ADVERTISEMENT

USC’s Williams-Brice Stadium’s lack of sidewalks is ‘embarrassing.’ Are they finally coming?

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
This is LONG- LONG overdue. Leaders in the City of Columbia, athletic department and DOT should have remedied this a long time ago.

South Assembly Street near Rosewood Dr. and that area looks pathetic and has for years.

State Rep. Seth Rose, D-Richland, previously called the lack of sidewalks around the stadium “embarrassing,” and said the appearance of the roads around the fairgrounds and Williams-Brice don’t help Columbia put its best foot forward for visitors.

“It’s just embarrassing,” Rose said in a November interview with The State. “You go to a game and people are walking in the street. We don’t have sidewalks around the state fairgrounds. … I live here, I have children here, and there are things that just bother me.”

When I watch games on TV that are at Williams-Brice, I often feel like the visual intimidation of the crowd is completely lost in the sidewalk quality at Assembly Dr. Fix this and Carolina will be a formidable place for opponents to play. 😀

Reactions: AikenGameFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT