ADVERTISEMENT

Waited until Monday to post...

MorganEFan

Dec 1, 2007
I can't believe some of the posts I've seen on this board since Saturday.

Let's start with this, I am a realist, not someone with garnet colored glasses or someone that see's the glass half empty every time something doesn't go exactly our way. That being said:

If you look at the majority of football "experts" their belief was we would be a better team but may not win as many games. Now these people don't have a dog in the fight other than looking at roster and the talent on them, looking at the schedules and providing their insight on how they thought our season would go. Now mind you, most of these people either played on the college or pro level, sometimes both, and others coached on both levels. I know some of you don't believe this, but they know more about football than you.

Now four games in we sit at 3-1 with a pretty good win over NC State. Unfortunately we have lost our top play maker, our best offensive lineman, our starting guard and now one of if not our best defensive player. These guys are not easily replaced and you don't just say next guy up and think the next guy up is Deebo Samuel.

Less than 2 seasons ago we lost to the Citadel and finished season at 3-9. Anyone who thinks the roster was loaded with talent is fooling themselves and to get 6 wins last year was nothing short of spectacular. It takes time to build, we are far removed from our 3 year span of winning 11 games a season and anyone who thought we would get there this year or even close knows nothing about football or is looking thru garnet glasses.

Please stop with the we have to fire coaches rhetoric, it is embarrassing and shows how little you know about football or coaching. This staff is getting about as much out of the talent they have as they can get. The kids play hard and fight for 60 minutes but we need another another couple of solid recruiting classes to improve our talent levels.

We are where most experts thought we would be based on our roster and we are probably a little better than some thought. If you think losing the players we've lost the last 2 weeks doesn't hurt a program then you should quit watching because you have zero knowledge about football or coaching.

Some of you must live a miserable life because even when we win you are negative. Remember, the qb that led us back Saturday is a sophomore playing in his 11th game. The wr that made the td catch Saturday is a true freshman, the one that made the incredible catch to set us up for fg is a sophomore. Give them a chance to be coached and develop and quit being so freaking depressing.

Let's start with this, I am a realist, not someone with garnet colored glasses or someone that see's the glass half empty every time something doesn't go exactly our way. That being said:

If you look at the majority of football "experts" their belief was we would be a better team but may not win as many games. Now these people don't have a dog in the fight other than looking at roster and the talent on them, looking at the schedules and providing their insight on how they thought our season would go. Now mind you, most of these people either played on the college or pro level, sometimes both, and others coached on both levels. I know some of you don't believe this, but they know more about football than you.

Now four games in we sit at 3-1 with a pretty good win over NC State. Unfortunately we have lost our top play maker, our best offensive lineman, our starting guard and now one of if not our best defensive player. These guys are not easily replaced and you don't just say next guy up and think the next guy up is Deebo Samuel.

Less than 2 seasons ago we lost to the Citadel and finished season at 3-9. Anyone who thinks the roster was loaded with talent is fooling themselves and to get 6 wins last year was nothing short of spectacular. It takes time to build, we are far removed from our 3 year span of winning 11 games a season and anyone who thought we would get there this year or even close knows nothing about football or is looking thru garnet glasses.

Please stop with the we have to fire coaches rhetoric, it is embarrassing and shows how little you know about football or coaching. This staff is getting about as much out of the talent they have as they can get. The kids play hard and fight for 60 minutes but we need another another couple of solid recruiting classes to improve our talent levels.

We are where most experts thought we would be based on our roster and we are probably a little better than some thought. If you think losing the players we've lost the last 2 weeks doesn't hurt a program then you should quit watching because you have zero knowledge about football or coaching.

Some of you must live a miserable life because even when we win you are negative. Remember, the qb that led us back Saturday is a sophomore playing in his 11th game. The wr that made the td catch Saturday is a true freshman, the one that made the incredible catch to set us up for fg is a sophomore. Give them a chance to be coached and develop and quit being so freaking depressing.
The worst part about all these posters bashing our coaches and players is they sound just like UGA fans over the past 10 years and they are the most un-loyal, over expecting morons in the world.

Reactions: cockyferg

A number of them are undercover Clemson fans. They post threads ment to stir the pot. I think the owners of this site need to either moderate this board more than they do or shut it down. It is up to the paying members to see that one of these two things happen.

Very well put and I agree, but after a few adult beverages and watching us play I usually have a different reaction

Also, a lot of our "fans" came from the recent success and have no idea what being a Gamecock was like before Spurrier. In a lot of these cases, it's easy to bash everyone when we lose. Mind you, I don't think expecting to win is a bad thing or shouldn't be expected in some cases.

Very well put and I agree, but after a few adult beverages and watching us play I usually have a different reaction

Also, a lot of our "fans" came from the recent success and have no idea what being a Gamecock was like before Spurrier. In a lot of these cases, it's easy to bash everyone when we lose. Mind you, I don't think expecting to win is a bad thing or shouldn't be expected in some cases.
Some need to remember other than the 3 11 win seasons we did have our struggles during the SOS era. It wasn't all cookies and cream and the ending was very sour.

Just take a chill pill and let the guys try to rebuild.

Reactions: jawdropper
I think a lot of fans are anxious and nervous because we don't have a coach that has a reputation for building winning programs or being able to turn them around. That's why you're seeing the knee jerk reactions you're seeing. Lou had the reputation of turning around programs wherever he went, Spurrier had the reputation of being a winner and a long resume to back it up. People were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because they could at least point to success they had. Muschamp might can get it done here but he's going to have to prove it and win people over. He won't get the same benefit of the doubt Lou or SOS had and he shouldn't. People are terrified of turning into Florida when he was there and I can't say that I really
blame them.

The worst part about all these posters bashing our coaches and players is they sound just like UGA fans over the past 10 years and they are the most un-loyal, over expecting morons in the world.
They are actually recruiting for other schools

Reactions: Wright73
The angst on this board over what other people post is amusing.

Not that it's " amusing " but more that what poster is saying is spot on ! I would call it more embarrassing what some post than " amusing ". Or childish maybe

We are 3-1, but we were held scoreless by LA Tech for 3 quarters and needed a miracle to win.

Those 2 statements are a paradox. Is this a good team that stunk it up against LA Tech, or a below average team who is fortunate to have a record that makes them look better than they are?

This week should help figure that out.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT