ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: Fruit Flies!!!!!

gamecockfan04

Aug 13, 2003
I hope its not just me but is anybody else dealing with these little bastards in your house? We normally get them for a week or two every year and then they go away, but this year they wont seem to go away!!

Reactions: flyfisher29640
We always seem to go through a week or so each year where we have them. We use those little Terro fruit fly traps that look like apples. Have always had great results with them.

Reactions: Brace1
I own a bar, we deal with them all the time. I mix up traps in a rocks glass, cover it with saran wrap and poke a few holes in the top. I add vinegar, beer, red wine, simple syrup (sugar and water) and dish soap, enough to fill half the glass. Keep it on the counter, preferably in the sun.

They love it, after a week you should have a few bodies, after two or three weeks your problem should dissipate. Don't plan on keeping that glass, it gets pretty nasty so use a mason jar or something like that you don't mind tossing.

Oh and I have noticed when the wife brings home fruit, I've noticed some tend to come from that. To alleviate this we keep the fruits and vegetables in the fridge during this time of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT