ADVERTISEMENT

Waterfalls in new stadium at Ark St.

They may have a wealthy alumnus that pays for nice things. We're getting a new football facility without bells and whistles.

They could put Lake Norman in there and it won't help them win football games. But if things get bad at the game you can always hit the water slides.

They may have a wealthy alumnus that pays for nice things. We're getting a new football facility without bells and whistles.

Why are we not getting the bells and whistles? Surely our administration knows we need these things to even have a chance to compete with that school in the upstate. Don't they? I'm serious, why no bells and whistles? We clearly will be left in the dust.

Kind of curious how a mid major like Arkansas St can install features that you would think could only happen to a big time program flushed with cash.
But if they can pull it off, more power to them

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...l-stadium-waterfalls-end-zone-centennial-bank

Here's a little known fact about Paleoorthocock: my daughter is a Sophomore at Arkansas State and, after the Gamecocks, I pull for the Red Wolves. (Honestly, I don't really care about the Red Wolves, but, you know...) It's a nice smaller stadium and they're doing a good job of creating atmosphere up there in Jonesboro. I'll be attending a game or two up there this Fall.

I'm sure most of you guys know this, but the Hogs will not play in-state schools like Arkansas St. or the University of Central Arkansas. I do not respect that. The Arkansas fans I talk to about it seem fairly divided on it.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Why are we not getting the bells and whistles? Surely our administration knows we need these things to even have a chance to compete with that school in the upstate. Don't they? I'm serious, why no bells and whistles? We clearly will be left in the dust.
Clearly...

Here's a little known fact about Paleoorthocock: my daughter is a Sophomore at Arkansas State and, after the Gamecocks, I pull for the Red Wolves. (Honestly, I don't really care about the Red Wolves, but, you know...) It's a nice smaller stadium and they're doing a good job of creating atmosphere up there in Jonesboro. I'll be attending a game or two up there this Fall.

I'm sure most of you guys know this, but the Hogs will not play in-state schools like Arkansas St. or the University of Central Arkansas. I do not respect that. The Arkansas fans I talk to about it seem fairly divided on it.

I despise the Pigs for that stance, and have posted such on FGF several times. They will not schedule any in-state schools in any sport. If they were not fellow conference members, I would refuse to schedule them in anything until they dropped that policy.

University of Kentucky used to have that policy, but fortunately, they junked it.

Kind of curious how a mid major like Arkansas St can install features that you would think could only happen to a big time program flushed with cash.
But if they can pull it off, more power to them

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...l-stadium-waterfalls-end-zone-centennial-bank
So many upgrades and improvements could be made to our stadium. Great ballpark but could be made so so much better. Wish I could stroke a check for about 5mil. I'd tell Tanner if you want my money you are going to do as I say.

Because it doesn't fit our "blue collar" mantra.
Just my guess.

I despise the Pigs for that stance, and have posted such on FGF several times. They will not schedule any in-state schools in any sport. If they were not fellow conference members, I would refuse to schedule them in anything until they dropped that policy.

University of Kentucky used to have that policy, but fortunately, they junked it.

Does anyone know why Arkansas has this policy ?

To me it's not like they are some kind of elite program. Yes I know back in the days of Frank Broyles in the late 60's and 70's, but that is over 40 years ago. No one I know goes around saying I'm sure glad we don't have to play Arkansas this year, they're a beast.

If anything, if a P5 is going to play a mid-major or a FCS school it's just seems better to make it a instate school. Just my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: atl-cock
Our stadium needs sprucing up, badly. I don't mean waterfalls, either, or even expansion. I know that other things had to come first, but we're reaching the point now where it's expedient to bring our football stadium into the 21st Century - all of it, not just one side or one end of it.

Having the waterfalls and other decorative landscaping features makes it distinctive to other stadiums. Plus its way more attractive than a bunch of empty seats. Fans will say "doesn't that look cool?" rather than "man, why can't we fill our stadium, we have all these empty seats". And, if the time comes to add more seats, its probably not a big deal to remove. Plus, it gives it a major league type feel. Doesn't one MLB park have a giant slide in the outfield? I think its a really good concept, especially for smaller schools that don't fill stadiums.

We are cheap :/

Having the waterfalls and other decorative landscaping features makes it distinctive to other stadiums. Plus its way more attractive than a bunch of empty seats. Fans will say "doesn't that look cool?" rather than "man, why can't we fill our stadium, we have all these empty seats". And, if the time comes to add more seats, its probably not a big deal to remove. Plus, it gives it a major league type feel. Doesn't one MLB park have a giant slide in the outfield? I think its a really good concept, especially for smaller schools that don't fill stadiums.

You can always go to blue turf like Boise State or red turf like Eastern Washington.

Us having a no in state policy would've saved me a lot of grief two years ago, still have nightmares about that November day.

Reactions: king ward
Does anyone know why Arkansas has this policy ?

To me it's not like they are some kind of elite program. Yes I know back in the days of Frank Broyles in the late 60's and 70's, but that is over 40 years ago. No one I know goes around saying I'm sure glad we don't have to play Arkansas this year, they're a beast.

If anything, if a P5 is going to play a mid-major or a FCS school it's just seems better to make it a instate school. Just my opinion

Well, the lines I get are (a) Why create an in-state rivalry when we have pretty much the entire state locked down? and (b) All an in-state rivalry would do is create the possibility of some good recruits going to Arkansas State instead who might have chosen Arkansas.

I don't know. I find the whole thing odd. Arkansas should be able to still own the state against Ark. St. or UCA.

But, again, I meet a lot of Arkansas fans here who agree that the whole thing is silly.

There's only one instate school I think we ought to play. It's not my business, but I believe same thing about that school in Pickens County.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT