ADVERTISEMENT

Underarmour trying to back out of UCLA deal

It hurts us in men's basketball, along with the other things we've recently discussed.

Also, many athletes hate the shoes. Conner Shaw was forced to delete a tweet complaining how uncomfortable they were. Devin Hester famously said -- after his contract with UA was up -- that those shoes hurt his feet and contributed to his lack of production.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicag...12/21/2651379/devin-hester-chicago-bears-nike

I’d probably like a change as well.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
The new football operations center has a big UA logo cutout. I wonder how easy that would be to remove if we terminated our contract with UA?

Nike reported a lose of $790 million in the their just issued quarterly report.

True, but for the year (which includes that quarter) Nike had net income of over $2.5 billion and they’re sitting on a ton of cash. So, Nike will weather the pandemic storm just fine. UA on the other hand was not strong prior to the pandemic, so their future is less certain.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
I know they have been financially struggling for many years. Will be interesting to see if they survive the pandemic and if they attempt to dissolve their agreements with other universities.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla...s-ucla-it-wants-to-terminate-deal-with-school

Not saying i like UA, but I no longer buy this argument that they are way overpriced vs the other brands. Quick search on fanactics.....

Clempson sideline Nike polo is reg price $84.99 on sale for $63. South Carolina sideline UA polo is reg price $84.99 on sale for $60.

Also, many athletes hate the shoes. Conner Shaw was forced to delete a tweet complaining how uncomfortable they were.
Wonder who forced him to delete the tweet. Technically, if the school did, then they were completely in the wrong since the school is a state entity and that violates the 1st amendment protections.I mean it's a moot point now, but it's an academic discussion at least.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Not saying i like UA, but I no longer buy this argument that they are way overpriced vs the other brands. Quick search on fanactics.....

Clempson sideline Nike polo is reg price $84.99 on sale for $63. South Carolina sideline UA polo is reg price $84.99 on sale for $60.
That just means they're BOTH overpriced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT