ADVERTISEMENT

Watson Done...

Cbreezy33

Oct 6, 2014
Deshaun Watson apparently tore his ACL in practice earlier today. On behalf of the Gamecock nation, I wish him a speedy recovery. There is no Clemson Tiger nor football player in general that I have more admiration for than Watson. He is as genuinely classy as they come and a hell of a football player. My prayers to the young man, awful news for all of football...as it takes even more excitement out of the NFL.

Obvious question: is it the same knee he injured in college?

Deshaun Watson apparently tore his ACL in practice earlier today. On behalf of the Gamecock nation, I wish him a speedy recovery. There is no Clemson Tiger nor football player in general that I have more admiration for than Watson. He is as genuinely classy as they come and a hell of a football player. My prayers to the young man, awful news for all of football...as it takes even more excitement out of the NFL.
Wow, I think the young guy on the Halftime show called this JUST the other day. He reminded everyone of RGIII and how he had great rookie season too and then injuries and done in the league. Hope he can recover.

Watson has tremendous physical and mental toughness, which I realized while watching the NC game last year. He will come back strong.

Go Gamecocks, beat GA!

Reactions: Jpcooper
practice? , we talking about practice??
Non contact injury. The terrible injury to Bridgewater was non-contact, too, so it happens.
Clowney had several non-contact injuries in Houston his first 1 1/2 years.
Tough loss for the Texans. Tough way to end first season for Watson.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I cannot believe the amount of injuries the Texans have had this year. Mind boggling

I thought Watson tore the ACL in his right knee in college.

No, it was his left knee. You can watch any videos of last year or the year before. The brace is on his left leg.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the threads about Tennessee playing their lineman with a concussion, or Georgia Tech playing their quarterback after he hurt his leg.

Really sad to see this. But was this the same injury he had at Moo U?

If it's the same knee Dabo knowingly played him with that would be a shame. That kind of crap can do long term damage. Just ask the Redskins and them playing rg3.

I hope he makes a complete recovery. I mean that.

Because of the freshness of this situation, and because it involves a person's health and ability to make a living, I am holding in abeyance a bit of levity that some might find offensive. I'm a very sensitive guy.

Reactions: cornstock84
No, it was his left knee. You can watch any videos of last year or the year before. The brace is on his left leg.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the threads about Tennessee playing their lineman with a concussion, or Georgia Tech playing their quarterback after he hurt his leg.
Your rhetoric is untimely and unappreciated. Maybe the mods will catch it and take care of business.

I hope this isn't a career ending injury and the kid can come back as close to 100% as possible. I don't watch NFL ball, haven't for many years. I just hate to see a player's career end early and in this fashion.

This post is nauseating.

I know one....

Kinda makes you wonder the true condition of his knees for a kid who is only 22 years old??? Well, let's hope he actually had a true education and a degree with a meaningful major from Tater University. He might need to use that degree much sooner than expected. NFL = "Not For Long"

This guy, who I hated as a Clemson player, won me over by his 2nd game in the NFL. He is a class act and an unbelievable athlete and if anyone wants to talk sh*& about him, meet me at 600 Washington Street at my office tomorrow to discuss. I'm so tired of the dumb rednecks on this board making fools of themselves putting college football over everything else in life.

Connor Shaw gets my vote. Tough as nails and talented QB too. Hope he gets another chance to show us what he can do.

@mavcock can we get a pass if we want to continue to make fun of the picture he took in skinny jeans with a man purse? If not, I can't meet you until about 2 tomorrow because I have client meetings until then.

Connor Shaw gets my vote. Tough as nails and talented QB too. Hope he gets another chance to show us what he can do.
Might be mentally tough as nails, but his body sure isn't. Broken leg, hamstring injury, injury to thumb - not to mention he had a knee issue while at USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT