ADVERTISEMENT

USC will require everyone on campus to wear a mask beginning June 1

Lawd hayah muhcy! I would get expelled. No way in hell I'm wearing a mask for a bug no more lethal than the seasonal flu with 90+% of its victims senior citizens! It seems like a race to overreact and come up with the most ridiculous protocols. Silly silly people.

No worse than the seasonal flu? We have over 100,000 dead in this country after 3 months and we had to shut the country down to keep it to that level. That’s worse than the seasonal flu by a long shot.

WHO says there is no need for healthy people to wear face masks, days after the CDC told all Americans to cover their faces

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-no-need-for-healthy-people-to-wear-face-masks-2020-4

This is interesting as most conservative conspiracy theorist claim that the WHO and China are in cahoots. That includes the president. So who should we believe? The CDC that the president doesn’t believe, or the WHO, who the president doesn’t believe?

If a mask is supposed to protect you, why do you have to stand six feet apart? If standing six feet apart is supposed to protect you, why do you have to wear a mask?

If wearing a mask and standing six feet apart is supposed to protect you, why are several states still on lock down?

And I’m 100% for any life insurance company not having to pay out a dime to the surviving family for the covered member who doesn’t wear a seat belt.

also include specifically social security survivor benefits to the family- None.
I'll have to think about social security a little longer, as that's not a contract between two private entities.

I can only hope that those who ride sans buckled seatbelt have the cash to cover their family's expenses going forward.

Reactions: Rollerdude123
This is interesting as most conservative conspiracy theorist claim that the WHO and China are in cahoots. That includes the president. So who should we believe? The CDC that the president doesn’t believe, or the WHO, who the president doesn’t believe?

The CDC is a bureaucracy that has a bunch of life long career people who have come up with policies over the years..

Just because Trump is President and he puts his guy in charged, you have career workers who will still be there and tolerate the new policies for 4 - 8 years and go on with their business...

https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream...C_Masks-2020.3-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

Community settings

Studies of influenza, influenza-like illness, and human coronaviruses provide evidence that the use of a medical mask can prevent the spread of infectious droplets from an infected person to someone else and potential contamination of the environment by these droplets.13 There is limited evidence that wearing a medical mask by healthy individuals in the households or among contacts of a sick patient, or among attendees of mass gatherings may be beneficial as a preventive measure.14-23 However, there is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can prevent them from infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID-19.

Medical masks should be reserved for health care workers.

The use of medical masks in the community may create a false sense of security, with neglect of other essential measures, such as hand hygiene practices and physical distancing, and may lead to touching the face under the masks and under the eyes, result in unnecessary costs, and take
masks away from those in health care who need them most, especially when masks are in short supply.
Persons with symptoms should:

• wear a medical mask, self-isolate, and seek medical

advice as soon as they start to feel unwell. Symptoms can include fever, fatigue, cough, sore throat, and difficulty breathing. It is important to note that early symptoms for some people infected with COVID-19 may be very mild;

• follow instructions on how to put on, take off, and dispose of medical masks;

• follow all additional preventive measures, in particular, hand hygiene and maintaining physical distance from other persons.

There is a very serious disease this world faces right now, and that disease is called "The Fear of Being Sued." That is the real reason business and institutions are doing this stuff. They don't really think they are really keeping people from getting sick.

Reactions: davidusc
As anyone with common sense knows, as as hundreds of studies tell us, the best way to survive an auto accident is to stay secured in your seat.

“near side” impacts are very dangerous. However, the least survivable outcomes are when you are ejected from your seat, regardless of the location of the impact.

A severe “near side” crash will typically kill the driver regardless. When it doesn’t, the lowest survivable outcome is being ejected from the seat which a seat belt helps prevent. However, a large percentage of auto accidents are not side impact crashes. Therefore the need to wear a seat belt at all times is paramount.

it’s also the law.
Personal choice! My body, my choice!

That reminds me...

Ukrainian woman uses panties as face mask after she’s denied service

https://nypost.com/2020/05/27/woman-uses-panties-as-face-mask-after-shes-denied-service/

And she looks cute to boot...

A Ukrainian woman has gone viral for removing her panties and wearing them as a mask after being refused service at a post office, according to a report.

The woman was caught pulling off the stunt on surveillance footage at the Nova Posha post office in Kiev, where she walked up to the counter without a face covering, the Sun reported.

When told that she would not be provided service without a required mask, the flustered woman removed her pants in front of stunned customers — then took off her white panties and placed them over her face.

Witnesses said the woman is a mother of two who was unhappy with safety measures imposed amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“Well, she found a way around it,” one person said in a social media post. “No one has banned the use of panties instead of a mask yet!”

Another user said: “She was lucky she wasn’t wearing a thong that day, otherwise the idea would have failed!”

The video was posted online by a postal employee who now faces punishment for sharing the footage.

In April, Ukrainian authorities ordered all residents to carry an ID and wear a mask in public.

If a mask is supposed to protect you, why do you have to stand six feet apart? If standing six feet apart is supposed to protect you, why do you have to wear a mask?

If wearing a mask and standing six feet apart is supposed to protect you, why are several states still on lock down?

If seatbelts are supposed to protect you, why do cars and trucks have to have airbags? If airbags are supposed to protect you, why are seatbelts required too?

Only when it doesn’t impact anyone else. Lack of seat belt use Impacts other people’s wallets. So that’s why the law says you have no choice.

Just so you'll know, gamecockballfan, I have voted Libertarian in every presidential election since 1984. Libertarians advocate responsible exercising of freedom. And Rollerdude123's comment, IMO. addresses the responsible exercising of freedom.

Now if you can craft a legislative bill to address the freedom to not wear a seatbelt such that it won't impact someone else's wallet, I'm all for it, even though I'll continue to buckle up.

No sex in the dorms unless you wear a mask...

Lawd hayah muhcy! I would get expelled. No way in hell I'm wearing a mask for a bug no more lethal than the seasonal flu with 90+% of its victims senior citizens! It seems like a race to overreact and come up with the most ridiculous protocols. Silly silly people.

There you go...

A new study from researchers at Harvard University says that hooking up carries some risk for transmitting COVID-19 from one partner to the other, and recommends – among other practices – wearing a face mask while doin’ it.

Couples should wear face masks during sex, new study insists

https://www.foxnews.com/health/couples-face-masks-sex-study

I guess if you just say a bunch of things and claim that it's 6th grade stuff, maybe people will believe some of it?
I'm quoting epidmeiologist. I'm also a scientist. Show me wear my statements are incorrect. The fact you don't remember some of this was taught in middle school is disheartening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT