ADVERTISEMENT

USC/Florida Game Thread

No, you do not. What you are doing is not support....not at all. All you do is whine....though that would make you a good UNC fan.

Yes, I DO. I support having an offense that isn't one of the worst in the nation for the second year in a row despite having top 25 talent all over the field.

Anybody what isn't complaining isn't paying attention. Nothing more than a clueless cheerleader.

Then Jake needs to quit running over to his dad after every series and get on the headphones with his position coach. I wonder who he is actually listening to.

I think Jake is just young. But he is the problem that this O isn't doing better. I won't say he is regressing but I think he has trouble reading defenses at this level. His completion percentage is as high as it is because his receivers have jumped high, made one handed catches to bail him out. That said he is about where Connor Shaw was in his early career given his age. I think Jake can pull it together. I actually saw him go through reads today as opposed to locking on to receivers. Although when he locked on them, he got picked all three times and should have been a fourth. Folks bitch about the 114th ranked offense when we are 7-3/5-3 in SEC. I know about 80-90 teams ahead of us who would trade places.

I think Jake is just young. But he is the problem that this O isn't doing better. I won't say he is regressing but I think he has trouble reading defenses at this level. His completion percentage is as high as it is because his receivers have jumped high, made one handed catches to bail him out. That said he is about where Connor Shaw was in his early career given his age. I think Jake can pull it together. I actually saw him go through reads today as opposed to locking on to receivers. Although when he locked on them, he got picked all three times and should have been a fourth. Folks bitch about the 114th ranked offense when we are 7-3/5-3 in SEC. I know about 80-90 teams ahead of us who would trade places.

quit making so much sense...you're going to confuse a few on this site

why Bob, what makes you think i'm talking about you....you're not that popular

Well, you have been replying to me almost exclusively the last 15 minutes defending your offenseless boyfriend.

And you shouldn't even dare mention Roper's name in the same sentence with Frank Martin. Martin is X1000 the coach Roper will ever be.

Well, you have been replying to me almost exclusively the last 15 minutes defending your offenseless boyfriend.

And you shouldn't even dare mention Roper's name in the same sentence with Frank Martin. Martin is X1000 the coach Roper will ever be.

bob, you talk like you're 12 years old, so i wont be mean

I personally have never advocated for the firing of Roper and it's clear his play calling and offense has made progress since the Kentucky game. I have more of "let's wait and see what type of progress he can make" Having said that , he cleary does not have the knack for calling plays that allows our offense to get in a rythmn. We won today in spite of Roper, not because of Roper. If you can't see that you're wearing your garnett glasses. The injury excuse is just stupid, UF played today with many more players out or injured than we had out. And the guys that say "Roper didn't throw three ints today or Roper didn't miss a block today....etc, don't seem to understand coaching at all. Its utimately on Roper, it's his job to know who can block and what plays Jake is capable of making. I understand that the extreme "fire Roper" guys are over the top and no matter what Roper does at this point they won't be satisfied , but a few of the Pro-Roper guys are equally bad. There are few that will allow any discussion of Roper that's not a glowing endorsement and if you question anything Roper does you're deemed an awful fan by this group. Just because we won doesn't mean our offense played well. AJ Turner saved our a$$ today, I not sure we win today without his performance today. This is a board for discussion, you can critique without being a bad fan.

Last edited:
Yes, I DO. I support having an offense that isn't one of the worst in the nation for the second year in a row despite having top 25 talent all over the field.

Anybody what isn't complaining isn't paying attention. Nothing more than a clueless cheerleader.
Where is that top-25 talent? It's not at OL, nor at RB. WR? Probably, but they are true freshmen...and still don't block we'll on screens (getting better, but still missing quite a few blocks). QB? Sure, but still a true sophomore still learning to learn to play on this level, reading defenses, etc.

Your criticism with the failure...or, worse, choice...to ignore our limitations in personnel, indicates you do NOT support this team. You simply take a very myopic view and bitch, whine and moan.

Reactions: bosoxcock
We won in spite of Bentley having a very bad day, period. The first two interceptions were good calls...one cost is a touchdown. Bentley was all over the place throwing the ball.

BTW, Roper doesn't coach the OL. We just hired a new coach last year to do that....blaming that on Roper really diminishes the point you are trying to make.
I personally have never advocated for the firing of Roper and it's clear his play calling and offense has made progress since the Kentucky game. I have more of "let's wait and see what type of progress he can make" Having said that , he cleary does not have the knack for calling plays that allows our offense to get in a rythmn. We won today in spite of Roper, not because of Roper. If you can't see that you're wearing your garnett glasses. The injury excuse is just stupid, UF played today with many more players out or injured than we had out. And the guys that say "Roper didn't throw three ints today or Roper didn't miss a block today....etc, don't seem to understand coaching at all. Its utimately on Roper, it's his job to know who can block and what plays Jake is capable of making. I understand that the extreme "fire Roper" guys are over the top and no matter what Roper does at this point won't satisfy them, but a few of the Pro-Roper guys are equally bad. There are few that will allow no discussion of Roper that's not a glowing endorsement and if you question anything Roper does you're deemed an awful fan by this group. Just because we won doesn't mean our offense played well. AJ Turner saved our a$$ today, I not sure we win today without his performance today. This is a board for discussion, you can critique without being a bad fan.
dpi

Reactions: bosoxcock
Where is that top-25 talent? It's not at OL, nor at RB. WR? Probably, but they are true freshmen...and still don't block we'll on screens (getting better, but still missing quite a few blocks). QB? Sure, but still a true sophomore still learning to learn to play on this level, reading defenses, etc.

Your criticism with the failure...or, worse, choice...to ignore our limitations in personnel, indicates you do NOT support this team. You simply take a very myopic view and bitch, whine and moan.

Top rated QB that is in his second year. Numerous top rated receivers. Probably the best tight end in college football. No superstar runningback, but numerous solid backs that have produced. EW has oline performing much better.

ZERO REASON TO BE THIS BAD ON OFFENSE. Z-E-R-O.

We won in spite of Bentley having a very bad day, period. The first two interceptions were good calls...one cost is a touchdown. Bentley was all over the place throwing the ball.

BTW, Roper doesn't coach the OL. We just hired a new coach last year to do that....blaming that on Roper really diminishes the point you are trying to make.

They don't understand, the offense starts in the OL's ability...SC has several So Con talented Olineman, when that changes the offense changes

They don't understand, the offense starts in the OL's ability...SC has several So Con talented Olineman, when that changes the offense changes

That's a load of crap. EW has the oline playing much better. If Roper had done as good a job as EW, we would be, at worst, 9-1.

It's not totally unfair to say we had a little hangover from the Georgia game. Lot of emotion left on the field last Saturday.

That's a load of crap. EW has the oline playing much better. If Roper had done as good a job as EW, we would be, at worst, 9-1.

I've rarely, if ever responded to you because you tend to make no sense, i dont know what got into me today, i guess your whining every week did it..... but that comes to an end for me today, you're just to much of a broken record to respond further..have a nice life

Reactions: rogue cock
You make yourself sound dumber and dumber by each post you make....quit before we start thinking you went to Clemson.

EVERYTHING I said is spot on. Our oline is much improved, and we certainly have much better than 114th in the nation offensive talent.

Only a football idiot would argue either of those points. BOTH ARE FACT.

I've rarely, if ever responded to you because you tend to make no sense, i dont know what got into me today, i guess your whining every week did it..... but that comes to an end for me today, you're just to much of a broken record to respond further..have a nice life

Good. You just look dumb suggesting that there is a valid reason for our offense being one of the worst in the nation.

After thinking about it for a couple hours I’ve come to a few conclusions...
-Be Happy with 7-3. We only have one quality win yes but we beat teams Tenn and Florida that are poorly coached but much more talented than us.
-Following this forum during games rarely is anybody positive about anything.
-We are not a great team. We’re a bowl eligible team that got a crappy schedule to give us a couple extra wins we shouldn’t have gotten.
-Playcalling is confusing at times and I’m critical of Roper as any but we still had almost 500 yards of total yards. Let that sink in.
-Bentley has issues yes, but he’s the best we have and we’re lucky to have him...anybody that remembers Perry Orth should remember that.
-And thank goodness we can field a punt this year!!!! Progress!!!!

After thinking about it for a couple hours I’ve come to a few conclusions...
-Be Happy with 7-3. We only have one quality win yes but we beat teams Tenn and Florida that are poorly coached but much more talented than us.
-Following this forum during games rarely is anybody positive about anything.
-We are not a great team. We’re a bowl eligible team that got a crappy schedule to give us a couple extra wins we shouldn’t have gotten.
-Playcalling is confusing at times and I’m critical of Roper as any but we still had almost 500 yards of total yards. Let that sink in.
-Bentley has issues yes, but he’s the best we have and we’re lucky to have him...anybody that remembers Perry Orth should remember that.
-And thank goodness we can field a punt this year!!!! Progress!!!!
light years better than the last spurrier / mumbles / elliott season

this staff is coaching & recruiting like no other in recent memory here

go cocks!

EVERYTHING I said is spot on. Our oline is much improved, and we certainly have much better than 114th in the nation offensive talent.

Only a football idiot would argue either of those points. BOTH ARE FACT.
Very simplistic, myopic analysis. You have to be young or have never played a down of football.

Did you start posting just to bitch, because that's all you've done since you started posting....I know what a few of the long term posters would call someone who did that. There seems to be a few of you on here....posting nothing positive, just negative crap....whine, whine, whine.

Top rated QB that is in his second year. Numerous top rated receivers. Probably the best tight end in college football. No superstar runningback, but numerous solid backs that have produced. EW has oline performing much better.

ZERO REASON TO BE THIS BAD ON OFFENSE. Z-E-R-O.
It all begins in the trenches. You can have the greatest skill players in the world but if you don't have the horses on the line, it's going to be a struggle. South Carolina is not a team that can line up and throw on every down. We have to be able to run the ball. In games where we have been able to run the football our offense has looked pretty good. That includes today. Had it not been for the bad pics from Bentley we would have scored over 40 points in that game today. Bentley has been frustrating to watch this year. He'll make a great play and follow it up with a boneheaded play. He needs to settle down and stop trying to force things.

dpi

Where did I blame the O-line problems on Roper?

BTW , I thought the o-line clearly had their best game today. The only time that I mentioned the o-line, I was quoting a earlier poster that was defending Roper. I did imply that it is utimately Roper's job to call plays that our line is capable of executing, I still believe that. The play where Cory Helms had to pull and block CeCe Johnson was the play I was thinking of when posting, thats a play he is just not physically capable of making. There are some people that will support Roper regardless, these folks are incapable of a rational discussion, just like the fire Roper extremists (this statement is not directed at you RC, I have not read enough of your post to say that)

Last edited:
The blame isn't on the Oline. They aren't Bama, but they are certainly much better than they were last year.

I personally have never advocated for the firing of Roper and it's clear his play calling and offense has made progress since the Kentucky game. I have more of "let's wait and see what type of progress he can make" Having said that , he cleary does not have the knack for calling plays that allows our offense to get in a rythmn. We won today in spite of Roper, not because of Roper. If you can't see that you're wearing your garnett glasses. The injury excuse is just stupid, UF played today with many more players out or injured than we had out. And the guys that say "Roper didn't throw three ints today or Roper didn't miss a block today....etc, don't seem to understand coaching at all. Its utimately on Roper, it's his job to know who can block and what plays Jake is capable of making. I understand that the extreme "fire Roper" guys are over the top and no matter what Roper does at this point they won't be satisfied , but a few of the Pro-Roper guys are equally bad. There are few that will allow any discussion of Roper that's not a glowing endorsement and if you question anything Roper does you're deemed an awful fan by this group. Just because we won doesn't mean our offense played well. AJ Turner saved our a$$ today, I not sure we win today without his performance today. This is a board for discussion, you can critique without being a bad fan.

If Jake doesn't throw 3 interceptions in this game, we kill them. And those throws were poor decisions or executions. And I understand coaching very well having grown up in a coaching family and married into another one. I am not saying Roper is a world beater OC. His scheme is what Muschamp wants. And if Will gets rid of him (which I doubt), Will only hire another OC who runs the same type of scheme. We have one QB and we ride or die with Jake. Jake needs to be more careful with the football. He needs to go to his check down receivers more often (which Connor Shaw did really well). We should have a better idea what we have next year when we have a more mature Jake and a backup. Still we have managed to win 7 out of 10 games and were close to making Atlanta in Will's second season. If you can't appreciate that, you didn't appreciate how bad our program had become.

People need to realize the difference between us and UT and UF isn't that great. We're building and they're falling apart. Our guys are buying in and theirs are checking out. We still need to build talent and depth. We will probably end up 2nd (I'm not sure of the math there) in a pretty bad conference. That's something to be happy about.

Last edited:
People need to realize the difference between us and UT and UF isn't that great. We're building and they're falling apart. Our guys are buying in and theirs are checking out. We still need to build talent and depth. We will probably end up 2nd (I'm not sure of the math there) in a pretty bad conference. That's something to be happy about.
You are correct on the state of the programs mentioned. However, I will say, on paper, UT and UF have more talented football players but we have the more successful team because of what you said about our guys buying in and theirs checking out. I'm thrilled at where we are and excited about where we are headed.

If Jake doesn't throw 3 interceptions in this game, we kill them. And those throws were poor decisions or executions. And I understand coaching very well having grown up in a coaching family and married into another one. I am not saying Roper is a world beater OC. His scheme is what Muschamp wants. And if Will gets rid of him (which I doubt), Will only hire another OC who runs the same type of scheme. We have one QB and we ride or die with Jake. Jake needs to be more careful with the football. He needs to go to his check down receivers more often (which Connor Shaw did really well). We should have a better idea what we have next year when we have a more mature Jake and a backup. Still we have managed to win 7 out of 10 games and were close to making Atlanta in Will's second season. If you can't appreciate that, you didn't appreciate how bad our program had become.

Did you read my post ? Where did you get the impression I'm not excited or can’t appreciate the progress of our team? I honestly believe some people read a line or two and arrive at a conclusion. I clearly said that I thought this was the BEST game our offensive line has played and I thought I made it clear I was neutral where Roper is concerned (ironically just as you appear to be). Anytime someone gets on here a talks about how much they know about coaching , intelligence, money ....etc. I immediately become cynical, I think most do. You very well maybe a football genius, but its a bad move to tell people how smart you are, you need to do that with your post. Sorry if you think I'm being rude, I’m guessing you’re young, in your mid 20s. I’m just trying give you some advice I learned a while back. I used to get on here and tell the board what a big dumb ass I am, now I just let my post do the talking for me.

Did you read my post ? Where did you get the impression I'm not excited or can’t appreciate the progress of our team? I honestly believe some people read a line or two and arrive at a conclusion. I clearly said that I thought this was the BEST game our offensive line has played and I thought I made it clear I was neutral where Roper is concerned (ironically just as you appear to be). Anytime someone gets on here a talks about how much they know about coaching , intelligence, money ....etc. I immediately become cynical, I think most do. You very well maybe a football genius, but its a bad move to tell people how smart you are, you need to do that with your post. Sorry if you think I'm being rude, I’m guessing you’re young, in your mid 20s. I’m just trying give you some advice I learned a while back. I used to get on here and tell the board what a big dumb ass I am, now I just let my post (sic) do the talking for me.
paragraph too long to read

you let your post (sic) do your talking?

posts?

Did you read my post ? Where did you get the impression I'm not excited or can’t appreciate the progress of our team? I honestly believe some people read a line or two and arrive at a conclusion. I clearly said that I thought this was the BEST game our offensive line has played and I thought I made it clear I was neutral where Roper is concerned (ironically just as you appear to be). Anytime someone gets on here a talks about how much they know about coaching , intelligence, money ....etc. I immediately become cynical, I think most do. You very well maybe a football genius, but its a bad move to tell people how smart you are, you need to do that with your post. Sorry if you think I'm being rude, I’m guessing you’re young, in your mid 20s. I’m just trying give you some advice I learned a while back. I used to get on here and tell the board what a big dumb ass I am, now I just let my post do the talking for me.

Get a grip man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT