ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms worn in bowl games since the JoMo era

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
1984 Gator: garnet helmet, garnet jersey, garnet britches
1987 Gator: garnet helmet, black jersey, white britches
1988 Liberty: garnet helmet, black jersey, white britches
1994 Carquest: garnet helmet, white jersey, white britches (and a rotund head coach)
2000 Outback: white helmet, white jersey, garnet britches
2001 Outback: white helmet, garnet jersey, white britches
2005 Independence: white helmet, white jersey, black britches
2006 Liberty: white helmet, white jersey, garnet britches
2008 Outback: white helmet, white jersey, white britches
2009 Papa John's: white helmet, white jersey, garnet britches
2010 Peach: white helmet, white jersey, garnet britches, hungover QB
2011 Citrus: white helmet, garnet jersey, garnet britches
2012 Outback: white helmet, garnet jersey, garnet britches
2013 Citrus: white helmet, garnet jersey, garnet britches
2014 Independence: white helmet, garnet jersey, garnet britches
2016 Birmingham: black helmet, black jersey, black britches

As much as it pains me to say it, given how the black jerseys are my favorite (& I dig the black britches too; don't mind the black helmets either), we've never won a bowl game when wearing black of any kind other than an accent or facemask color.

Reactions: Gradstudent
1984 Gator Bowl

NFhC1984-gator-bowl-game-dvd-oklahoma-state-south-carolina.jpg

mSj01984-gator-bowl-game-dvd-oklahoma-state-south-carolina.jpg

Last edited:
I found your hungover QB comment funny, and then I realized something. The only bowl games we lost under Spurrier was when Garcia was at the helm. He was probably drunk before the Outback and Papa John's bowls as well.

I found your hungover QB comment funny, and then I realized something. The only bowl games we lost under Spurrier was when Garcia was at the helm. He was probably drunk before the Outback and Papa John's bowls as well.

Garcia didn't play bad in the Papa John's. Everyone else did.

The 2008 Outback Bowl....we weren't winning that one regardless. We had no business being in that bowl.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
All the old uniforms looked better than the ones we have now. I don't like the smaller numbers on the jerseys or the smaller logo on helmets. Just my opinion.

1994 Car Quest, way to coach up ball security, Fat Brad

hqdefault.jpg

One of you may be in this one LOL
dqozc.So.168.JPG

Last edited:
Not that I'm a style expert, but I tend to like our unis before they red/black stripes at the shoulder like they wore 2008-09.

Would rather we go back to the 80. Probably because I was younger then, and could see better.

Not that I'm a style expert, but I tend to like our unis before they red/black stripes at the shoulder like they wore 2008-09.

Would rather we go back to the 80. Probably because I was younger then, and could see better.

Credibility just took a major hit here.

Thanks for all the pics....that was a fun.....and not-so-fun stroll down memory lane!
I agree with a few others above that the 87 uni is the best of the bunch but I still like the white/garnet/garnet combo too

Going a little farther back.

79 Hall of Fame - white, garnet, white (vs Mizzou)
80 Gator - white, garnet, white (vs Pitt)

Showing my age. Was at both.

That 1988 liberty bowl.... tornadoes when we arrived in Memphis,, snow when we left..

Going a little farther back.

79 Hall of Fame - white, garnet, white (vs Mizzou)
80 Gator - white, garnet, white (vs Pitt)

Showing my age. Was at both.

I, of course, knew that, but I didn't bother mentioning them because we only had one possible home uniform then & also only one possible away uniform.

We need to wear white helmets, garnet jerseys and garnet pants. That appears to be the winning combination in bowls (and quite frankly generally).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT