ADVERTISEMENT

Watson: I am not going to lose to South Carolina

waytogo

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Deshaun Watson said in a USA today article:

"My high school coach was a big Clemson fan and I told him, as long as I'm the starting quarterback here, I'm not going to lose to South Carolina.

It's a big rivalry. Who wouldn't want to play in that game? It was a family decision. They put it on me, and it's what I wanted to do. Of course people say I have a future down the road (to protect), but I live in the moment and that moment was then and I wanted to play."

we-ve-landed-on-the-moon-o.gif

Reactions: bmhood1984
Does that mean he has decided to leave Hooterville? Not going to lose nothing but some playing time. The boy is as injury prone as they come. I guess technically if he is injured and isn't playing he can't lose.

"My high school coach was a big Clemson fan and I told him, as long as I'm the starting quarterback here, I'm not going to lose to South Carolina.

It's a big rivalry. Who wouldn't want to play in that game? It was a family decision. They put it on me, and it's what I wanted to do. Of course people say I have a future down the road (to protect), but I live in the moment and that moment was then and I wanted to play."
Sounds big in May but we will see in November if he can stay healthy enough to make it that far.

Injured? A non-issue. Dumbo will shoot him up and make him play anyway.

The only way he doesn't lose to Carolina is that he's hurt him wittle self again and is on the sideline watching.

This Deshaun Watson guy seems like a real confident person. I wonder what he will say in November. I wish him luck either way. Seems like a great competitor with something to prove!

Four-game streaks happen pretty regularly in this rivalry. I'm not sure why Watson chose to talk about it. It isn't that big a deal. There have been streaks of four games or more about 5 or 6 times in my life, and I'm barely over 40.

Reactions: LegalTiger
he might not lose to south carolina while at clemson....he may be hurt and not get to play, so hes off the hook there....he never said while he was in the game

Reactions: vacock#
Four-game streaks happen pretty regularly in this rivalry. I'm not sure why Watson chose to talk about it. It isn't that big a deal. There have been streaks of four games or more about 5 or 6 times in my life, and I'm barely over 40.
How only twice more than 5 and how many times have y'all been on the winning side

How only twice more than 5 and how many times have y'all been on the winning side
Clemson has had 4 win streaks of 4 games in my life. Carolina has had 1(which also extended to 5 games). My statement was simply that these types of streaks aren't all that uncommon in the rivalry. Deshaun should focus on something of consequence. He has much bigger fish to fry.

Reactions: tatertime
He's been through a season and started 3 games and lost 1 of those. Pretty bold for such little experience. Instead of talking about us, he should ask Dabo about his insurance policy in case injury causes him to miss NFL.

Who cares what he or any Taters have to say. They bring nothing but delusion to every conversation

clemsux is the epitome of delusion.

Yea...them Klempstoopid guys are on a sinking ship! Their head coach said he only had 2 more years, they lost a lot of commitments this off season, they had a 7-6 season last year with no real improvement to speak of, they have zero prospects for a decent QB this year, and on top of all that...they put so much faith in JUCO recruits (glorified two stars) to change their program, it's hilarious.

What a delusional fan base....I would HATE to be that team.

Yea...them Klempstoopid guys are on a sinking ship! Their head coach said he only had 2 more years, they lost a lot of commitments this off season, they had a 7-6 season last year with no real improvement to speak of, they have zero prospects for a decent QB this year, and on top of all that...they put so much faith in JUCO recruits (glorified two stars) to change their program, it's hilarious.

What a delusional fan base....I would HATE to be that team.
You forgot to mention that they lost their OC, they lost their entire defense, they have a glass doll for a qb and they have lost 5 of the last 6 to "The" University of South Carolina

Yea, I also forgot their overall lack of talent on both sides of the ball, the fact this is the best defensive backfield they have ever had (which is sad by the way), and the fact they still feel they have talent on the Offense. Hard to fathom, amirite?

These Taters are clever how cute to put his name backwards. This year is gonna be enjoyable watching these mouth breathing Taters reaction when they struggle. They will have a good offense but that D is gonna take a nice step back

You forgot to mention that they lost their OC, they lost their entire defense, they have a glass doll for a qb and they have lost 5 of the last 6 to "The" University of South Carolina
Wish we could bring back some of the players from those 5, we ain't got nothing like em now

Cocklover, your pathetic attempts to spread dissension amongst our ranks will not work. You see, one thing you felines don't seem to get is that we're smarter than y'all. If you're going to troll, at least try to be clever.

This guy is 1-0 against us. With 1 leg. I'd say he's talking and walking so far.
The only ones that refer to him as one-legged are taters. By that logic Connor Shaw beat them with one arm because he had a banged up shoulder. It also shows that Watson is not a very smart kid to risk his future on one game. Not to mention his coaches. If he had not been practicing for the game against us with a sprained knee he would never have torn his ACL. You can blame Dumbo for that!! But thanks for your imput conTATERshon

If Watson was a QB in the SEC he would never lose a game. He would be in the locker room before half time of the first game getting an MRI, and out for the season. Can you imagine Watson taking the kind of hits that Connor Shaw took? I don't think so! The kid probably still has the soft spot in the top of his skull. He will open against Wofford and App State. If he survives those two games, tater national will declare themselves national champions and he will be the front runner for the Heisman.....and this is no different than every other year.

Hasn't Watson already won Clemron's 7th straight Preseason Heisman Trophy? When do they give those out, I always forget...

Its just your normal basic #Clemsoning kind of like their #WRU thing and Omaha on their hats, and Boyd talking about how soft our Dline is, the list is endless, "mad scientist" etc.....LOL, we truly should put a comprehensive list together of Clemsonisms

Its just your normal basic #Clemsoning kind of like their #WRU thing and Omaha on their hats, and Boyd talking about how soft our Dline is, the list is endless, "mad scientist" etc.....LOL, we truly should put a comprehensive list together of Clemsonisms
maybe boyd was talking about last seasons d line....he was seeing into the future....lol...was like watching marshmallows play

Yea, I also forgot their overall lack of talent on both sides of the ball, the fact this is the best defensive backfield they have ever had (which is sad by the way), and the fact they still feel they have talent on the Offense. Hard to fathom, amirite?
The best defensive backfield we've ever had? where did that come from?

Guys...any of our players can say "we will not lose a game while I am here" does that really mean it's true. BS....The guys gotta back it up now.....pressure is on him. I like that ! It's in WillyB so bring it on.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT