ADVERTISEMENT

Video Board Repairs

gamecocks94

Oct 1, 2017
Denver, NC
Read and article on GG saying that the board is nearing the end of its lifespan so repairs will be made before the season. I haven’t been to WB since 2018 so I have no idea how it looks nowadays. I hope they make the score and the rest of the information below the video section bigger. I’ve always thought it was small and hard to read.

I also hope that they finally replace/upgrade the ribbon boards on the rest of the stadium. I know they were supposed to be replaced a few years ago, but that obviously didn’t happen. I don’t recall the two boards on each end of the east and west stands even working the last time I was there.

Reactions: USC2USC
I was curious as to the life cycle of the video boards (Jumbotron). Those are a pretty expensive investment for however long their life is. Pretty much a necessity now though

I’m with the OP on the rest of the info below the board and under the Zone. That red lighting of the numbers of the sore, the down and distance, time outs, etc, is straight from my first games there in 1980. It looks awful now.

Read and article on GG saying that the board is nearing the end of its lifespan so repairs will be made before the season. I haven’t been to WB since 2018 so I have no idea how it looks nowadays. I hope they make the score and the rest of the information below the video section bigger. I’ve always thought it was small and hard to read.

I also hope that they finally replace/upgrade the ribbon boards on the rest of the stadium. I know they were supposed to be replaced a few years ago, but that obviously didn’t happen. I don’t recall the two boards on each end of the east and west stands even working the last time I was there.
I agree that this is an area that needs improvement. The video board situation at WB is far from first class. You are right, the score and down and distance ribbon underneath the big board looks terrible. Also, we need to add continuous LED ribbon boards around the entire stadium on the front of the upper decks. Secondary video boards should also be added in the corners of the double decked end zone.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT