ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt game

There's not a bad seat. It's all one deck; no upper deck. You might honestly should wait and buy tix outside the stadium bc they will likely be face or less. I tailgated in some big public park that was near the stadium that didn't even charge to park

You can watch the game from your room at the Marriott. It’s across the street.

It really is a great stadium for view. If you get your tickets through the Gamecock Club and you are not way up the ladder, you will almost certainly get better seats some other way. We didn’t like our GCC seats so we just walked up 15 rows and over a section to a better seat.

Vandy game is a great trip. Everyone should make it at least once. One of the best features about the trip is it’s typically a game we win. I guess a loss could ruin the trip that much more but odds are it’s an ugly game but we win. I went in 2004 and it was a 12:30 kickoff, 11:30 local time. That felt odd even if just an hour earlier. We actually won that one easily and there were more Gamecocks than Vandy fans in the stadium. Walking around Nashville was awesome, especially if you have any interest in country music. If you don’t, you might after this trip. Just about every bar has live music and all of them are top notch. Back in those days SC still had mini-bottles so the free pour was a highlight of the trip as well.

Reactions: Sparky_100
Vandy game is a great trip. Everyone should make it at least once. One of the best features about the trip is it’s typically a game we win. I guess a loss could ruin the trip that much more but odds are it’s an ugly game but we win. I went in 2004 and it was a 12:30 kickoff, 11:30 local time. That felt odd even if just an hour earlier. We actually won that one easily and there were more Gamecocks than Vandy fans in the stadium. Walking around Nashville was awesome, especially if you have any interest in country music. If you don’t, you might after this trip. Just about every bar has live music and all of them are top notch. Back in those days SC still had mini-bottles so the free pour was a highlight of the trip as well.
The downtown area is great on Saturday night. The Opryland area is nice also. If you elect to stay at the Opryland Hotel, you have all sorts of shopping, dining and entertainment there and at the Mills shopping complex next door. There's a river cruise that features entertainment leaving from there also.

Reactions: Sparky_100
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT