ADVERTISEMENT

Venables

Yep. Hope he ends up somewhere away from klemzun, but I really don't think he is head coach material. Has he ever been a head coach?
Doesn't matter to us if he's head coach material. As long as someone hires him away from tater tech they can decide that later on

Reactions: cockyjohn
Yeah, fans will whisper sweet nothings in his ear and he will remain at tater tech.

He is certifiably insane. Would be a good fit at Arkie.

I think his boy is on the team or committed, if he is on the team I don' think he leaves but if he is just committed maybe.

I would rather have Venables, and some of the Clemson staff then Greg Schanio, if I was a Voltard fan and had to pick a DC to be HC

He is making enough money to be satisfied. Like someone mentioned, he has gone on record that he is in no rush and it would need to be a good fit. I believe most think he will stay put until Snyder retires.

Reactions: rogue cock
Venables has said in numerous interviews that he is to engaged with the defense to be a head coach. He eat sleeps and breaths it. Just watch him on the sideline. He does not want to get away from that. However you never fully close that door so if the perfect situation opened up you can take it. His sons want to play for him at clemson. His family is very happy and he publicly said last year clemson did not have to give him a raise to get him to stay.

I think he is like Bud Foster! Loves defense, gets paid really well, don't have the HC headaches and now add in his kid soon to be kids playing at Clemson next few years.

Wait a minute. Let Venables lose eight of his best players like Roper did ( although I'm not a Roper backer) and lets see how great his defense would be.

Smh....good grief lol they lose half the defense every year with no fall off. The front 4 just reloads, it is what it is. They simply get the best out of their players regardless of how highly ranked they are in recruiting.

You need to spell it like Mack Brown pronounces it.......Venerables. From what I hear, he makes $1 million ++ per year and has no real interest in being a head coach. I would be satisfied with that. Plus, he has one son signing and one offered for the next year.

using hogs to get paid more at clemmy. He will get his wish.
Heck, he's using both of them!! Whichever offers him the best deal to stay or go will be his choice. By that I mean he may very well turn down several million from Arky to stay at sCUm for lessor money. I mean Arky gonna hafta make it well worth it for him to pack his bags and move his family.

Last edited:
The truth is Venables makes $1.7 million more then a bunch of head coaches, someone strong has to come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT