ADVERTISEMENT

*** USC-KENTUCKY GAME THREAD ***

Would have been a blow out if the defense had this type of first quarter...

Amazing how much the mental aspect and confidence play in the college game. Just amazing. Suddenly ky can run it again

Offense shouldn't have had to kick 3 field goals in the red zone in the third quarter.

Is one more stop asking too much from our D. This feels like MO all over again. Stop them time after time then can't get the one we need.

Disappointed...but I do believe that Orth will give us a better chance to win from here on...

Welp, this game could signal the end of the good times under Spurrier. We just don't have the talent that Kentucky has. That's all on Spurrier and his staff.

The offense was abysmal in the first half. Granted, our tackling was poor, but I'm sure they were exhausted because the offense couldn't sustain a drive.
Over 300 yards allowed in the first half....they gashed us in everything they did. They couldn't call an unsuccessful play.

Orth is not the answer. He tries but does not have the talent. No mater who the QB is we will be a undergo in all the SEC games except Vanderbilt and we might lose that to.

we're not hungry

got what we deserved

I'd rather beat UK than UGA this year.............SOS has got to stop calling dumb ass plays. The swing to Cooper on the goal line was stupid. No one does that cause the D is playing up as they know they can't be beat deep. Numerous bone head calls in the red zone.

Reactions: bmhood1984
from a friend who is an LSU fan:

"I send my condolences - think this will be the last year for Spurrier... Will likely bring in a big name, providing a new spark next season"

Reactions: bmhood1984
Orth is not the answer. He tries but does not have the talent. No mater who the QB is we will be a undergo in all the SEC games except Vanderbilt and we might lose that to.

I actually thought Orth showed a strong arm and made good decisions except for the INT. I know this.............I'm in the Orth camp now. Our team makes stupid...stupid mistakes. Personal fouls and such. Maybe we keep improving but other than Cooper, our wide outs are lacking.

from a friend who is an LSU fan:

"I send my condolences - think this will be the last year for Spurrier... Will likely bring in a big name, providing a new spark next season"
Spurrier will be back next year. It's not the end of the world. It was a football loss, and something we have at least 2 of every year. It'll still be fun watching the Cocks win a couple they aren't supposed to win. I'm hoping one will be the Taters.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Spurrier will be back next year. It's not the end of the world. It was a football loss, and something we have at least 2 of every year. It'll still be fun watching the Cocks win a couple they aren't supposed to win. I'm hoping one will be the Taters.
hope you're right

go cocks!

I just got home from the game a little bit ago... Damn man, we almost made a monumental comeback, but you cannot come back from 24-7 with FIELD GOALS. The personal foul when we had first and goal at the one COST US THE GAME. Boneheaded, stupid, moronic, childish... I cannot say bad things enough about the fool that did that.

The INT NOT being overruled as a fumble is just inexcusable. The ball was coming out of the guy's hands BEFORE he was down.

A few things changed from The first half to the second half for our D. 1. The REFS FINALLY CALLED HOLDING ON KY. They did it at will the whole first half, and man does that make it easier to run block and pass block! CHEATING WORKS, and Ky is not above it boy, let me tell ya... That was just asinine the refs let it go so far for so long before finally, MERCIFULLY calling twice for us. 2. We disguised coverages better... Made a bit of difference, but honestly, why did we not make that adjustment DURING the first half? Could our coaches not tell we were telegraphing our coverages until they got to the locker room? 3: the personnel we were using along the D line switched up. We have a ton of depth on to he DL, and being able to switch them in and out and keep them fresh is going to give us and advantage over a LOT of teams in the second half of ball games. It is no coincidence the D has looked a lot better than the offenses we are facing in both games so far. We keep churning out bog bodies with fresh legs smashing on the OL of the other team who has been in there every snap. We are turning the tables and wearing down their O!

I blame the loss and that fool getting that personal foul, but there were so many opps... The missed field goal in the first half, the complete LACK of any defense at all in the first half.. we just got behind by too much and when we finally found some identity on offense, it was simply too late.

My final gripe- WHY DO WE WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE GAME TO GIVE CARSON SOME TOUCHES!? Williams has looked slow and TIMID and has absolute STONE HANDS. Carson is shifty, strong, can catch the ball and plays like his ass is on fire! If we haven't bumped him up to the #2 back yet, our RB coach needs to be fired.

My final gripe- WHY DO WE WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE GAME TO GIVE CARSON SOME TOUCHES!? Williams has looked slow and TIMID and has absolute STONE HANDS. Carson is shifty, strong, can catch the ball and plays like his ass is on fire! If we haven't bumped him up to the #2 back yet, our RB coach needs to be fired.
Maybe Carson is so effective because of WHEN he enters the game. It could be that the defense gets accustomed to the speed of Wilds and Williams, and then because of Carson's size and speed at hitting the hole, it makes it more difficult to adjust. Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT