ADVERTISEMENT

War on Hydroxychloroquine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t underestimate posters simply because they post on this board.

I’m not underestimating anyone. I’m specifically saying you aren’t as qualified or respected on the subject as Dr Fauci. Is that clear enough? Sorry.

You really believe Trump makes $500 investments?
He has an investment between $1,000 and $15,000 in a Dodge and Cox fund that has Sanofi as part of its portfolio of investments so yes in that regard Trump did make somewhere between a less than $100 to $500 investment. Happy to clear that up.

Believe we also had a guy that said we'd be at nearly zero cases soon too. Can't recall his name right now but I'm sure it'll come to me soon. I believe Larry "we've got this thing nearly airtight" Kudlow works for him.

Extremely rare. It is a drug used safely for decades by literally tens of millions of people.
Watch out Texas. He will find that one person out of 1000 that said it caused heart attacks. He will justify it by posting the Twitter message from that one person.

Reactions: SorryPeasants
I’m not underestimating anyone. I’m specifically saying you aren’t as qualified or respected on the subject as Dr Fauci. Is that clear enough? Sorry.

In terms of statistical analysis I am and maybe more. One of my doctoral concentrations included econometrics. This is my friend is ‘baby stuff”. So don’t show your ignorance here.

hoTPkSei.jpeg

In terms of statistical analysis I am and maybe more. One of my doctoral concentrations included econometrics. This is my friend is ‘baby stuff”. So don’t show your ignorance here.
You could do the country a giant service by straightening this thing out asap. Try contacting your congressman & see if maybe he could set you up a meeting where you can lay this all out to the people that matter. Should be pretty straight forward at least until the pesky part of the equation that might require in-depth knowledge of infectious diseases comes along. Then just ask for help or use google.
I fully support your efforts. Now get out there & make us proud

Last edited:
“She was just in horrible shape for 12 days, 14 days," Trump said. "She thought she was dead." The president said she implored her husband to obtain hydroxychloroquine, and the husband did so.

"Four hours later, she awoke and she said, I feel better," Trump recalled. "And then, shortly thereafter, she felt great."

"The way she spoke," Trump said, "it was like a miracle.”

Let's start with the story: Trump says the woman had been ill for "12 days, 14 days." According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the median length of hospitalization among survivors is 10 to 13 days.

That means the woman was at a point in the disease where most people — even people sick enough to be hospitalized — get better. In other words, the woman Trump described might have gotten better without any drug. It's impossible to say without controlled clinical trials.

Quoting a woman who claimed her recovery was like a miracle is not Trump calling it a miracle drug.

You could do the country a giant service by straightening this thing out asap. Try contacting your congressman & see if maybe he could set you up a meeting where you can lay this all out to the people that matter. Should be pretty straight forward at least until the pesky part of the equation that might require in-depth knowledge of infectious diseases comes along. Then just ask for help or use google.

Oh dear! This is a statistical analysis. It does not matter what the underlying issue is. Many mathematical modelers look at different issues - pandemics. earthquakes, queuing for certain goods, death rates due to pollution, so much more.

The IHME modelers are theorizing based on data from Italy, Spain. China etc. They draw confidence intervals based on these inputs and the conditions in the States. I doubt they need to know about infectious diseases per se, but work in collaboration with the folks in that area.

The basic question remains - why the fight against Trump in this instancevand the HCL? Why? Politics? Are you against administering HCL too?

Last edited:
If trigger words bother you, you would be pulling your hair out when you listen to trump. But my guess would be probably not. Something tells me you're perfectly fine with his trigger words.
When he hits the trifecta he's just getting started

Trump loves trigger words. He intentionally antagonizes his political opponents, like calling the Massachusetts senator Pocahontas. Those are political spats. If you are trying to make a serious point that isn't a political debate, you don't use trigger words. I have no problem with trigger words, just acknowledge when you are using them you are making a political speech for your preferred candidates, not neutrally trying to provide actual information.

Oh dear! This is a statistical analysis. It does not matter what the underlying issue is. Many mathematical modelers look at different issues - pandemics. earthquakes, queuing for certain goods, death rates due to pollution, so much more.

The IHME modelers are theorizing based on data from Italy, Spain. China etc. They draw confidence intervals based on these inputs and the conditions in the States. I doubt they need to know about infectious diseases per se, but work in collaboration with the folks in that area.

The basic question remains - why the fight against Trump in this instancevand the HCL? Why? Politics? Are you against administering HCL too?

I'm not against or for administering any medication. I simply have no qualifications to make those type decisions. I rely on doctors that, you know, have actual backgrounds in the medical field to tell me what medicine I need. Weird huh. Now get that meeting set up, tell them what they're doing wrong and fix it. Your time is too valuable to waste on a message board.

Last edited:
Reactions: howard13
I'm not against or for administering any medication. I simply have no qualifications to make those type decisions. I rely on doctors that, you know, have actual backgrounds in the medical field to tell me what medicine I need. Weird huh. Now get that meeting set up, tell them what they're doing wrong and fix it. Your time is too valuable to waste on a message board.

At least you are admit your limitations - get your information from CNN? So you think Trump should not talk about HCL?

Want to take the Fauci line? Shut the economy for the next several months? Tank the economy? This is Fauci, the great infectious expert, who said there is minimal danger to the US in February!!

Last edited:
Just shows you how sick the left is. What one of them comes up with, they all start saying the same thing, no matter how ridiculous it is, as along as it`s anti-Trump. Fox just had 2 doctors on saying how effective it has been in their Covid patients. They bash Trump for endorsing something that might just save somebody`s life, when most of them have no medical expertise whatsover. The drug has been around for 60 yrs. - it`s safe. It has been effective in a lot of cases. If you had Covid and it was offered to you, you know damn well you would take it. And so would all of those idiots on CNN and MSNBC, If you want the truth, watch Fox.

Just shows you how sick the left is. What one of them comes up with, they all start saying the same thing, no matter how ridiculous it is, as along as it`s anti-Trump. Fox just had 2 doctors on saying how effective it has been in their Covid patients. They bash Trump for endorsing something that might just save somebody`s life, when most of them have no medical expertise whatsover. The drug has been around for 60 yrs. - it`s safe. It has been effective in a lot of cases. If you had Covid and it was offered to you, you know damn well you would take it. And so would all of those idiots on CNN and MSNBC, If you want the truth, watch Fox.

Holy crap. This is the guy trump brings on stage at the pep rallies
Idiots or Liars, you decide

I have hydroxy and the whole regimen in my med cabinet and I will be taking it at the first symptom.

At least you are admit your limitations - get your information from CNN? So you think Trump should not talk about HCL?

Want to take the Fauci line? Shut the economy for the next several months? Tank the economy? This is Fauci, the great infectious expert, who said there is minimal danger to the US in February!!

Damn right I know my limitations. I know absolutely nothing about this medication nor do I have an opinion on who should or should not take it. So I have no earthly idea where all your bs questions about Trump & HCL, Fauci a & CNN are coming from. Were I a patient I would follow the advice I got from my doctor. If I didn't trust my doctor then I'd try to get another doctor. You seem to be having great difficulty grasping this. So Ill try again, I HAVE NO OPINION ON THE DRUG OR WHO SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT TAKE IT. If you want to take this drug with or without a dr prescribing it, knock yourself out. That's up to you

I live in reality, unlike you, who has this bizarre notion that you somehow know more about this subject than the foremost experts in the world. That doesn't mean they"re always going to be right but I damn sure will go with them over some random poster on GCC who nobody in the field of infectious studies has likely ever heard of. You've got some serious delusion going on.

Call out Fauci all you want, he's fair game. But here's an inconvenient fact, in late Feb when the experts were saying this thing had a very real potential to get bad,Trump said we had it contained, and we would be at nearly zero cases soon. Then bragged again on March 6th about the tremendous job they were doing keeping the numbers down. Since then we've had 468,574 more cases & 16,668 more deaths.

Last edited:
Holy crap. This is the guy trump brings on stage at the pep rallies
Idiots or Liars, you decide

That's what you are upset about? A misquote?

In reality, Obama absolutely was calling insurance company execs bad people if you cut through his typical liberal bullshit double-talk.

You don't say that someone is trying to make more money for themselves by making you pay more for something you critically need while they drop the quality of care and might even try to cut you loose completely when you get sick after paying for it for years.

That's what you are upset about? A misquote?

In reality, Obama absolutely was calling insurance company execs bad people if you cut through his typical liberal bullshit double-talk.

You don't say that someone is trying to make more money for themselves by making you pay more for something you critically need while they drop the quality of care and might even try to cut you loose completely when you get sick after paying for it for years.

The guy literally said that what the execs were doing didn't make them bad people. The really sad part was the other goober, instead of saying "sean that's not what he said" just went along with the lie. He's knows the drill.

Reactions: Rollerdude123

You could have 47 doctoral concentrations under your belt with the letters PHD tattooed on your forehead, but it changes NOTHING with respect to how you are seen in the public health world compared to a Dr Fauci. Sorry to burst your bubble.

It’s funny how many PhDs we have on the gamecock message board. It’s a Christmas miracle.

it’s also funny how many PhDs think their credential makes them as widely respected as someone else when they clearly aren’t.

Call out Fauci all you want, he's fair game. But here's an inconvenient fact, in late Feb when the experts were saying this thing had a very real potential to get bad,Trump said we had it contained, and we would be at nearly zero cases soon. Then bragged again on March 6th about the tremendous job they were doing keeping the numbers down. Since then we've had 468,574 more cases & 16,668 more deaths.

The exact same folks that call out a dr fauci statement skip right over Trump’s bragging about how we have it all under control when he knew clearly we didn’t. They skip right over members of his administration like Larry Kudlow lying about what was going to happen when they knew better. We know now as early as November the highest folks in Trump’s own intelligence agency were briefing him that this was coming and it was potentially going to be really bad.

It’s the same old recipe. Trump says something stupid or ignorant, his cheerleaders defend it and give him every benefit of the doubt no matter how unreasonable. When Trump doubles down on the comment or refuses to admit he was incorrect, they praise him

Those exact same cheerleaders pounce on anything anyone else says, even if they say it once and later admit they were wrong.

It’s a cult.

Thanks, I never knew that.

I didn’t either until recently but I have a predisposition to irregular heartbeats so when I hear of any medicine or drug that makes those worse, my attention focuses quickly,

and since I do have that issue, I’m much more in tune with just how many people have the same issue as they get older, especially 50 and older.

as I’ve said, I am for using the drug for compassionate use and if someone’s doctor recommends it to save them. I don’t know anyone that disagrees with that despite all the shrill on this board, Fox News, and right wing talk radio.

but I also can read and know that what needs to done is proper testing before politicians start running their mouths acting as if it’s some cure because millions of people misinterpret that when someone like a president talks about it.

Reactions: howard13
It’s funny how many PhDs we have on the gamecock message board. It’s a Christmas miracle.

it’s also funny how many PhDs think their credential makes them as widely respected as someone else when they clearly aren’t.
Dr. Gupta is a highly credentialed very respected PhD. Unfortunately he can't read an X-ray. Yes...... There are people smarter and more respected than Dr. Fauci when it comes to statistics and modeling

You could have 47 doctoral concentrations under your belt with the letters PHD tattooed on your forehead, but it changes NOTHING with respect to how you are seen in the public health world compared to a Dr Fauci. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So you back Fauci because he is less supportive of HCL. Fauci is an administrator. There are many more infectious disease doctors who are way better than him and support HCL. Your view is very consistent with a left bias. Watch CNN?

Damn right I know my limitations. I know absolutely nothing about this medication nor do I have an opinion on who should or should not take it. So I have no earthly idea where all your bs questions about Trump & HCL, Fauci a & CNN are coming from. Were I a patient I would follow the advice I got from my doctor. If I didn't trust my doctor then I'd try to get another doctor. You seem to be having great difficulty grasping this. So Ill try again, I HAVE NO OPINION ON THE DRUG OR WHO SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT TAKE IT. If you want to take this drug with or without a dr prescribing it, knock yourself out. That's up to you

I live in reality, unlike you, who has this bizarre notion that you somehow know more about this subject than the foremost experts in the world. That doesn't mean they"re always going to be right but I damn sure will go with them over some random poster on GCC who nobody in the field of infectious studies has likely ever heard of. You've got some serious delusion going on.

Really? Trump said something in February that bothers you? Why is it that what Fauci said in February not bother you? Why is it that what Pelosi said in Early March encouraging people to go to Chinatown in San Francisco and celebrate not bother you? Why is it that what De Blasio said in February, minimizing the effects of the virus not bother you? Bias!!

I think I'm going to go with the No. 1 ranked expert in the world on communicable disease, Didier Raoult. His latest study of 1061 patients finding: "The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis,is a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5% in older patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagiosity in most cases."

http://expertscape.com/ex/communicable+diseases

I think I'm going to go with the No. 1 ranked expert in the world on communicable disease, Didier Raoult. His latest study of 1061 patients finding: "The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis,is a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19, with a mortality rate of 0.5% in older patients. It avoids worsening and clears virus persistence and contagiosity in most cases."

There is sanity on this Board. He is highly respected and is a practicing physician and researcher. Well said!

Reactions: cadcock
Dr. Gupta is a highly credentialed very respected PhD. Unfortunately he can't read an X-ray. Yes...... There are people smarter and more respected than Dr. Fauci when it comes to statistics and modeling

he’s an MD, not a PhD. He is a neurosurgeon who stated on the air that he was not diagnosing Chris Cuomo and that he could tell he didn’t have pneumonia, he also said the X-ray looked “pretty good.”

no doubt he wasn’t qualified to read the X-ray, but at least he admitted he wasn’t diagnosing or recommending anything - which is more than some of the PhDs on this board will do.

I am sure there are people smarter than Dr Fauci. That’s a non sequitur. They are very few more respected than him with respect to infectious diseases and there are certainly none on this board more respected than him and the team of epidemiologists at his disposal.

So you back Fauci because he is less supportive of HCL. Fauci is an administrator. There are many more infectious disease doctors who are way better than him and support HCL. Your view is very consistent with a left bias. Watch CNN?

I don’t “back Fauci.” I back his statements about the drug which is the position of the CDC and other experts of his caliber over your opinion and the opinion of posters on Gamecock central. Sorry.

Someone here pointing to small studies overseas or some doctor that appeared on Fox News isn’t evidence. It never has been evidence and it’s never going to be evidence. Proper testing will prove it one way or another.

“Many U.S. hospitals are currently using hydroxychloroquine as first-line therapy for hospitalized patients with COVID-19 despite extremely limited clinical data supporting its effectiveness,” said Wesley Self, M.D., M.P.H., emergency medicine physician at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and PETAL Clinical Trials Network investigator leading the ORCHID trial. “Thus, data on hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19 are urgently needed to inform clinical practice.”

First trials have begun https://www.nih.gov/news-events/new...chloroquine-potential-therapy-covid-19-begins

NIH also recently launched a trial to study Remdesivir as a possible treatment for COVID-19. That clinical trial is sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) [NCT04280705]. These two trials will provide data on the effectiveness and safety of each agent versus placebo in the urgent race to find effective therapies for treating COVID-19.

ranked? Who ranks them? rivals? You can stick with it if you like but the study is flawed.

Did you know the paper that appears to have triggered the Trump administration's obsession with hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for infection with the novel coronavirus has received a statement of concern from the society that publishes the journal in which the work appeared? https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928336

h
ere it is -According to a statement issued April 3 by the International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (ISAC), the vanguard study cited by Trump and others in their endorsement of hydroxychloroquine “does not meet the Society’s expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.”
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...concerned-over-hydroxychloroquine-study-67405

So argue with them, not me.

I’ve already posted an article explaining the problems with that study and the reasons why other medical experts want proper testing. I’ll post it again.

This article describes why that study was so flawed https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/hydroxychloroquine-trump-coronavirus-drug

here are the specific reasons why that study was flawed and misreported on Fox News and talk radio

The treatment group and the control group were drawn from separate populations: the treatment group were all patients at the institution where the researchers worked, the Méditerranée Infection University Hospital Institute in Marseille, while the control patients came from other hospitals in the south of France.

The treatment group (mean age 51.2) was significantly older than the control group (mean age 37.3), introducing another variable that could undermine the meaning of the results. The study was “open label”, meaning the physicians and patients knew which treatment they were receiving. The French researchers also treated some but not all of the treatment group patients with azithromycin, a common antibiotic, another complicating factor that was not randomized.

But even more important than these shortcomings in the design of the study is how the researchers chose to measure and report their results. Forty-two patients were initially included in the study. Three were transferred to the intensive care unit; one died, one left the hospital, and one stopped taking the treatment due to nausea. The other 36 eventually recovered, and those who received the drug cleared the virus from the system faster than those who did not.

If you had only heard about this study from the Fox News assertion of a “100% cure rate”, you might assume that the four patients with poor clinical outcomes (the three ICU visits and one death) had been unlucky enough to be in the group that did not receive the “cure”.

And yet, those four patients, as well as the patient with nausea and the one who left the hospital early, were all part of the treatment group. They were excluded from the topline results of the study because of the way that the researchers chose to measure and report the results: strictly based on the measurable presence of viruses in nasal swabs taken each day of the study. Since the patients were in the ICU or dead, their samples could not be taken and they were left out of the final analysis. Based on the nasal swabs of just the 36 patients who completed the study, those who received the drug cleared the virus from their systems faster than those who did not.

im not a leftie on everything but your comment is a non sequitur. it’s now a “Trump cure?” Odd phrase.

if I’m am on my death bed and don’t want to die, I’d try tree bark mushroom surprise if it might help.

but that doesn’t mean my doctors or the medical community should give it to me as a credible cure. That’s the issue.

So you are willing to take HCL on your death bed, but you keep saying it is unproven. Hypocritical?

I say, Unproven, yes in the conventional sense. Fauci is a highly respected infection disease expert, highly cited etc. there are others as good as he is or better willing to give HCL a chance, understanding that there is a lack of time to run your regular controls. Is your militancy against the drug related to the fact that Trump put it out there?

Looks like the evidence that is being gathered backs Trump’s observation about HCL.

On the other hand, if this crisis can be kept going and the Lefties are able to talk down the drug all the way to November that might give Biden the lift he needs. Also a boon to the lefties is that the economy can be tanked in the process. You counting on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT