ADVERTISEMENT

Walt Deptula

I remember him lambasting the idea of hiring Beamer.

I thought he said Chadwell and Napier would be good choices, but I dont recall exactly.

He seems to be big on Chadwell. He even interviewed him the previous week. Regarding Beamer, the thing he keeps harping on is that no one has entrusted him with a coordinator position, even with his family name.
I just want to say I wish more people on both sides would act as congenial as you have been in the few posts of yours I've read. I know we all want our teams to win, but at the end of the day we're all still regular people who have lives outside of a game on the field or court.

I can only take listening to him in small doses. I listened last Thursday and he was rambling on and on about how Beamer was a bad choice. My clemson friends at work told me this Wednesday that he was still beating that dead horse.

DePaul can be hard to listen too, but is knowledgeable. And usually tells the truth. Even about suspected chinks in Clemson armor which none of their other on air personalities would dare do. I think he is totally correct about Beamer. I think Chadwell would be an excellent choice. Think Napier would be good. To that point, everybody is wishing we could have a shot at the guy from Iowa St. I do too. Good coach. But Napier took his bunch into Ames and beat him. Napier also took his bunch to Conway and got cut by Chadwell. Meanwhile, Beamer gets assistant gigs because his dad had connections and everybody raves that he is a magical recruiter at your Georgia's and Oklahoma's where everybody is a good recruiter

Thank you for making everyone google this guy. Never heard of him but sounds like he is one of the jesters in Dabo’s court.

DePaul can be hard to listen too, but is knowledgeable. And usually tells the truth. Even about suspected chinks in Clemson armor which none of their other on air personalities would dare do. I think he is totally correct about Beamer. I think Chadwell would be an excellent choice. Think Napier would be good. To that point, everybody is wishing we could have a shot at the guy from Iowa St. I do too. Good coach. But Napier took his bunch into Ames and beat him. Napier also took his bunch to Conway and got cut by Chadwell. Meanwhile, Beamer gets assistant gigs because his dad had connections and everybody raves that he is a magical recruiter at your Georgia's and Oklahoma's where everybody is a good recruiter

One small correction in the details: CCU vs Louisiana was in Louisiana, so Chadwell's team won on the road. Truth be told, it was only one VERY close game that could have gone either way. Unless something crazy happens, they will be playing again soon, so that should be fun to watch.

On a loosely related note, how does it make sense that CCU made it to #15, hasn't lost since then, but is now #16? This is the AP ranking.

One small correction in the details: CCU vs Louisiana was in Louisiana, so Chadwell's team won on the road. Truth be told, it was only one VERY close game that could have gone either way. Unless something crazy happens, they will be playing again soon, so that should be fun to watch.

On a loosely related note, how does it make sense that CCU made it to #15, hasn't lost since then, but is now #16? This is the AP ranking.
The CCU vs Liberty game will be a good one to watch. Let's see if Freeze can come up with a way to stop the Chadwell offense.

The CCU vs Liberty game will be a good one to watch. Let's see if Freeze can come up with a way to stop the Chadwell offense.
Definitely! I'm definitely a fan of Chadwell, but I'm actually expecting Liberty to win. I think their offense will just be too much for CCU. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
He seems to be big on Chadwell. He even interviewed him the previous week. Regarding Beamer, the thing he keeps harping on is that no one has entrusted him with a coordinator position, even with his family name.

deptula is a wind bag but he is right

deptula is a wind bag but he is right
I agree with you, but it's the sad reality we face. He is CLEARLY a CU guy, but he also often talks about topics that are unrelated to CU with objectivity and intelligence.

Good point. For some reason I thought they had played in Conway. Then even more impressive to win on the road.

As far as CCU falling, it means nothing. Actually lucky to receive the recognition. They do a great job at CCU, but in reality they aren't a top 25 team.

Reactions: kotr
I agree with you, but it's the sad reality we face. He is CLEARLY a CU guy, but he also often talks about topics that are unrelated to CU with objectivity and intelligence.

During the streak, he was CLEARLY a USC guy though.

I think he's less a homer and more a bandwagoner at least.

I find him annoying because he needs to tell you constantly how right he is, but then I also find him to be right a lot.

Walt is a good guy and the smartest voice in the field. I call in to the show once a week and am amazed of his knowledge of every sport. He's a Clemson homer but will call it as he sees it. He is very vocal against hiring Beamer. I am too.

During the streak, he was CLEARLY a USC guy though.

I think he's less a homer and more a bandwagoner at least.

I find him annoying because he needs to tell you constantly how right he is, but then I also find him to be right a lot.

Honestly, I haven't listened to him in a LONG time, but this was exactly how I felt when I was listening. I was like, "This guy is so annoying! Dang it! He was right again."

He is on Clemson's payroll working for WCCP. What did he think when Clemson hired Dabo the WR coach? If he went on WCCP and criticized that decision, which all know he did not since he still has his dead end job, he might be credible.

There is risk in every hire. We have hired 3 football National Championship coaches and only 1 became the all time winningest coach and the other won the 1st ACC Championship because he turned us in and had us vacate the 1965 ACC Championship.

The secret to building a successful program is a concept that Dabo tapped into and still implements today. It is the ALL IN concept and players, coaches, fans, and the media have to believe in it when the new era begins. Their is no doubt once the decision is made. We have to find our coach and help make him a winner.

There is no Steve Spurrier available in 2020 that wants to come to SC and beat Georgia.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Walt is a good guy and the smartest voice in the field. I call in to the show once a week and am amazed of his knowledge of every sport. He's a Clemson homer but will call it as he sees it. He is very vocal against hiring Beamer. I am too.
Is that you joe?

Walt knows a lot more about college football than Ray Tanner. If you doubt that listen to his show for a week or two. He isnt always easy to take, but the man knows college football.

Reactions: boykinlp
He is knowledgable on many topics but Clemson radio homers are paid to never criticize Clemson and always criticize us. I remember Clemson was always the better team even when we were beating them 5 years in a row with the Ole Ball Sack which is what they referred to Steve Spurrier during our dominance of them.

None of them know anything about the coaches we are reviewing. They are only looking for an angle to criticize anyone we select. That is one of their job requirements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT