ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy girl kicker wins Player of the week

CO Special Teams POTW, no less...
Yeah, I know. I get what you're saying, but if I was the other person I would know I actually earned it. I was the real winner that week. Sucks I gotta share it, but at least it wasn't just given to me.

• Love
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I think the bigger question is who's football scholarship did she take away? Since she is playing football, she can't be on a soccer scholarship.

Literally any player on the field could have done this.

Right-o.

If all they were gonna ask her to do was a 30 yard squib kick, literally anyone on the team could have done that.

But, doesn't matter that it was a crappy kick for one of the worst teams in college football in a game where they were getting their a**es kicked. It's historic b/c they're telling us so.

IWHI

36193768-8995239-image-a-25_1606524478297.jpg

Now they have made college football a joke. POW for kicking a football 30 yards? How is this equal treatment? No Vandy male football athlete could make that kick? Total political BS.
This right here. I feel almost certain Vandy's punter could have done a better job, if called upon, as kicker. After all, they practice together. It's certainly not misogynist to point out how silly this award is.

Why does this bother so many people? It doesn't affect your lives one way or another.

I mean, I realize most of you are pissed you peaked in high school and haven't done a damn thing since, and along comes this college girl who is more athletic than you are.... so I guess I get it. A lot of insecure dude-bros.

Maybe you can all run to Clay Travis and have a snowflake party together and start making fun of black folks... then you will all feel better.

Why does this bother so many people? It doesn't affect your lives one way or another.

I mean, I realize most of you are pissed you peaked in high school and haven't done a damn thing since, and along comes this college girl who is more athletic than you are.... so I guess I get it. A lot of insecure dude-bros.

Maybe you can all run to Clay Travis and have a snowflake party together and start making fun of black folks... then you will all feel better.
Pretty sure the majority of men on this board can kick better than she did on that particular attempt at kicking a football.

She's still played more college football than you guys.

And she's got an SEC Championship.

Meanwhile, you old farts are yelling "get off my lawn!"
Thats the attutude. This guy gets it. Don't judge this incredible female athlete by the results. If you cant see this was a miracle happening right before our eyes, then you are an old closed minded republican. What she did Saturday was an inspiration to every galaxy in the entire universe. That unintentional squib kick was a thing of beauty. Never ever again will women be told they cant compete in any sport against men. Our nation really needed a hero. Now we have one we can all be proud of. You go girl !!!!!

I could care less if Vanderbilt wants to put a female kicker out there.But,don't try to ram down our throats that this is some great accomplishment.They could have grabbed just about any student male or female and they could have done at least as well if not better.Conference POW.Come on!

I could care less if Vanderbilt wants to put a female kicker out there.But,don't try to ram down our throats that this is some great accomplishment.They could have grabbed just about any student male or female and they could have done at least as well if not better.Conference POW.Come on!

You could care less, yet you read the thread and posted in it... and obviously it bothers you. So why does it bother you? A lot of women reject you and this is how you respond? Her getting an award doesn't affect anything in your daily life, yet you are angered in some way.

Reactions: funktavious
Pretty sure the majority of men on this board can kick better than she did on that particular attempt at kicking a football.
Well, it was a designed pooch kick so I doubt a majority on this board could have. And that's really not the point anyway. Why does her getting player of the week bother you? Did it take the award away from you or your brother? Or your son? Does it affect your quality of life? What does this have to do with the Gamecocks? If you want to just admit, "Yes I am sexist and I hate women getting involved in football" then that's fine, just admit it and move on.

• Sad
Reactions: josillor
Yes, you are right. It is long past time that someone should play the race card on this historical event. I am so glad you did that for us. If you cant embrace what she did then you are a racist.

Well, it was a designed pooch kick so I doubt a majority on this board could have. And that's really not the point anyway. Why does her getting player of the week bother you? Did it take the award away from you or your brother? Or your son? Does it affect your quality of life? What does this have to do with the Gamecocks? If you want to just admit, "Yes I am sexist and I hate women getting involved in football" then that's fine, just admit it and move on.

Does white oppression of minorities personally affect you? Were you upset over George Floyd? Did that personally affect you? Did it affect your quality of life?

Reactions: uscedge21
Thats the attutude. This guy gets it. Don't judge this incredible female athlete by the results. If you cant see this was a miracle happening right before our eyes, then you are an old closed minded republican. What she did Saturday was an inspiration to every galaxy in the entire universe. That unintentional squib kick was a thing of beauty. Never ever again will women be told they cant compete in any sport against men. Our nation really needed a hero. Now we have one we can all be proud of. You go girl !!!!!
When did I say any of those things? I just think it's funny this is what you guys get upset about. But that's fine. Everybody needs a hobby.

If this upsets you so much, turn off the TV.

ADVERTISEMENT