ADVERTISEMENT

USC hire to boost recruiting

michaeltsims

Oct 10, 2002
Lexington, SC
In no way am I implying that this is even an option, but it would be interesting for USC to pursue Jim Baxter (SC Varsity) to work in our recruiting department. He has excellent connections to most of the SC high school coaches and could go a long way in helping a new staff connect.

giphy.gif

Ok, ok, you guys obviously know more about him than I do. I just hear his interviews with coaches and his interviews on 107.5 and he sounds like he has a lot of quality connections and relationships. What am I missing?

I don't think recruiting S.C. is a problem. It's all the other states we need help in.We need a good High School relations person this is something that takes time & a lot of years to build relationships with high school coaches.

There is no such thing as a "recruiting department."

Only coaches may recruit. You wanna hire this guy as a coach?

There is no such thing as a "recruiting department."

Only coaches may recruit. You wanna hire this guy as a coach?

Are you serious? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Um, yes there absolutely are staff solely hired for the purposes of recruiting. They create media, mailings, social media posts, connections with high school leadership, etc. No, they do not talk to students, and I am not implying that Baxter should talk to recruits. Our department is fairly small, unlike many others, but quality programs have entire departments whose purpose is to get their school's brand into the community and to establish and keep relationships with coaches and high school staff. This is a similar role to what some people are mentioning for Ellis Johnson. Having someone like Baxter (Obviously I am not in the loop with him and realized that this is a horrible suggestion) that can communicate regularly with high school coaches and then relay their thoughts, potential players, etc to our coaching staff is important.

Last edited:
Are you serious? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Um, yes there absolutely are staff solely hired for the purposes of recruiting. They create media, mailings, social media posts, connections with high school leadership, etc. No, they do not talk to students, and I am not implying that Baxter should talk to recruits. t.

Okay. I'm good with that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT