ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial man its hot outside. Lets cool off thread.

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
0d83e04a37e47982b00ebfe1a9b74a74.gif

This is about the longest stretch of hot weather in Montana that anybody I know can remember. I don't think we have had a below-average high in over a month. It hit 95 degrees at my house again today. It's hard to imagine that we're probably within about 6 weeks of our first "sticking" snow of the season.

Tobacco Root Mountains
dsc03033-1400x934.jpg

Reactions: Bad seed
This is about the longest stretch of hot weather in Montana that anybody I know can remember. I don't think we have had a below-average high in over a month. It hit 95 degrees at my house again today. It's hard to imagine that we're probably within about 6 weeks of our first "sticking" snow of the season.

Tobacco Root Mountains
dsc03033-1400x934.jpg
I reside in Grand Forks, ND and last Friday it felt like South Carolina hot that day. That morning I visited the dog park with my German shepherd and he drink like a liter of water within 30 minutes, so i decided to leave fearing it was too hot for him. Temperatures have been about 10- 15 degrees above average since June, but also will get a few days of cool weather. Also the last month or so it has been hazy to due to fires.

75bf0e2c0a88c6e2a65c97da6c29d1b8.png

One thing I miss about cable TV is turning on the European Tour on weekend mornings in the summer. I found watching them play in sweaters and skull caps soothing. Hands in they pockets after a shot...

Then I'd go play a 6-hour round in 95* heat with 95% humidity on an overcrowded course and come home dusty and dehydrated.

• Haha
Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
I reside in Grand Forks, ND and last Friday it felt like South Carolina hot that day. That morning I visited the dog park with my German shepherd and he drink like a liter of water within 30 minutes, so i decided to leave fearing it was too hot for him. Temperatures have been about 10- 15 degrees above average since June, but also will get a few days of cool weather. Also the last month or so it has been hazy to due to fires.
I'd love to have "hazy" right now. This is downright smoke. I first noticed a serious haze on July 3rd. Within a week, it was smoke. These are not unusual conditions for mid August as it often gets smoky about that time and doesn't go away until the first snows of September when the upper elevations might get a foot or so of snow. But this year, basically 2/3 of our summer has been lost to the smoke. I'm hoping for some big winter storms across the Rockies as soon as possible, followed by a warm up for a nice September.

Tobacco Root Mountains
dsc03033-1400x934.jpg
Gosh, 95 degrees in Montana, that's hard to believe. I know it's true but I just can't imagine the weather being so hot. When I was in Wyoming and Montana in 2016 the weather was perfect. I have often told people it was perfect summer weather, it was so comfortable one could do anything they please. I wore a T-Shirt the whole time I was there and never got too hot, I don't remember being the least bit hot anywhere I went in those two states during that particular vacation.

Easy for me. I am at my tree top bar on Lake Murray. A couple of cold Martinis is the thing to do. Oh yeah, as they say

Reactions: Silverspur02
Haha, this just showed up on my youtubes homepage and I thought of this thread. I watched all 16min.

Gosh, 95 degrees in Montana, that's hard to believe. I know it's true but I just can't imagine the weather being so hot. When I was in Wyoming and Montana in 2016 the weather was perfect. I have often told people it was perfect summer weather, it was so comfortable one could do anything they please. I wore a T-Shirt the whole time I was there and never got too hot, I don't remember being the least bit hot anywhere I went in those two states during that particular vacation.
Well, it gets into the 90s fairly frequently in the valleys. You won't see the 90s very often in Yellowstone, Glacier, or the higher elevations. Having said that, 95 here isn't like 95 in South Carolina. It's uncomfortable and you need to hydrate, but it's not suffocating like it is when you add 80% humidity to the equation.

The worst thing is that the heat just COOKS the vegetation dry. And since we don't get much rain at all in July and August, it's a perfect storm for wildfires.

Well, it gets into the 90s fairly frequently in the valleys. You won't see the 90s very often in Yellowstone, Glacier, or the higher elevations. Having said that, 95 here isn't like 95 in South Carolina. It's uncomfortable and you need to hydrate, but it's not suffocating like it is when you add 80% humidity to the equation.

The worst thing is that the heat just COOKS the vegetation dry. And since we don't get much rain at all in July and August, it's a perfect storm for wildfires.
The humidity in Marion, NC has been unreal. Yesterday one could cut it with a knife. I have a combination of asthma and COPD and I couldn't be outside for very long. I just remember being in Wyoming and Montana for a couple of weeks during the summer of 2016 and the weather was a perfect summer weather.

I can't wait for Autumn and then Winter to arrive. Love the cool, crisp, and fresh feeling climate. This summer season here in New York City has been super hot, hazy, and humid so far. A scorching summer in an urban environment is way more uncomfortable than in a rural setting.

Man things have changed on the chat sites. Back on cockytalk or digital roost, a thread with this title would definitely have some pictures of females in the water "cooling down". I was highly disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT