT

Under Armour dropped the ball

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
How could they not have been ready with some shirts at the end of the game. Seeing us in those Nike "Cut the Net" shirts had to make UA people cringe.

Reactions: andypants
This. Nike has the contract for the NCAA Championship gear that teams are handed on the court/field.

Then I bet the Nike folks loved it that an Under Armour team won & they had to slide their shirt with the swoosh on over the Under Armour logo.

Under Armour is too busy writing us giant checks....

But yet...."I need this much cash from all of you!"

1460085071_fce7.jpg

In all the pictures I could find, I didn't see the Nike logo on the on court shirts the Gamecocks were given. I would hazard that Nike did not supply the Gamecock shirts. If they did, I'm sure Under Armor would have a fit!

Hey Nike can have what they want in Columbia. The price starts @ over $70 million in a 10 year period.

I like that we're different and not wearing "me too" Nike like most teams.

Hey Nike can have what they want in Columbia. The price starts @ over $70 million in a 10 year period.

I like that we're different and not wearing "me too" Nike like most teams.
I agree. I'd rather be a big fish to UA instead of just another school to NIKE.

The Cut The Net shirts are noice (as my youngest says) and I just bought one tonight at a very crowded GBT in Cayce. Would it be cool if it were UA instead? Probably, but it's much cooler we're in the position to cut down 2 more nets. Besides, I have more than a few UA Carolina shirts, and just got another one Monday that has no sport, just Gamecocks. It appeared to me while I was there, and from kind of partially listening to other customers and the salespeople that where UA is dropping the ball right now is there is little UA stuff on the racks, and it's not sold out, it just hasn't arrived yet. Don't know what the hold up is. I guess they don't need anymore money, because I know a lot was spent in the short time I was there, and most people I've talked to over the years love the UA gear.

P.S. They also have the 2 The State reprints for $6 each and I believe The State usually asks $30-40 for those on their website. Same as Monday's paper, 1 pics is Sin and Notice hugging, the other is the team wearing the CTN shirts holding the trophy. They had tons left tonight.

This is a stupid post to, too, two. :)

If someone calls another poster "stupid", I believe he is subject to the grammar and spelling police which normally is frowned upon. The irony is just too (or "to" if you prefer) much 2 ignore.

UA is a good product, and over all the majority of their products are top of the line.. i use a ton if their stuff hunting,, and it has no equal in quality and comfort..

This is a stupid post to, too, two. :)

If someone calls another poster "stupid", I believe he is subject to the grammar and spelling police which normally is frowned upon. The irony is just too (or "to" if you prefer) much 2 ignore.

I hope y'all realize that your posts probably just blew USC-1's mind.

No worries, however....as the explosion could likely not even be seen or heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT