ADVERTISEMENT

Upset of the Century Brewing?

4thgengamecock

Aug 6, 2013
Lady Flyers lead UConn at the half, 44-43. First time since 2011 UConn has trailed at the half. Neither team looks capable of missing. Catch the rest on the main ESPN channel.

Anything can happen. UCONN isn't used to close games and they may not perform well under pressure.

Looking like a false alarm. Never really thought they'd make it. Still only a 10 point game with 12 to go, so I guess it still isn't completely decided.

U Conn will never get beat. The refs give all the calls to them. Stewart can't foul. She charges into people and climbs over their back and a foul on the other team. Dayton did show how to hang with them for a half. I would say play an over aggressive defense on them, but the refs would foul out the whole team.

UCONN has only played seven players and they have zero points from their bench. Will any team ever expose the Huskies' lack of depth?

Originally posted by Garnet chicken:
U Conn will never get beat. The refs give all the calls to them. Stewart can't foul. She charges into people and climbs over their back and a foul on the other team. Dayton did show how to hang with them for a half. I would say play an over aggressive defense on them, but the refs would foul out the whole team.
Stewart just started swinging her arms against a textbook trap. She falls out of bounds and gets the call. Then, it gets followed by a clear over-the-back by UConn.

You guys are idiots. Watch the game and see why UCONN has won 9 national championships and it isn't because of the refs. It's because they are better than everybody else.

Yeah, what was that call Beckham? Stewart falls out of bounds and they call a foul on Dayton. Stewart dives on some girl for a loose ball and they call a foul on Dayton. Terrible.

I bet this board leads the rivals network in posts complaining about the refs. Heck, Cocks aren't even playing this game!

I just like to see a game called fairly for both sides. You don't have to give more advantage to a favored team like this. USC women rarely get any favor.

Originally posted by CONNGAMECOCK:
You guys are idiots. Watch the game and see why UCONN has won 9 national championships and it isn't because of the refs. It's because they are better than everybody else.
I'm not saying they are winning because of the refs. It's clear that they are better.

The point is, the refs took over to start the second half and aided the UConn run. It was a joke.

CONNCOCK, when a player can do ANYTHING they want to on the court, without any worries about fouling out,............its not very
difficult to win games. Parity is catching up with them in spite of the officials!

ADVERTISEMENT