ADVERTISEMENT

Voting, Greatest Gamecock (CHAMPIONSHIP): (1) George Rogers vs. (1) Michael Roth

Who wins?

• George Rogers

Votes: 75 66.4%
  • Michael Roth

Votes: 38 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As an ambassador to and for the University, yes, Big George has a big advantage.
BUT, Roth was the key ingredient to dominating "on the field" for TWO NATIONAL CHAMPOINSHIPS!!!
He is a CWS ALL-TIME GREAT.
A National Player of the Year, which is equivalent (in Baseball) to winning a Heisman.

If we are choosing the best Gamecock in terms of performance and accolades, Roth should run away with this.

But he won't. And that's fine because I loved both these guys and what they mean to my Alma Mater.

FOREVER TO THEE!!!!!

I voted for Roth because of the Natties and a similar player of the year award. He won’t win because Big George has the Heisman, still the face of Gamecock nation nationally, has a statue and street named after him. Hell, I should have voted for Big George, but Roth needed something. Both are awesome!

Say what you will but Roth contributed to both of the only 2 National Championships in the men’s big 3 sports in school history. He doesn’t charge you money for a photo with him. And he’s never been arrested or testified to using drugs. I’m not saying I don’t love big George, he has become an excellent ambassador to the school. But Roth has been that since he donned the garnet and black. And this is the finals so all bets are off.

Love both of these guys, but Big George is the best player in any sport I have seen at Carolina in my 55 years of being a fan. He was a man among boys! Also what he does signing autographs before games and staying involved with the university is another feather in his cap.

I have watched Big George play many times at WB. To really appreciate what George accomplished, one has to go back to those times and see the type offenses that were played. George as we all know was a star but what makes his feat so incredible to me is all the opposing defenses had to do was stack the line against him. Opposing defenses only had to put eight or nine in the box. But in spite of that George still managed to become a Heisman Trophy Winner.

Reactions: Holy City Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT