ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest BBall coach arrested

Oh lawd!!! That's 2,nd degree manslaughter!!! He'll do 90 days to six months!!! He better have a good attorney!!!

Oh lawd!!! That's 2,nd degree manslaughter!!! He'll do 90 days to six months!!! He better have a good attorney!!!
I think he may get off on this one. From other articles in which I read, the victim was very drunk and was causing a scene (punched another person) prior to this happening. I'm not going to justify what he did but if some drunk guy comes pounding on my car in NYC, I would feel as if I needed to defend myself and my property.

Sloppy reporting. Lots more to the story. WF coach innocent until proved guilty.

lol spell check won't correct it so I just changed it to leaving.
Again, not defending him but put yourself in that situation. Drunk guy is pounding on your car. You get out of your car to protect your property and punch him. Are you sticking around to see if he has friends that are ready to jump you? I am out of there. He turned himself in which is the right thing to do. Much more to this story.

Only problem from what I have read is NY is not a "Right to defend" state. You are supposed to call the police. So supposedly there are cases where people were being robbed by armed person and the victim took the weapon and turned it against the offender. The victims are now facing jail time.

All the more reason to stay out of the chit hole! Stupid liberal laws protecting perpetrators!

He left the guy there to die - he didn`t have to punch the guy. Guy`s cell phone died and he was trying to find his Uber driver. No defense - should be locked up for a couple of years at least. He didn`t call 911 and wouldn`t have turned himself in if the video hadn`t shown his mug. Pathetic and he needs to pay the price. He didn`t even have to get out of his damn car.

He left the guy there to die - he didn`t have to punch the guy. Guy`s cell phone died and he was trying to find his Uber driver. No defense - should be locked up for a couple of years at least. He didn`t call 911 and wouldn`t have turned himself in if the video hadn`t shown his mug. Pathetic and he needs to pay the price. He didn`t even have to get out of his damn car.
Read some of the other articles. Guy that died was plastered, punched someone earlier and was pounding on cars and out of control. Let it play out.

Yeah, you need to see some more details. It wasn't just a matter of avoiding conflict and the guy that died could have just as easily killed the guy he punched in the face. It's not like he gave him a brutal beating, kicking the guy while down or anything like that. He supposedly was protecting his property, himself and others that were being brutalized by the idiot. The situation really sucks and I think it literally could have happened to any innocent dude with a normal testosterone level. The guy didn't deserve to die but he could have had a blood clot or aneurism already in the process. If the coach had beat the guy to death, totally different story but not just one hit that caused him to fall and bang his head.

Only problem from what I have read is NY is not a "Right to defend" state. You are supposed to call the police. So supposedly there are cases where people were being robbed by armed person and the victim took the weapon and turned it against the offender. The victims are now facing jail time.

All the more reason to stay out of the chit hole! Stupid liberal laws protecting perpetrators!
Where did you hear that you can't defend yourself in NY state? Lived there for 20 years and self-defense was always allowed.

I was reading articles today with comments and someone supposedly an attorney in NY was discussing the problems associated with the situation as related to laws in NY. I don't know if the particular district is different than rest of state but the guy sounded intelligent. I read several articles so I couldn't even tell you where to look. He also said no matter where the govt lands he will likely have years of Civil suits but he eluded to the fact that civil suits were exaggerated in NY due to the laws against self protection.

Now, he could be full of BS and I regurgitated his crap but I am usually pretty good at filtering. I have friends in CT that have spewed similar rhetoric so I assumed that only added validity.

If the coach expends all and beats the criminal charge, then there is the civil side of this, the wrongful death lawsuits, etc. But Duke and UNC would never stoop so low as to use this against Wake in recruiting.

If some unknown drunk guy is hitting my car, I’m driving down the road a bit to safety and calling the police.

I AM NOT getting out of my car to confront an unknown person. That is pure stupidity as this stupid coach has found out.

Again, not defending him but put yourself in that situation. Drunk guy is pounding on your car. You get out of your car to protect your property and punch him. Are you sticking around to see if he has friends that are ready to jump you? I am out of there. He turned himself in which is the right thing to do. Much more to this story.

It's the 'getting out of his car' 'not calling 911' 'failure to simply mash his gas peddle and get the hell outta there' and, oh, yes 'leaving the scene of a dying/dead victim' just those little details, plus, a few more. The coach better 'lawyer-up' - he's not in Winston-Salem anymore.

I'll defend the guy ....The coach will suffer an inconvenience ... That is all ... He defended himself in stopping a drunk from damaging his property... Good for him

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Yeah, you need to see some more details. It wasn't just a matter of avoiding conflict and the guy that died could have just as easily killed the guy he punched in the face. It's not like he gave him a brutal beating, kicking the guy while down or anything like that. He supposedly was protecting his property, himself and others that were being brutalized by the idiot. The situation really sucks and I think it literally could have happened to any innocent dude with a normal testosterone level. The guy didn't deserve to die but he could have had a blood clot or aneurism already in the process. If the coach had beat the guy to death, totally different story but not just one hit that caused him to fall and bang his head.
According to the sloppy news reporting, the drunk guy had thrown punches earlier, or at leas a punch. I feel sorry for the WF Coach. He was not out looking for trouble.

Funny how most of the highest per capita crime states are red. Facts are your friend.

http://www.usa.com/rank/us--crime-index--state-rank.htm

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections/public-safety

Well the guy the now dead guy punched earlier could have fallen and hit HIS head and now be dead also he obviously didn't hit his head on concrete but could have too. The coach wasn't try to kill the man just nail him with a right cross he didn't slam his head into the concrete to kill him. Probation.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Yeah, the states that have the largest illegal immigrant populus that want something done but the liberals are fighting tooth and nail to stop it so they can salvage votes! Yes those red states.

you blame illegal immigration on the high crime rate of a state ...please

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
you blame illegal immigration on the high crime rate of a state ...please
Nope, never said that! Just like I never said anything about crime rates in any of the above posts. Someone made a general statement about red states and I agreed with some details. This is not the place to talk about crime rates or politics as it will hijack a thread. My context was not agreeing with the liberal laws in NY. The laws that will affect this coaches future potentially.

so someone knocking on your car window gives you the right to get out of your car, hit them hard enough to kill them, you leave the scene without calling for medical help, hide out and hope you`re not caught, turn yourself in after you are seen on video - that`s not self-defense to me.

moral of this story, if you're drunk in public, don't go making an ass out of yourself and banging on other people's property... something bad might happen

Reactions: jimnasium
ADVERTISEMENT