ADVERTISEMENT

Visitor tailgating

Herdon2

May 15, 2003
Could someone help me out with visitor tailgating and where we can park to tailgate? Can't wait for my trip to Columbia to watch We Are Marshall play you guys.

Could someone help me out with visitor tailgating and where we can park to tailgate? Can't wait for my trip to Columbia to watch We Are Marshall play you guys.

There will be game day/general admission parking in the fairgrounds for $35. That area and Gamecock Park are the two largest tailgating areas. I believe it’s gate 6 to enter for GA parking, but on mobile and can’t check right now. Aside from that, if you come towards the stadium via Bluff Rd or Shop Rd from I-77, you can basically drive towards the stadium on either road and there will be tons of lots to park. The closer you get to the stadium, the higher the prices will be. I believe there is a website called ParkingWhiz.com that sells spots off Key Rd that won’t be a far walk. Other than that, you can check Facebook marketplace or Craigslist in columbia and see if anyone is selling single game parking.

Reactions: Herdon2

Better bring 2 tubes.

41gducFkp4L._SY355_.jpg

There will be game day/general admission parking in the fairgrounds for $35. That area and Gamecock Park are the two largest tailgating areas. I believe it’s gate 6 to enter for GA parking, but on mobile and can’t check right now. Aside from that, if you come towards the stadium via Bluff Rd or Shop Rd from I-77, you can basically drive towards the stadium on either road and there will be tons of lots to park. The closer you get to the stadium, the higher the prices will be. I believe there is a website called ParkingWhiz.com that sells spots off Key Rd that won’t be a far walk. Other than that, you can check Facebook marketplace or Craigslist in columbia and see if anyone is selling single game parking.
This is good. If you are meeting someone else to tailgate with a large group (they are bringing the food and gear), have them follow the above, then another option is available. The shuttle from the basketball arena downtown for any that cannot fit in the tailgate vehicle, if you have a group that big. Only one high priced parking that way.

Of course, if you are rich, then spend away. :D

To add to this, you can enter Gate 12 near the corner of Rosewood and Bluff for the GA parking sold by the SC State Fair.

I am on that hill and have been a while.
I was tailgating there when I could just pull my car up to the hill down on the street. Didn't pay for parking for quite a while. But you had to get there early. Probably 8 years since my last tailgate there.

Thanks for the info. How far away is the fairground from the stadium.

I want to be able to set up a tent and prep food and all that. Any problems with alcohol consumption on those lots.?

I bought a parking pass on stubhub today in quad 3. Is that a good spot?

Gamecock Park is the best lot, you’ll have a great time. Make sure to keep your ears and eyes open for the Gamecock Walk a couple hours before the game ... the band, cheerleaders, and team walk through the middle of Gamecock Park and it’s a lot of fun. Hope you and your group have a good time.

If you can remember and don't mind, can you come back and post in this thread when you receive the parking pass? It's usually one placard that they "hole punch" for each game, so I'm curious how they sell single game parking passes in Quad 3 via Stubhub. Will come in handy when I need to buy additional spots for family members.

No hole punch. Just for Marshall game and type that hangs from mirror.
Looking forward to good Saturday of tailgating and football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT