ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Myer to resign

No shock. When your team goes 12-1, destroys Michigan, wins the Big Ten, goes to the Rose Bowl, but the season is a disappointment because your team didn't make the playoff, why continue? It's all about playoff these days. Nothing else matters.

Not worth the stress, if you have other options.

No shock. When your team goes 12-1, destroys Michigan, wins the Big Ten, goes to the Rose Bowl, but the season is a disappointment because your team didn't make the playoff, why continue? It's all about playoff these days. Nothing else matters.

I think this is more about the level of corruption that seems to occur in every Meyer stop.

Yeah, but a lot of Urban's issues are of his own making! I bet if you asked the majority of OSU fans they would prefer he stay!

Yeah, that could be it too.

Not that it won't stop another team from hiring him.
I DO wonder about that. I mean, yes, SOMEONE will... but I wonder if he could get another blue chip job. I mean, you will win, but he's going to leave a flaming wreck in his wake. You could make the argument that Florida hasn't recovered YET.

Reactions: Brace1
He should have been fired two months ago! And yes he will coach again in two years at Southern California or Notre Dame!

Let's see. I will leave because of health issues, never mind I lied about knowing a coach was beating his wife and lied to the press about knowing anything about it. No one will blame me for quitting for health problems.

Once might be an accident. Twice is a pattern.

How much y’all wanna bet the Browns throw INSANE money at him . Gruden like money . He’s only 54 which is kinda crazy . He’s been around so long I was kinda surprised he isn’t older . Can’t imagine he would go anywhere else but OSU at the college level . Think about it ... local boy , millions of dollars , pretty low expectations , no recruiting , a rabid fanbase that is gonna support either way , a pretty good young core to build around . I know deep down most college coaches have a small desire to at least give the NFL a shot . Their egos are so large they can’t help it . If Urban could get the Browns in the playoffs he would be a GOD in the state of Ohio .

Reactions: Jpcooper
Let's see. I will leave because of health issues, never mind I lied about knowing a coach was beating his wife and lied to the press about knowing anything about it. No one will blame me for quitting for health problems.

Once might be an accident. Twice is a pattern.
Yeah, I remember getting caught lying when I was a kid, I definitely had some serious health issues!

Already bought a home in Tallahassee, FL.....

Jeezzz ... ever been to Tallahassee ?? He would buy a house in Destin or Pensacola Beach and get choppered in . I think the FSU hatred of him while he was at UF would be tough for them to swallow !!

How much y’all wanna bet the Browns throw INSANE money at him . Gruden like money . He’s only 54 which is kinda crazy . He’s been around so long I was kinda surprised he isn’t older . Can’t imagine he would go anywhere else but OSU at the college level . Think about it ... local boy , millions of dollars , pretty low expectations , no recruiting , a rabid fanbase that is gonna support either way , a pretty good young core to build around . I know deep down most college coaches have a small desire to at least give the NFL a shot . Their egos are so large they can’t help it . If Urban could get the Browns in the playoffs he would be a GOD in the state of Ohio .
If stress at the collegiate level is exacerbating his medical issues, I hardly think an NFL gig with a struggling franchise would be therapeutic.

Just for the sake of a small debate, if & I do mean IF by chance Champ is let go a couple years from now & Urban wanted to get back into coaching, do you think we'd take a shot at hiring him?

Just for the sake of a small debate, if & I do mean IF by chance Champ is let go a couple years from now & Urban wanted to get back into coaching, do you think we'd take a shot at hiring him?
He wouldn't do what Spurrier did. If he comes back, it will either be a very small situation or a premier situation.

If stress at the collegiate level is exacerbating his medical issues, I hardly think an NFL gig with a struggling franchise would be therapeutic.

I actually think there would be less pressure than at OSU . If you get the browns in the playoffs you are a miracle worker . You don’t win championships at OSU you’re on the hot seat . Also at the NFL level you aren’t spending your entire off season recruiting and pounding the pavement . Very unlikely it would happen but wouldn’t shock me .

I actually think there would be less pressure than at OSU . If you get the browns in the playoffs you are a miracle worker . You don’t win championships at OSU you’re on the hot seat . Also at the NFL level you aren’t spending your entire off season recruiting and pounding the pavement . Very unlikely it would happen but wouldn’t shock me .
Every professional coach that succeeds now works 70-80 hours a week more than half of the year. Don't ask me what they do, but they work that long by many accounts. I can't see a man in his late 50s taking that on if he has stress-related health issues. Now he might do it, but I would have to question current reporting regarding his health if he ever does that.

Every professional coach that succeeds now works 70-80 hours a week more than half of the year. Don't ask me what they do, but they work that long by many accounts. I can't see a man in his late 50s taking that on if he has stress-related health issues. Now he might do it, but I would have to question current reporting regarding his health if he ever does that.
I've been doing that for 21 years. Which is why I am retiring in 27 days for stress-related reasons. Hope he rides off into the sunset.

Reactions: king ward
Im sure that big headache he had just prior to the season starting had nothing to do with his prompt retirement, again.

Well, I know most posters like to turn their nose up at Urban but he could outdo both Holtz and Spurrier. It would scare the hell out of Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT