ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Not Happening -- Schlossnagle will be next baseball coach at Miss St

coolcock2001

Oct 29, 2003
Will be named in the next few days per what I'm hearing. If this happens how mad will you guys be? Why couldn't Tanner get us a "name"?!!!!!?

I feel this is a trap thread, if someone slams Kinston and then he wins the regional, what then?
tenor.gif

That would be rich considering when his name came up last year in conversations on here, he was, at times, discounted because he wasn't a "big enough" name.

Then again, it was the general consensus anyone not named O'Sullivan was not welcome.

What's Bobby Cox up to these days ?

I'm interested in Kingston's first post season performance, and will he get us back there next year.

Considering all the freshmen who pitched this year, I would hope our mid week and overall record improves next year. We will be young in a lot of fielding positions.

Its easier to get someone like that after a down year rather than a very successful one. They (TCU) were in Omaha last year i believe as well as year before. This year they miss out. We would have begged people to take Chad Holbrook after the first time he missed the tournament even though many said he was the next great coach in the sport. Give a year or two and he misses the tournament at CofC. Schlosnaggle (sp?) could be on that road now and he may be getting out while his name has value or TCU may see the next couple of years and be saying, we dont want a Holbrook on our hands, let him go elsewhere. I think if we had waited we could have had him this year but after missing the tournament, many on here would have screamed and yelled about why did we get a guy who missed out on the tournament.
i think we got a way better coach than many on here thought we would have based on no one hearing of Kingston. people were upset about Muschamp but all indications are pointing to him making us very good. Kingston I believe will do the same.

Bump. Sorry about the bad info guys, had this one wrong. Looks like State also having difficulty hiring a "name"

Bump. Sorry about the bad info guys, had this one wrong. Looks like State also having difficulty hiring a "name"
Figured this was the case and Henderson would get the full time gig. Heard no mention of it this weekend during MSU games. Henderson's a pretty good coach. He did well at UK.

He's an interim coach -- they fired their original guy only a couple weeks into the season after it was revealed he had some tryst going on with a chick in Florida

What's wrong with that??? Schedule games in the state of Florida.... FSU, Miami, South Florida, Atlantic Florida, Central Florida, Florida and etc....

That's not good.

Wonder how Miss State could pony up & get him but we couldn't??
Well, they just sunk about $50M into renovating The Dude and their Left Field Lounge is awesome. They have a lot to offer, including being in a s&^thole of a city in the middle of nowhere so they are safe from NCAA scrutiny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT