ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming NYC Gamecocks events

gamecockphil

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2013
If anyone is in the NYC area I wanted to let you know of two big events happening over the next few days. The first will be happening tomorrow (Saturday). Former Gamecock QB Stephen Garcia is in town and will be stopping by The Mason Jar (30th and Park) around 5pm for a meet and greet with NYC alumni. The second is a watch party on Monday evening when #1 South Carolina travels to #2 UConn. The watch party will also be at The Mason Jar. The game starts at 8pm but Gamecocks will start gathering after work. Should be a great time and hope everyone in the tri state area makes it over to cheer on the team.

This post was edited on 2/6 1:42 PM by gamecockphil

Originally posted by gamecockphil:
If anyone is in the NYC area I wanted to let you know of two big events happening over the next few days. The first will be happening tomorrow (Saturday). Former Gamecock QB Stephen Garcia is in town and will be stopping by The Mason Jar (30th and Park) around 5pm for a meet and greet with NYC alumni. The second is a watch party on Monday evening when #1 South Carolina travels to #2 UConn. The watch party will also be at The Mason Jar. The game starts at 8pm but Gamecocks will start gathering after work. Should be a great time and hope everyone in the tri state area makes it over to cheer on the team.

This post was edited on 2/6 1:42 PM by gamecockphil
Is Garcia sticking around for WBB Monday night?

I believe he is leaving the area on Sunday so he won't be around for the game. It would have been great if he was.

Originally posted by gamecockphil:
I believe he is leaving the area on Sunday so he won't be around for the game. It would have been great if he was.
I always love it when athletes/coaches of one sport publicly cheer for another sport at the school.

Will always remember ESPN showing a shot of Spurrier and Staley cheering from the press box at Rosenblatt after Whit Merrifield hit the single that gave USC the 2010 national title.

I watched the '11 ECU game at the Mason Jar, I remember the entire bar going nuts when he came in the game. Awesome environment. Kudos to the members of the alumni association that run it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT