ADVERTISEMENT

USC/UGA score ?

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
UGA 31 USC 13 I believe the D-line will have a moment or 2. But UGA is just too good.

Reactions: PaleoCock
UGA 31 USC 13 I believe the D-line will have a moment or 2. But UGA is just too good.
Hopefully this is a worst case scenario with a silver lining.
We get paid back for 2012..... They get us 35-7 but this still beats the crazy spread.

I'm hoping the defense slows them down enough to make a game of it. If we push TDs into field goals...

Best case scenario
17-13 Gamecocks on top.

I honestly don’t see us scoring more than 7 against them. Not with this offense. And that 7 might come from special teams or defensive touchdown. Have no clue how much they’ll score because I have no idea how legit our defense actually is.

Best case scenario is obviously that we spring the upset somehow. Realistically, I see it this way: UGA 31 USC 10. If we turn the ball over like we did against ECU, it gets much uglier.

• Sad
Reactions: vehemon

We are getting more points than UAB last week, sad state of affairs. However, I don’t think the offense can play much worse than last week (that’s my hope anyway).

We cover the 32 but the game is never in doubt, our offense will play better but it won’t equal many points…UGA defense too good.

UGA 38
USC 10 (TD in garbage time)

I honestly don’t see us scoring more than 7 against them. Not with this offense. And that 7 might come from special teams or defensive touchdown. Have no clue how much they’ll score because I have no idea how legit our defense actually is.
I think we get a cheap TD in garbage time. The only way we score more is if UGA turns the ball over 3-4 times.

Our defense has looked very good against two much lesser opponents. Saturday night will be a more realistic test.
As far as the offense, I was really expecting that we should have scored well over 50pts in game 1, and the 13 they put up against ECU was less than stellar.
All of that having been said, I expect something like a 37-3 or 41-6 game. If our D can hold them under 25, I’d say that’s a pretty solid performance by them. My expectations for the O are very low.

Our defense has looked very good against two much lesser opponents. Saturday night will be a more realistic test.
As far as the offense, I was really expecting that we should have scored well over 50pts in game 1, and the 13 they put up against ECU was less than stellar.
All of that having been said, I expect something like a 37-3 or 41-6 game. If our D can hold them under 25, I’d say that’s a pretty solid performance by them. My expectations for the O are very low.

FWIW, Satterfield said we ran a vanilla offense against EIU using just a handful of plays in the 2nd half. In the ECU game, he said we kept shooting ourselves in the foot and got in bad down/distance situations and weren't able to run our full offense. The insinuation is that maybe we'll have a more robust offense against UGA.

Reactions: TAV31
All I ask for out of this game is our guys play hard from start to finish, no matter what the score is. Team leaves Athens with no injuries.

acc-4.jpg

FWIW, Satterfield said we ran a vanilla offense against EIU using just a handful of plays in the 2nd half. In the ECU game, he said we kept shooting ourselves in the foot and got in bad down/distance situations and weren't able to run our full offense. The insinuation is that maybe we'll have a more robust offense against UGA.
That’s what I loved about Spurrier and that’s the creativity he displayed in big games, especially with nothing to lose and seemingly big underdogs. Muschamp couldn’t scratch that surface, but I think these coaches bring that dynamic. Ready to see how we respond to this opportunity/challenge in front of us Saturday

Our new game plan. 😜

I’ve thought about that, and certainly hope you’re right!! Bad thing is, I’ve seen this movie waaay too many times - and gotten my hopes up - over the last ~40yrs that I’ve been old enough to follow.

Our offense wont be able to do anything against the UGA D. Maybe we can get a short field with a big special team play or a TO or 12.

Reactions: hillstosea
I’ve thought about that, and certainly hope you’re right!! Bad thing is, I’ve seen this movie waaay too many times - and gotten my hopes up - over the last ~40yrs that I’ve been old enough to follow.

Well, yeah, it's become part of our fanbase's playbook to dismiss any offensive woes in opening games as merely that we were holding back on the playbook. To date, we've never seen it play out that way.

There's not much of a chance we beat them, but that's why we play the game. I do think our defense is better than they've been given credit for, so I do think we cover. But IMO it's going to be a 31-10 type of game.

Georgia did not score against clemsux. Their TD came on a pick 6. Not that our D is as good as clemsux, but I don't think their offense is all that great. If our D has truly improved over last year (remains to be seen) we should be able to keep the scoring down reasonably, unless our O runs lots of 3 and outs and forces the D to stay on the field the whole game. I look for more of a defensive game than most people have indicated.

• Haha
Reactions: JJF84 and TAV31
I think Georgia will beat us 34-13. We cover the spread. Show some fight early. A sloppy field makes for an ugly first half. It’s a more competitive game than most people think or than this score indicates

I think this is a great line to jump on to make money. We were blown out last year, but that was Bobo coaching in a lame duck season. Even if we get down, with Beamer in the honeymoon phase the guys will continue to compete, just like the ECU game.

In the end they have too many horses for us to win, but we can compete. Soaked field, great effort and a few UGAly miscues help us keep it close.

We are getting more points than UAB last week, sad state of affairs. However, I don’t think the offense can play much worse than last week (that’s my hope anyway).

We cover the 32 but the game is never in doubt, our offense will play better but it won’t equal many points…UGA defense too good.

UGA 38
USC 10 (TD in garbage time)

I’m was feeling 38-10 also.

But, Parker nails a couple kicks and UGA goes more ground and pound, which eats clock.

So, I’ll go 34- 13.

We have some talent and I think we’ll make some big boy plays on both sides.

UGA is good for a mistake or two, which could help.
Another 5 TO game would be appreciated.

We cover the spread. Moral victories and all….

I’m expecting a good game by the D-line, our one upper tier SEC unit.

I’d like to see more competence by the O-line and our OC. But, it will be tough sledding for sure.

The UK game will a much fairer litmus test on our O.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
We score three TDS. Two passing, one rushing and get two turnovers. I dont know what the dawgs will do but we win.

• Haha
Reactions: JJF84
I am thinking 31-9. We get close to the red zone a few times, but only come out with 3 FG's.... its close going into the 4th because of our D (17-9) but we run out of gas and they finish out strong... we come out feeling good that we "hung" with #2 in the country for 3 quarters, giving us false hope going into the future... "the gamecock way"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT