ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy loses to Western Kentucky...beats spread

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
I was so involved in our game Thursday I didn't notice Vandy lost. I also didn't realize they were an underdog, at home, against a CUSA opponent.

James Franklin must be a miracle worker. Glad he's gone.

I was so involved in our game Thursday I didn't notice Vandy lost. I also didn't realize they were an underdog, at home, against a CUSA opponent.

James Franklin must be a miracle worker. Glad he's gone.

Yes, James Franklin is a great coach. He may not be the nicest person in the world, but rarely are ultra-successful people also ultra-nice. The adage, "nice guys finish last" has some basis in truth.

Franklin would have been my choice to replace Spurrier before we found out what a sleaze he really is....or appears to be.

Other than the roaming "coach clinic", which is totally legal, I'm not sure why Franklin would be called a sleaze. It's not like he left Vandy on probation. He just seems unlikeable to everyone who doesn't have him as their coach.

Other than the roaming "coach clinic", which is totally legal, I'm not sure why Franklin would be called a sleaze. It's not like he left Vandy on probation. He just seems unlikeable to everyone who doesn't have him as their coach.
Kind of like OUR coach... Right? LOL

I know every Gamecocks fan HATED SOS before he got here!

No PSU/Hackenburg/Temple/70 years talk on the board? Sorry, didn't want to make a new thread.

No PSU/Hackenburg/Temple/70 years talk on the board? Sorry, didn't want to make a new thread.

They stunk today. Penn State fans are ready to fire Franklin. "All talk, no action," they say.

He might not win another game at Penn State, who knows? Nevertheless, what did at Vandy was amazing.

Was he someone that we had an interest in at one time?

He was the top rated pro-style QB coming out of high school. I imagine just about every school in the country showed some interest. But his time at Penn State has been a disaster.

It's doesn't matter how good of a pro-style quarterback a kid is, he better choose wisely where to attend college. Since he can't make plays with his legs, he's highly dependent on the players around him. Penn State doesn't have Bama's O line and the kid got crushed yesterday...against Temple! He was sacked 11 times, if I remember correctly.

Kind of like OUR coach... Right? LOL

I know every Gamecocks fan HATED SOS before he got here!

Not quite true. I hated that FLA used to thump us when he was there, sure, but I have always admired the man's competitiveness, his telling it like it is and to watch his offense in action.

I was ecstatic when he was announced as our coach.

ADVERTISEMENT