ADVERTISEMENT

Was watching that Arkansas game yesterday. Bud Walton can be a crazy place to play in.

CLA is very similar in size and structure. MBB keeps winning the CLA can be very loud! Typical of FM he eventually finds his team, or molds them into a good squad, but early season bad losses jerobus out of post season. Playing pretty good ball now, which again, is pretty typical of FM at USC.

Reactions: paleoorthocock
The impressive thing is the crowds they draw versus the geographic location of the school. I think they might have the best fanbase in the league that isn't Kentucky.

Northwest Arkansas is a really big area in population. Fayetteville has a bigger population than Greenville alone and nearby Bentonville and Rogers arent far behind.

Arkansas has won a NC and made it to many final 4s. Their fans have had much more to cheer about than Carolina.

Northwest Arkansas is a really big area in population. Fayetteville has a bigger population than Greenville alone and nearby Bentonville and Rogers arent far behind.

Arkansas has won a NC and made it to many final 4s. Their fans have had much more to cheer about than Carolina.

Bentonville is the corporate home of Wal Mart, and their buying offices are located there. It has been a booming area for years, with a very favorable rating for schools, quality of life, etc.

The University of Arkansas has both Wal Mart and Tyson Chicken $Millions in donations and athletic facility improvements.

Bentonville is the corporate home of Wal Mart, and their buying offices are located there. It has been a booming area for years, with a very favorable rating for schools, quality of life, etc.

The University of Arkansas has both Wal Mart and Tyson Chicken $Millions in donations and athletic facility improvements.

Right and JB Hunt and Jerry Jones too

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
CLA is very similar in size and structure. MBB keeps winning the CLA can be very loud! Typical of FM he eventually finds his team, or molds them into a good squad, but early season bad losses jerobus out of post season. Playing pretty good ball now, which again, is pretty typical of FM at USC.
Thats because the CLA is modeled off of it. I've been there to see us play but we were both bad back then and the crowd wasn't great. I love the area though. Its beautiful.

Thats because the CLA is modeled off of it. I've been there to see us play but we were both bad back then and the crowd wasn't great. I love the area though. Its beautiful.

I used to be in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry in grocery wholesale marketing. I had a few friends that ventured out to Bentonville to 'call on' Wal Mart. The pressure associated with hose jobs was tremendous. Wal Mart constituted such a high percentage of most CPG companies that missing one promotion, or deal in a year could cost quotas to be missed. That in turn could cost thousands to miss bonuses.

Out of the three guys I knew that made it to Wal Mart Corporate for sales positions, one had to go to rehab for alcohol abuse, and the other two lasted about two years. The pressure, and being 'under a microscope' was just too much to endure for an extended amount of time.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

I defer on the population. You are correct. Many Final Fours? Really?

Arkansas final 4 appearances: 1941, 1945, 1978, 1990, 1994, 1995
I've got to side with @king ward on this one. I'm seeing 33 years between a set of appearances, 22 between another one and 25+ between the last few.

It does tie them for 10th all time with 6 other schools though, so maybe you have a point.

Reactions: king ward
I've got to side with @king ward on this one. I'm seeing 33 years between a set of appearances, 22 between another one and 25+ between the last few.

It does tie them for 10th all time with 6 other schools though, so maybe you have a point.

I’m actually not even trying to make a point one way or the other. Somebody else mentioned their Final 4 appearances and it just got me curious. Just put the dates here FYI.

Reactions: nlstanford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT