WBB 2021 Recruiting class update

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
#2 Raven Johnson
#3 Saniya Rivers
#4 Sania Feagin
#14 Aubryanna Hall

#1 Azzi Fudd is uncommitted and while she rumored to be a UCONN lock, I am not totally convinced

Thats crazy to have 3 of top 4 and 4 of top 14. It seems unreasonable that UConn even with Fudd will take number one class from us.

This class cements us as conference top dog for the next 5 years. The SEC had 5 other players in the top 50. UT-2, UGA-1, Mizzou-1, ARK-1, and Miss St-1. Only the ARK girl Is 5*****

Another 7 in the top 100 Bama-1, Vandy-1, LSU-1, A&M-1, KY-1 and UT and MISS St add 1 to have 3 and 2 total.

All four of our recruits are excellent defenders and have length at their position. UCONN is the only other school recruiting with us.

Any word as to when is Fudd commiting?

No date set

There are 9 players in the top 100 who are uncommitted. You know the usual reasons, grades and personal/family issues. Fudd does not fall into these categories.
She has had Stanford, UCONN, and us as the favorite at one time or another. Also she has shown a lot of interest in home town Maryland. She is great friends with UCONN’s Paige Bueckers but has said it would be just as much fun to play against as with her.
She is not a drama queen, so my guess is she is still in play and not a UCONN Lock

Reactions: Gamekem
While that would be amazing, did you see the 6 foot 5 inch POINT guard that Arkansas recruited? IMHO, we need some more tall players.

While that would be amazing, did you see the 6 foot 5 inch POINT guard that Arkansas recruited? IMHO, we need some more tall players.
She may be tall but at that height, can she move quick enough? Smaller guards may be able to run circles around her with quickness but if they let her get set, driving the paint against her would be tough.

She may be tall but at that height, can she move quick enough? Smaller guards may be able to run circles around her with quickness but if they let her get set, driving the paint against her would be tough.
We are plenty tall at all positions and especially with the 21 class. We do need to sign a post player in the 22 class; and have offered 3
#1 Lauren Betts 6’7” from Colorado
#8 Maya Nnaji 6’4” from Minnesota
#12 Ashlynn Watkins 6’4” from Columbia

We lead for Watkins and it appears that after a hard push through the pandemic we lead for Betts. Nnaji was pumped about our offer but not sure where we stand. UCONN already has a post committed from this class so they are out of the picture

As to Wolfenbarger, she played up in age group and AAU. She was always the pg. she was 5’8” in 8th grade, had a late growth spurt and was 6’0@ as a soph and then grew another 5 inches. She will land as a stretch 4 and be hell on wheels

Nnaji can play power foward. Here's hoping we get Watkins and Nnaji....Those two playing on the court at the same time would be awesome. I'm afraid if we get Betts, we will lose Watkins. I would rather have the home girl. Remember Watkins can dunk. I haven't seen where Betts can dunk a basketball.

We are plenty tall at all positions and especially with the 21 class. We do need to sign a post player in the 22 class; and have offered 3
#1 Lauren Betts 6’7” from Colorado
#8 Maya Nnaji 6’4” from Minnesota
#12 Ashlynn Watkins 6’4” from Columbia

We lead for Watkins and it appears that after a hard push through the pandemic we lead for Betts. Nnaji was pumped about our offer but not sure where we stand. UCONN already has a post committed from this class so they are out of the picture

As to Wolfenbarger, she played up in age group and AAU. She was always the pg. she was 5’8” in 8th grade, had a late growth spurt and was 6’0@ as a soph and then grew another 5 inches. She will land as a stretch 4 and be hell on wheels

Where are you hearing that we lead for Betts? (Yes, she can dunk ) Yes, Ashlyn Watkins can also dunk.

Opinion: UConn is not out of the picture for Betts. Like us, they need at least one post and would take two if the second one is Betts.

I'm hesitant for us to slow play hometown gal, Ashlynn Watkins. Don't want her to end up at Clempsun or UNC (who is has an excellent recruiting class for 2021)

Where are you hearing that we lead for Betts? (Yes, she can dunk ) Yes, Ashlyn Watkins can also dunk.

Opinion: UConn is not out of the picture for Betts. Like us, they need at least one post and would take two if the second one is Betts.

I'm hesitant for us to slow play hometown gal, Ashlynn Watkins. Don't want her to end up at Clempsun or UNC (who is has an excellent recruiting class for 2021)
Article on Betts from TOS, which outlined our offers for 22. We had little contact before pandemic but relationship bloomed on internet with both Law and Dawn. Obviously UConn would take her but they already have posts committed for 21 DeBerry and 22 Brady(#2 recruit). With Geno’s theory of playing only 5, that makes a rather crowded dog eat dog competition. Don’t think he would have accepted Brady if Betts was a realistic option.

Dawn is so much better at developing and using multiple posts. Watkins can play the 4 and we are not slow playing her.
The prospect we are slow playing, well better said making back up plans just in case, is Fulwiley 23. She is an electric talent but she is still a work in progress with her personal maturity. They have also offered Kamorea Arnold out of Wisconsin who game wise is her doppelgänger.

UNC is one more class and one top 10 recruit away from being a threat to ND and Louisville.

Butler is a very capable coach, especially on defense, and good fit with CU. She is slowly raising the talent level but has had massive turnover three years in a row. Watkins can play anywhere and would be a great get for them. But she will not turn them into a top 25 team without 2 other great recruiting classes. Why beat your head against a door when you have your choice of programs you could lead to a final four?

Reactions: sgacock
Seems girls in South Carolina that don't get recruited by Dawn, end up at UNC. Would hate for Watkins to end up at UNC...

I'll keep my fingers crossed we get all 3....Betts in middle and Watkins and Nnaji at the forword positions....would that not be SUPER?

We get two at the most.
The last in state girl we missed on was Xylina McDaniel, 10 years ago. CU and UK have done a good job recruiting in state girls that we passed on

That goal doesn't look 10 feet. It just doesn't.

Reactions: jonesz21
Who did we pay for this re-ranking?

Probably no payment required here.....they (ESPN) have a new recruiting service providing their rankings. It used to be Dan Olsen, now it's Premier Basketball. They (Premier Basketball) probably just didn't want to have to support rankings from people they had nothing to do with, so they replaced those rankings with their own, hence the re-ranking.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT