Voting, Greatest Gamecock bracket: (1) Alex English vs. (5) John Roche

Who wins?

• Alex English

Votes: 49 51.6%
  • John Roche

Votes: 46 48.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alex left as the all-time leading scorer and didn't have the 3 point shot either. And his NBA career was phenomenal...scored more points in the 80's than anyone else.

Alex's game at Carolina was mostly inside, didn't shoot beyond the 3 much as I recall. Roche played in the ACC, which was the best conference in the 70's. Alex played at USC when we were Independent. A lot of weak teams. One of the reasons for our decline in basketball. Roche only played 3 years Varsity because Freshman weren't allow to play. Alex played 4. Jmho

Reactions: seahawk2020
Played against English a couple of times in high school; he was amazing, high school, USC, and nba

However, if you voted for English, you were not here when Roche was playing at Carolina. No brainer.

Played against English a couple of times in high school; he was amazing, high school, USC, and nba

However, if you voted for English, you were not here when Roche was playing at Carolina. No brainer.

I gave it to English because he's been a more involved with our program in recent years.

Lol. John Roche brought to our school what no one else has, before or since. If you were here to see it, you know what I mean. If you weren’t, you probably can’t understand. For anyone in any sport to get the nod over Roche is fallacious.

Lol. John Roche brought to our school what no one else has, before or since. If you were here to see it, you know what I mean. If you weren’t, you probably can’t understand. For anyone in any sport to get the nod over Roche is fallacious.

I meant the way the English has been around as an ambassador for our program in recent years.

That was got me hooked on BB, seeing Roche and his behind the back dribble and his pure shooting. I like English also, but no comparison to the guy that controlled the team by assists, shooting and ball handling.

Reactions: pecock1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT