ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech?

A lot of rumors of us playing. I personally don’t see it. Va Tech had a home game. USC had a home game. Both are going to want to chase the money. The road team would be giving a lot up with nothing in return.

I could be wrong. But I don’t see it.

Week 8 (Oct. 20): Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Texas, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, Florida, Texas A&M, Kansas State, Boston College, Iowa State, Louisville, Northern Illinois

That’s good research. Now the question is how many of those teams had a ROAD game cancelled this weekend.

Reactions: jeff2001
The other option is we can throw money at a PC to cancel their game and come to play us.

There are options other than just playing these teams. Unfortunately those options are a weaker game than even Marshall or Coastal

Try to get an FCS team in here. That’d be the best case scenario and still end up having a 12 game schedule.

Reactions: sinkerslider
A lot of rumors of us playing. I personally don’t see it. Va Tech had a home game. USC had a home game. Both are going to want to chase the money. The road team would be giving a lot up with nothing in return.

Not to mention, they are probably the only thing standing in Clemson's way in the ACC; they're probably the only team that has a legit shot at winning against Clemson int he ACC. We don't need another good team on our schedule. We need a Furman or someone we can beat up on to get another W on the schedule.

Furman is a likely option. They had a game cancelled today. You throw them some money. We get a home football game and no refunds needed.

Mark it down. This probably happens

The other option is we can throw money at a PC to cancel their game and come to play us.

There are options other than just playing these teams. Unfortunately those options are a weaker game than even Marshall or Coastal
Unfortunately my Blue Hose are now going to the Pioneer League and a win over them doesn't mean anything. I say Furman.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Why don`t we just all jump off of a bridge, like our schedule isn`t hard enough,. What is wrong with you people. Schedule a cupcake after Clemson. Our schedule is brutal, if you haven`t been paying attention.

Why don`t we just all jump off of a bridge, like our schedule isn`t hard enough,. What is wrong with you people. Schedule a cupcake after Clemson. Our schedule is brutal, if you haven`t been paying attention.

You’re living in 1995. Our schedule is not “brutal”. Georgia, Clemson and Texas A and M are the toughest games on the schedule. It’s quite possible that only Georgia and Clemson will be ranked by seasons end.

A decent team should be able to beat Vandy, Coastal, Chattanooga, Marshall (if not postponed), Tennessee, Kentucky and Missouri.

Florida did not look good against Kentucky. It’s too early to tell what Ole Miss is. By seasons end, they are likely a 7 win team, decimated by their own cheating.

No Alabama, no Auburn, no LSU. Georgia and Texas A and M at home. You couldn’t hand pick a more favorable schedule and stay in the SEC.

Reactions: agantt
Furman is a likely option. They had a game cancelled today. You throw them some money. We get a home football game and no refunds needed.

Mark it down. This probably happens

WELLLLLLL . . . the smaller in-state schools (both public and private) keep the lobbying up 24/7/365 for USC and Clemson to keep them on a rotation in order to help out (finacially) their 'SC kin'. Okay, brothers and sisters, it is now YOUR TURN TO RETURN THE FAVOR!

"If we played Georgia twice in a season we'd lose both times"

Anonymous

Hey it’s Georgia. Convince them to go double or nothing and see if we can get to 41 points after 4 more quarters.

As we all know, our game was cancelled this weekend. So was Virginia Tech's. Virginia Tech shares the same off weekend as we do...

South Carolina vs Virginia Tech in Charlotte, NC anyone?

It's going to be in Columbia or not at all.

Given the available opponents, I don't think Charlotte could cough up enough money to make it worth our while to travel to the Queen City, especially on relatively short notice.

Was any thought given to playing the game today? Would the lower attendance and/or lack of available law enforcement available have played a role?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT