ADVERTISEMENT

Walt DePula. Lock pick of night. - what a loser

section907

Sep 16, 2000
he picked the under and went on for 20 min how it was a lock of the year. Said it would be a 3-0 game. Blah blah blah. I can give a rats ass but had a friend lose a bet tonight taking his advise. I told him I’d never take waltz bets. I was glad to see walt lose his lock pick.

This week he said okl is going to kill bama . Went on for ten minutes saying bama didn’t have a chance. Then turned around and said if a diff Tua showed up or a diff so and so showed then Bama could win.

No shit Sherlock What a loser. No matter who wins he plays his lil clip of when he picked the winner. Wccp is perfect for taters

I’m not sure what the over and under points were but Walt needs to leave the picking to the professionals.

Valuable lesson for your friend. Never...Ever ..pick games based on a sports talk show. They all think they know more than everyone else (that’s why they love talking). In reality if they really knew what they were talking about they would be living off of Vegas. They are like politicians. Goood at talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Radio guys are terrible mostly! Then they get to give their reasons like QB went out first qtr but at end of year they have a 42%-58% Winn/loss and they are happy. That is without the spread! Make claims that Michigan will be national champs but don't make playoffs but still profess how great they are!!

Use Vegas predictions, not local Yahoo's!!! And if you are pissed because a friend used a Yahoo then you are questionable!!! My guess is you bet based on Walt but sounds better to blame a friend?

Pay for a real gambling site instead of bitching about local radio!

Reactions: Gradstudent
The goal of a radio guy is not to be right about a sporting event or to beat Vegas.
The goal of a radio guy is to give takes that will create a reaction and keep people listening while being informed. They need to understand their audience and know what kinds of topics will create that reaction. Giving an unpopular pick about the SEC for instance would do that . If in Columbia you give a take about the English Soccer leagues, that reaction will be people tuning in to other outlets. Sounds to me like Walt hit an emotional topic that his audience would react to

If you are relying on a radio host's predictions for your personal income don't. The host often times will say things they don't truly believe just to get you talking.

I have never heard Walt, but it sounds like he accomplished getting someone talking a out him as he is host on a Clemson station and has shown up on a Gamecock Board

Stream WJOX out of Birmingham if you want good sports talk about the SEC. They have the round table and 3 man front for 6 hours weekdays and lately have covered the Gamecocks a good bit.

Also do some picks, have a blue plate special that wins most of time in football.

If i was betting, I would only make one bet every week, on the Home team to cover every time on the NFL Thursday night game.

It makes logical sense, short week to prepare with travel puts the road team at a disadvantage that has not been adjusted for by the line.

Its like a high 60 per cent bet over time.

Stream WJOX out of Birmingham if you want good sports talk about the SEC. They have the round table and 3 man front for 6 hours weekdays and lately have covered the Gamecocks a good bit.

Also do some picks, have a blue plate special that wins most of time in football.

WJOX is good, also Bill King on WNSR in Nashville is fantastic

TBF, I agree with him that Murray is going to have some success against Bama. Don't think he'll shred them but he'll get his yards in the air... unless he tries to run... then Bama might kill him.

If you have college football withdrawals and Spectrum as your cabel provider you can pull FS1 on demand college football games from the season. One of the games is Kansas State at Oklahoma.....That is some offense Oklahoma has and Murray is small but can throw the rock with plenty of zip.

he picked the under and went on for 20 min how it was a lock of the year. Said it would be a 3-0 game. Blah blah blah. I can give a rats ass but had a friend lose a bet tonight taking his advise. I told him I’d never take waltz bets. I was glad to see walt lose his lock pick.

This week he said okl is going to kill bama . Went on for ten minutes saying bama didn’t have a chance. Then turned around and said if a diff Tua showed up or a diff so and so showed then Bama could win.

No shit Sherlock What a loser. No matter who wins he plays his lil clip of when he picked the winner. Wccp is perfect for taters

I’m not sure what the over and under points were but Walt needs to leave the picking to the professionals.
Damn, thats unusual. Walt is the worlds best at picking against the spread.
QNLP.gif

Reactions: section907
Walt Deptula is the worst talk show host I have ever heard.

You've never heard Seth Harp then. That transplanted Michiganer ruined the ESPN channel here around Savannah some years back. No clue where he went now, but the guy was the biggest no-talent blowhard egomaniac this side of Jim Rome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT