ADVERTISEMENT

USC at Kentucky game thread

Its really a shame that an unnamed poster on this site called the 3rd year QB for SC ...an embarrassment

Last edited:
Reactions: rojas
have you been in a coma.. he took over a 3-9 team, less than 2 years later he 9-3 last year...
His team just played like they are in a coma. Lol.[/QUOTE
9-3 was great last year, but our defense creating turnovers won us half of those games. They're not doing that so much so far this year. We'll be good to win 6 this year.

Gotta give UK credit. Stoops has built a good team in YEAR 6. I’m on the fence on Muschamp still due to the fact of his past at UF, but he also inherited a dumpster fire. This team can still win 8-9 games. We need competition at QB, and GO COCKS!!

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
On the plus side, our defense did hobble Benny Snell to 3 yards per carry and only 85 yards, which was his second lowest output of the year.

I'm not even mad anymore.

It's actually funny.

I mean we are down two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and we run a 20 play clock eating drive. No matter what we just keep grinding it out.

We had a disastrous turnover negated by a penalty, then our qb makes a bad pass into double coverage and gets intercepted.

Never mind he had someone open in the end zone he didn't see. How the heck does Bentley always find the guy who is double covered to throw to? It's like he it trying to do it that way.

But what's funny is it was like we were burning the clock for Kentucky.

Reactions: jonesz21
After the first half I was dumbfounded at the difference between Ky and us. Now after the game is over I really think there is very little difference. If we had played up to our capabilities it could've been anyone's game. But with countless bad passes and at least as many drops along with stupid, STUPID mistakes, we had no chance against any good team. I don't think KY is all that great and I don't think we're anywhere near as bad as we looked tonight. One other note: I DESPISE KENTUCKY AND BENNY SNELL.
I think the difference is marked.

On the plus side, our defense did hobble Benny Snell to 3 yards per carry and only 85 yards, which was his second lowest output of the year.
A lot of weird things happened to the fact we beat ourselves. Give UK credit for capitalizing on our mistakes. That’s what good teams do.

I know a lot are slamming Muschamp. But to me, he has the right game plan for the most part. It’s the lack of a starting QB to execute the game plan that’s killing us. The defense got gashed, but they gave up 24 points with an int machine for a starting QB doing them no favors whatsoever. Connor Shaw would’ve gone 12-0 with this team

The Cocks may have been a little soft tonight.... but Champ will rally the troops and finish the season strong! #neveragain!

I know a lot are slamming Muschamp. But to me, he has the right game plan for the most part. It’s the lack of a starting QB to execute the game plan that’s killing us. The defense got gashed, but they gave up 24 points with an int machine for a starting QB doing them no favors whatsoever. Connor Shaw would’ve gone 12-0 with this team

Connor wouldn’t have with this O scheme. That said I’m not sure if we fired Will now anyone would come here. The D lost a ton of starters last year. We basically shut out UK in the second half. We just couldn’t take advantage bc our O is awful and Jake is just an ok QB. I actually though Scar looked ok. Maybe it’s hard to demote a coach’s son. But I’m ready for us to try something different

Incredibly the stats are almost dead even other than TOP which KY held about a 10 min advantage. (And of course the score, lol)

After the first half I was dumbfounded at the difference between Ky and us. Now after the game is over I really think there is very little difference. If we had played up to our capabilities it could've been anyone's game. But with countless bad passes and at least as many drops along with stupid, STUPID mistakes, we had no chance against any good team. I don't think KY is all that great and I don't think we're anywhere near as bad as we looked tonight. One other note: I DESPISE KENTUCKY AND BENNY SNELL.

You know this has been your fan's stance for going on 5 years now. Do you think at this point it's because we are better?

You know this has been your fan's stance for going on 5 years now. Do you think at this point it's because we are better?
I won't deny that you're better. I just don't think the gap is as big as it looked in the 1st half tonight.

I won't deny that you're better. I just don't think the gap is as big as it looked in the 1st half tonight.

Trust me it is. Muschamp is not the answer in Columbia, you have to go find you a winner at coach at the very least a competent offensive coordinator. Coaching is a mismatch, lines are a mismatch, you probably have better WR but poor Bryan Edwards had something going on in his head tonight. He dropped two for sure big plays.

Congrats to the Wildcats. I was giving the Cats 21 and they got 24, about as expected. However, offense stunk up the first half, and it wasn't even the Cat defense stopping us.

Bryan is wide open deep and drops it. Jake misses Deebo by a yard on the five yard line for an easy TD, Deebo drops a first down pass with both hands on the ball and open, and A. J. is running for the endzone and trips with no one around him. We left 21 points off the board in the first half simply shooting ourselves in the foot. Then the team decides to play some ball in the second half after we spot them three TDs. Only playing half a game is not the way to win games. At least we rebounded in the second half, unlike the Georgia game. That's encouraging.

It's actually funny.

I mean we are down two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and we run a 20 play clock eating drive. No matter what we just keep grinding it out.

We had a disastrous turnover negated by a penalty, then our qb makes a bad pass into double coverage and gets intercepted.

Never mind he had someone open in the end zone he didn't see. How the heck does Bentley always find the guy who is double covered to throw to? It's like he it trying to do it that way.

I think UK was real happy with that. With a 2 TD lead, UK was giving SC the underneath stuff for 8-10 yards and making sure they didn't hit anything big. My thoughts at the start of the drive was SC would need to score a TD with 5 minutes on the clock to have a good chance at winning. I think UK had the same thoughts.

It appeared that Stoops called off the dogs at the half.
Lol, no. Stoops stopped passing to avoid a turnover. That let us stuff the box and shut the running game down. If we had cut it to seven points, then they would have returned to using a passing attack to pull our LBs back off the line. They were still trying to score, just doing it one dimensional.

It appeared that Stoops called off the dogs at the half.

I don't think he called off the dogs. SC started playing the run better and with a 3 TD lead UK's offense was playing very conservative. Also, UK took about 7 points on their side of the scoreboard tonight with penalties. If UK has a chance at A&M they need to clean some things up. UK is just better than SC. If they played 10 games, UK would win 6 or 7 maybe 8.

Trust me it is. Muschamp is not the answer in Columbia, you have to go find you a winner at coach at the very least a competent offensive coordinator. Coaching is a mismatch, lines are a mismatch, you probably have better WR but poor Bryan Edwards had something going on in his head tonight. He dropped two for sure big plays.

There was a lot of talk like that about Stoops in his 3rd year at UK. I'm glad Barnhart stood by him. Fans always want the coach fired after big loses.

Gotta give UK credit. Stoops has built a good team in YEAR 6. I’m on the fence on Muschamp still due to the fact of his past at UF, but he also inherited a dumpster fire. This team can still win 8-9 games. We need competition at QB, and GO COCKS!!

Just my 2 cents.
The secret to UK is Eddie Grann. He's been in the SEC since forever. He's got experience and then some.

Just my 2 cents.

You have got to be kidding about 8-9 win. Please admit you are kidding. This team has as much a chance of winning 8-9 games as The Browns do the Super Bowl

Bentley is far better this year, than last year, four games in. This time last year, he was throwing 3 yards over the receiver's head or 3 yards behind them. He's far more accurate, overall He can't catch the ball for them.

The big difference this year is the receivers dropping perfectly thrown balls. And not just one receiver but all of them. They were catching them last year.

We still have some LB issues, and some missed tackes killing us. We did improve after the half.

Some of the errors are fixable, guys running by the ball carrier without knowing it, when they should have stayed back and contained. We will be a little better at defense at season end. Still learning. Hopefully WRs learn to catch balls thrown directly into their hands. They're useless otherwise.

Bentley is far better this year, than last year, four games in. This time last year, he was throwing 3 yards over the receiver's head or 3 yards behind them. He's far more accurate, overall He can't catch the ball for them.

The big difference this year is the receivers dropping perfectly thrown balls. And not just one receiver but all of them. They were catching them last year.

We still have some LB issues, and some missed tackes killing us. We did improve after the half.

Some of the errors are fixable, guys running by the ball carrier without knowing it, when they should have stayed back and contained. We will be a little better at defense at season end. Still learning. Hopefully WRs learn to catch balls thrown directly into their hands. They're useless otherwise.
They don’t block well either. Screen used to be bread and butter

It's actually funny.

And our head coach frosty eyed looking like he has no clue. Which he obviously don’t or he would have made them hurry up

And our head coach frosty eyed looking like he has no clue. Which he obviously don’t or he would have made them hurry up
You sure were confident before the game. Maybe you are humbled now. USC is a bad team with a program headed in the wrong direction.

You have got to be kidding about 8-9 win. Please admit you are kidding. This team has as much a chance of winning 8-9 games as The Browns do the Super Bowl
Yes, we can still do that, if the team decides to show up for both halves of the game. We were far worse offensively last year, this early in the season (but defense was better) and we managed 9 wins (including a loss to Kentucky). The unexpected dropped passes this year hopefully improves, sooner than later. I don't think defense will catch up to last year's defense, but will be decent. Both A&M and Florida are likely lesser opponents that Kentucky, so are winnable (again, if we show up for both halves) Clemson is still a likely loss, but if QB issue persist, maybe winnable. Missouri is an unknown, we whipped them last year, we'll find out next week. Except for Clemson, nobody left on the schedule is likely as good as Kentucky, and the Cats might be better than Clemson. 8 wins is doable.

Reactions: -BBH-
You sure were confident before the game. Maybe you are humbled now. USC is a bad team with a program headed in the wrong direction.

Wishful thinking. U right. We not very good so don’t get to excited about beating us we are below ave for sure. We have some pieces but got out coached the entire game

It's actually funny.

Resting the Defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT