ADVERTISEMENT

Watch us hire Bobo for OC

Anyone who has high expectations of a game changing OC hire simply hasn't been paying attention.
Not really high expectations as much as high hopes. Champ, by the the grace of God, has been given one more chance to get his OC right. He needs to use his sales skills (that have managed to land him his wife, land him decent recruits and land him a totally undeserved salary and buyout) to sell the university on spending millions to hire the best OC possible. He should even agree to restructure his contract to do so, or pay part of an OC's salary from his (Champs) salary like Dabo has done in the past. He has exactly zero lives left.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
More UGA reject coaches.
giphy.gif

He did well at UGA as OC. Developed their QBs well. Damaged goods now though.

No no no, he has experience but no pro style bullshit....we don't have the oline for that, hell even bama has incorporated spread principles....the days of lining up and just running people over is done with . UGA is the last big time program still trying to do it.

What experienced and successful OC would
come to Columbia for a head coach that everyone agrees is on the hot seat? Who would give up success for an established team to come here. Those guys are all in line for head coaching jobs. Who is a realistic "home run" hire? I keep seeing that we need a big time OC. Well....who?

UGA will probably go after (and get) Bobo. They hate their OC, but can’t do anything right now obviously.

I think Bobo had a good run at UGA. Of course, he had Matt Stafford, David Greene, and Aaron Murray to work with. I think a lot of UGA fans would welcome him back as OC.
Probably so. Y'all had some key injuries on offense this year, but the product always looked sluggish in many games. Ga. Tech was no test.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Are we thinking Muschamp has full rein on picking the new OC? I thought other powers that be would have final say or at least input on the new OC.

Shoot, J. Egerton Burroughs has already hand picked the next OC. It’s the coach for the Minors team his grandson plays on. They’re 6-0 this year.

Reactions: GeoCocky
More UGA reject coaches.

If anyone watched the Wyoming vs CSU game a couple of weeks ago they would full well understand why we don't want Bobo. He went for a 1st down when it was 4th and 2 early in the 3rd quarter when the ball was just over the 50 yard line. Even the commentators mentioned what an unwise move that was. Then later in the game he went for a long field goal when he should have went for the 1st down. Again, the commentators mentioned what an unwise move it was to do such at that time in the game.

No matter who you get you do not know how it will turn out....so why does everyone say I dont want him or another guy.....if you get better players it will work out Mcclendon could be OC at clemson and they would still win.

Reactions: NetworkX
I think Bobo had a good run at UGA. Of course, he had Matt Stafford, David Greene, and Aaron Murray to work with. I think a lot of UGA fans would welcome him back as OC.

He had a good track record with talented QBs. We have one on the roster and another on the way. I know it would be a bad look to some for Champ to hire another UGA buddy, but it could be a good move.

Defense was mainly his problem at CSU. They were 24th nationally in yards/game and 69th in ppg. We checked in at 108th and 121st respectively.

Reactions: gamecockblack
He had a good track record with talented QBs. We have one on the roster and another on the way. I know it would be a bad look to some for Champ to hire another UGA buddy, but it could be a good move.

Defense was mainly his problem at CSU. They were 24th nationally in yards/game and 69th in ppg. We checked in at 108th and 121st respectively.
People need to lighten up on the notion Muschamp shouldn't hire another UGA guy because he's a UGA guy. Thomas Brown, UGA guy, was Muschamp's best hire. The guy was great at UGA and Wisconsin. I wish he were on the Georgia staff. McClendon may turn out to be a great OC. Problem for him is that Muschamp game him that gig after (literally) one and a half good quarters vs. Michigan. There was no track record or indication McClendon was ready for a job of that magnitude.

People need to lighten up on the notion Muschamp shouldn't hire another UGA guy because he's a UGA guy. Thomas Brown, UGA guy, was Muschamp's best hire. The guy was great at UGA and Wisconsin. I wish he were on the Georgia staff. McClendon may turn out to be a great OC. Problem for him is that Muschamp game him that gig after (literally) one and a half good quarters vs. Michigan. There was no track record or indication McClendon was ready for a job of that magnitude.

He may end up being the best option...if he's let go from CSU. He'll be looking for somewhere to rehab his career and we could give him that opportunity. We won't be an attractive landing spot for any hot commodities in the OC market b/c of Champ's scalding hot seat status going into next year. We'll either have to take an unknown or someone like a Bobo or Morris who will be looking to get their careers back on track.

You can't really quibble with Bobo's offensive credentials.

No matter who you get you do not know how it will turn out....so why does everyone say I dont want him or another guy.....if you get better players it will work out Mcclendon could be OC at clemson and they would still win.
Honestly , ,I think BMac would mess up Clemson's offense to a noticeable extent. I get your point, but no, just no.

Reactions: The Cool Cock
He is more likely to hire someone that he knows or is familiar with on a personal level. What I am seeing though is that Champ is just not as well connected as his years and experience in this profession would suggest.

Anyone who has high expectations of a game changing OC hire simply hasn't been paying attention.
Agreed. As I posted on another thread, USC would be fortunate to get Mike Bobo. Who is wants to jump on a sinking ship? He makes 1.8 million at Colorado State. Does anyone really think he’ll take a pay cut to join a staff that won’t exist in a year or two?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT