ADVERTISEMENT

UT Termination letter to JP - BIG OOF

Does anyone think UT will get out of paying off Pruitt's buyout that easy? I don't. Better lawyer-up, UT.
They'll probably come to a settlement through arbitration. Thing is, the school would be fine with the cheating if no one got caught. It's very funny that Fulmer's name was on that letter as well.

They'll probably come to a settlement through arbitration. Thing is, the school would be fine with the cheating if no one got caught. It's very funny that Fulmer's name was on that letter as well.

Sounds like Pruitt was complicit throughout the entire ordeal. I guess the UT admin’s bullshit meter finally caught up

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReelEss
So in essence they are saying they can’t find anything to directly tie Pruitt to the actions. Funny other schools use that as an excuse to try and keep a guy.

So in essence they are saying they can’t find anything to directly tie Pruitt to the actions. Funny other schools use that as an excuse to try and keep a guy.
I think it will be interesting to see how this is perceived in the coaching community. Seems like if the narrative becomes that TN scapegoated (if that's an actual word) JP to keep from paying him, that won't play well with potential replacements - at least anyone they would want to have.

I think it will be interesting to see how this is perceived in the coaching community. Seems like if the narrative becomes that TN scapegoated (if that's an actual word) JP to keep from paying him, that won't play well with potential replacements - at least anyone they would want to have.
The replacement is already there.

I assume this letter was not leaked and was published because of the inevitable Freedom of Information requests?

Why didn’t we do this with Muschamp? Lol! Incompetence should be one of the clauses. We have the proof. It’s all in film.
LOL yes to incompetence and also there were some recruiting violations under Muschamp. Granted not as serious

What have the official investigations concluded at UT? I’ve been so out of the loop. Are they paying kids?

"The investigation is ongoing, and UT administrators did not disclose the type of violations. But Plowman said Pruitt and UT staff committed Level I and Level II violations, but she didn't know how many or the specifics. “The scope of the actions should indicate to you that the number of violations is significant, and the number of people involved (is significant) — and deliberate efforts to conceal these activities from our compliance office,” Plowman said."

Seems like a load of BS to me. Just a way to start (again) with another savior for UT foosball, and try and get out of paying him anything. It’s peculiar (like another poster mentioned) that Fat Phil’s name is on the letter, but he’s gone too. Which is it? Is Phil one of the “good guys” here, or was he complicit in all of this? I know one thing, this definitely goes higher than CJP.

They are likely in full panic mode behind the scenes because the hammer 🔨 is potentially coming, and even with these violations, they are so far behind Bama, UGA, and UF they think they’re ahead.....

"The investigation is ongoing, and UT administrators did not disclose the type of violations. But Plowman said Pruitt and UT staff committed Level I and Level II violations, but she didn't know how many or the specifics. “The scope of the actions should indicate to you that the number of violations is significant, and the number of people involved (is significant) — and deliberate efforts to conceal these activities from our compliance office,” Plowman said."

Yep....just look at the two assistant coaches that were also fired, Shelton Felton and Brian Niedermeyer, and who they recruited and signed. Quite a few highly rated players on their list of recruitments including one big transfer from Auburn this year.

Seems like a load of BS to me. Just a way to start (again) with another savior for UT foosball, and try and get out of paying him anything. It’s peculiar (like another poster mentioned) that Fat Phil’s name is on the letter, but he’s gone too. Which is it? Is Phil one of the “good guys” here, or was he complicit in all of this? I know one thing, this definitely goes higher than CJP.

They are likely in full panic mode behind the scenes because the hammer 🔨 is potentially coming, and even with these violations, they are so far behind Bama, UGA, and UF they think they’re ahead.....
From reports Fulmer is also resigning his position....make of that what you will.

Also, some reports out of Tennessee are saying that Peyton will have a big influence on who the next head coach will be....that was from another site.

I hope one of two things happen.. Hugh Freeze turns them down or they end up hiring Freeze and the NCAA puts them on the a 5 year probation the next day without a show cause hearing...
I really think Steele is there in more than an interim role. Coming into an investigation that they are publicly admitting to, I just can't imagine them hiring Freeze. And I can't see him coming there for 2 years of sanctions.

What have the official investigations concluded at UT? I’ve been so out of the loop. Are they paying kids?

Got this from a fellow gamecock (who’s on here but I won’t name) who’s family is all Vol grads.

Cousin said they were paying players, they knew this was coming down over the last month or so. Supposedly Pruitt was a D!€k to the Chancellor, he wasn’t listening to the Covid Doctors and Fulmer quit.

Kind of a quad whammy. Not sure how anyone is going to go bat for you after that....especially since the guy that brought you in quit.

There is no doubt in my mind that Fulmer cheated years ago and cheated when he came back, just as much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT