ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT...

kidcock#

Aug 3, 2001
I love a good hamburger, however, I've noticed some of the better burger places have been using romaine instead of the traditional iceberg lettuce. I love romaine...in a salad! If you put a leaf of romaine on a hot burger it becomes limp and wilted and fit for the garbage. I love the fresh iceberg crunch when I bite into the burger! Join me...next restaurant I order a burger at I will specifically ask for iceberg. Thanks...now I can put the soapbox away. Go Cocks! Beat Clempson!

Reactions: king ward
The way I achieve crunchy burger goodness is by putting crispy bacon on it. At that point it doesn't bother me to have a different kind of lettuce on it. :)

I love a good hamburger, however, I've noticed some of the better burger places have been using romaine instead of the traditional iceberg lettuce. I love romaine...in a salad! If you put a leaf of romaine on a hot burger it becomes limp and wilted and fit for the garbage. I love the fresh iceberg crunch when I bite into the burger! Join me...next restaurant I order a burger at I will specifically ask for iceberg. Thanks...now I can put the soapbox away. Go Cocks! Beat Clempson!
I agree with this. Romaine is too leafy - on any sandwich. It gives the illusion of more sandwich and a fancier sandwich when, in reality, it mainly overwhelms the other components. Iceberg all the way on sandwiches.

There excuse is that iceburg has no nutritional value compared to others. My thinking is if i was worried about nutritional value I wouldnt be eating big juicy burger. Im with you on this. the crunch just kinda adds something to it.

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT