ADVERTISEMENT

Vol fans complaining about officiating

Surely, they can't be serious. Tyson scored on the dive. They didn't call it. We hurry up and run a play and score a touchdown. Then they whistle the play dead after our back is the endzone. Look at the replay and still don't give us the touchdown. C'mon, man.

explanation given from tom & todd: previous play was under review but we ran 2nd play so fast communication from booth didn't reach field ref............let the record show the 2nd play never happened, but it did leave a mark:)

Looked to me like he was in the process of fumbling the ball BUT I did not see any camera angle that showed for sure he had. They could have reviewed as much as they wanted but there was no way they could have reversed the call. Here is a novel idea, you don’t have to worry about plays like this if you don’t let the other team drive down to your 6 inch line.

Last edited:
Well, considering I saw about 8 holds on TN OL and not one got called I’d say they shouldn’t complain. Dag gum J Kinlaw got held over and over, and #35 (Fennel) broke through for a clean shot on the QB in the 4th and the damn OL horse collared him from behind. We got 1 debatable call on the fumble (which was after a play where we scored and they took it away) so TN can STH up.

Surely, they can't be serious. Tyson scored on the dive. They didn't call it. We hurry up and run a play and score a touchdown. Then they whistle the play dead after our back is the endzone. Look at the replay and still don't give us the touchdown. C'mon, man.

I guess we can agree on both sides that the officiating stunk. Blowing our goal line play dead to review was very aggregating. Officials / booth need to be faster with that especially with offenses running hurry up.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Well, considering I saw about 8 holds on TN OL and not one got called I’d say they shouldn’t complain. Dag gum J Kinlaw got held over and over, and #35 (Fennel) broke through for a clean shot on the QB in the 4th and the damn OL horse collared him from behind. We got 1 debatable call on the fumble (which was after a play where we scored and they took it away) so TN can STH up.
Running under the punters leg should be roughing and our guy tackling the returner was pulled off by his jersey right in front of the ref but no call. Two missed calls their way on one play.

Reactions: cockofdawn
uhh the no review on the fumble, and the PI on the Shi Smith dropped td to put us in fg range at the end, just off the top of my head.
How about on our second drive it was a clear P I in the end zone on 3rd down. We had to settle for 3 when it should have been 1st and goal on the 1. The refs missed on both sides.

I hope they enjoy whining about the game... There were too many times we got cheated by Tennessee, Anthony Wright and Marcus Lattimore both get their knees blown out by a Tennessee players...

Suck it Rocky Top!!!!

There are always some bad calls. It tends to even out. there was a blatant interference penalty against Bryan Edwards in the end zone that wasn't called. There was also a block in the back penalty against Steven Montac when they scored a TD that was not called as well. That's 14 points right there.

After they got three plays in five seconds last year they need to shut up.
Didn’t we all turn to each other and say, “Thank goodness UT can’t bring their clock guy”? I know in my section we all did.

I was inKnoxville last year. I watched all 3 plays and immediately looked up at the clock. Each time it was already stopped, including as you are seeing passes sailing out of bounds. Kudos to them for the effort. It was still cheating. Screw the Vols (ode to Bloody Spur).

Now, to the alleged fumble at the Gail line this weekend, obviously at the stadium Didn’t see it. Also didn’t see it on the tape. (Did see we broke the plane the play before, by the way). In any event it was a non-play so, quoting Saturday Night Live, the question is moot.

There was no camera angle where they could have possibly seen what happened. Definitely not enough to overturn the call on the field.

They got the ball back and had a chance to score. They didn't. That's why it's a game.

I thought the play was called dead because of forward progress had been stopped then it popped out. How they didn’t call PI in Edwards on that TD pass that we ended up with a field goal on is beyond me.

Op said Vol Fans. I only see one. Were there others? Anyway, we've had terrible calls over the years and we whined too. Didn't change a thing. Ex. NC State in Raleigh in the Morrison years. Call was terrible but it stood. Just like this one. Suck an egg ucheat fan. Your years of cheating during the Fulmer years when Roy? was SEC Commissioner and you all got away with recruiting crap to help your program means you deserve everything bad possible, imo.

To me it looked like a Dowdle didn’thave control of the ball at the handoff but clearly did as he extended the ball out. There is no view that shows the ball came out there. At that point forward progress was stopped. The ball easily could’ve been ripped out after that point.

It amazes me how people can see that play and clearly see a fumble because of a mis-handled handoff. That doesn’t mean he never got possession.

Was it a break? If he fumbled, yes. But the real break was a late review after Williams had gotten into the endzone the play before. If the team that would benefit from a replay is going hurryup to score, the replay booth should not buzz down in my opinion. There was no reason to review that play...but it very easily could’ve cost us a touchdown.

Op said Vol Fans. I only see one. Were there others? Anyway, we've had terrible calls over the years and we whined too. Didn't change a thing. Ex. NC State in Raleigh in the Morrison years. Call was terrible but it stood. Just like this one. Suck an egg ucheat fan. Your years of cheating during the Fulmer years when Roy? was SEC Commissioner and you all got away with recruiting crap to help your program means you deserve everything bad possible, imo.

Note that 9 posters "liked" his post.

volnation1.jpg

Cry me a Tennessee River - gosh even Butchie didn`t bitch and moan like that, did he?

I am still mad about Super Bowl V. Dave Manders of the Cowboys gets up, hands the ball to the refs and they signal that Baltimore recovered.

I am still mad about Super Bowl V. Dave Manders of the Cowboys gets up, hands the ball to the refs and they signal that Baltimore recovered.
Remember it well. Always thought the Cowboys, a much better team than that Colts team, were robbed in that sloppy game, and didn't run Duane Thomas enough (although his goal line fumble was disastrous). He was virtually unstoppable in those days. I also liked his combativeness. He was really brilliant, too. When asked his thoughts about playing in "the ultimate game": Thomas: "Then why are they playing it next year too?".

Best one though was after Super Bowl VI, when he was robbed of being MVP, clearly because of his combativeness. When asked if he was as fast as he appeared, Thomas replied, 'Evidently".

As you can likely tell, as a little kid who loved to disagree with anyone on anything, Duane Thomas was an idol of mine.

Remember it well. Always thought the Cowboys, a much better team than that Colts team, were robbed in that sloppy game, and didn't run Duane Thomas enough (although his goal line fumble was disastrous). He was virtually unstoppable in those days. I also liked his combativeness. He was really brilliant, too. When asked his thoughts about playing in "the ultimate game": Thomas: "Then why are they playing it next year too?".

Best one though was after Super Bowl VI, when he was robbed of being MVP, clearly because of his combativeness. When asked if he was as fast as he appeared, Thomas replied, 'Evidently".

As you can likely tell, as a little kid who loved to disagree with anyone on anything, Duane Thomas was an idol of mine.

In a 24-3 game (Super Bowl VI) I really thought a defensive player like Bob Lilly was MVP. The Doomsday Defense dominated that game in a way we haven't seen in many Super Bowls. Plus it wasn't some weak team they dominated, it was a Dolphins team that had the undefeated season not long after. With superstars like Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris and Paul Warfield.

There is a prejudice to making the winning QB the MVP that I never understood. Not just Staubach, but Bradshaw, Starr, Brady, Montana, Dawson, Young, Aikman, Plunkett, etc all benefited from that.

I saw Duane Thomas live several times. I was a big Calvin Hill fan. But he got hurt a lot and that put the burden on Duane to carry the Cowboys (back when rushing plays were 60% of the offense).

As long as the Cowboys lost and the BALTIMORE COLTS won, then the process by which it came about can be regarded as Providential.

Clay Travis is a rabid Vol fan who is a professional troll. He's basically a message board poster with a radio show.

Plus, as you said, blowing the whistle to review the previous play took away the TD. The alleged fumble play should never have been necessary in the first place.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Note that 9 posters "liked" his post.

volnation1.jpg
Yeah. But there still is only one Tn. fan pointed out in the post. I believe I gave my thought on years of favortism of the Tn. football program by then SEC commissioner Roy Philpott and why the Tn. fans complaint falls on my deaf ears.

Clay Travis is a rabid Vol fan who is a professional troll. He's basically a message board poster with a radio show.

Plus, as you said, blowing the whistle to review the previous play took away the TD. The alleged fumble play should never have been necessary in the first place.
Clay Travis is an absolute clown, he makes outlandish statements to get reactions from certain fan bases. He even riled that lady reporter on CNN, with his statement about ' Boobs ' lol

Yeah. But there still is only one Tn. fan pointed out in the post. I believe I gave my thought on years of favortism of the Tn. football program by then SEC commissioner Roy Philpott and why the Tn. fans complaint falls on my deaf ears.

I could have posted plenty more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT