ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: #5 South Carolina vs #3 Texas A&M

I think this team could very well win a national championship this year. We have 3 losses....to #1,2, and 3 in the country, 2 of the losses on the road and 1 in o.t., I believe,
We miss Harris but maybe Harrigan more. If Beal and or Lele could consistently hit those mid range jump shots AND make layups it would help.
4 losses. Tennessee beat us too

The play on Boston reminds me of the "hack-a-Shaq" theory. Rough her up, beat her up and get her frustrated. She needs that "Mad Kiki" to come out and just take the game over. Like others, If I were coaching, they would be practicing layups until their tongues drug the floor. LA is no doubt the best athlete on the team but she has to learn to keep the ball high where little guards can't slap at it. Consistent shooting would be a big help. Free throws are free. Let's hit a few. CDS has been outcoached this season in some games . That is baffling to me. We have the talent to play with anyone in the country. Al we have to do is go and do it.

You mean “if Saxton, Grissette, Beal, Amihere could hit 10-footers.”

No doubt if anyone of them could consistently make a 10 footer, she would play 35 minutes a game. Since none of them have shown that ability, I think the other 3 are better able to play pressure defense and get out on the break than Saxton. IMO, our best chance to make a deep run in the tournament is to play defense like we did starting midway through the 3rd quarter yesterday.

Reactions: roosterbell
You mean “if Saxton, Grissette, Beal, Amihere could hit 10-footers.”
That's the other big part of the equation... last year, you had Herbert-Harrigan at the #4. She could hit the midrange jumper and drive to the basket. This year, you have Saxton in that spot who is a true post, like Boston. So that makes a big mess in the middle and no room for Boston to operate. Saxton is a decent post, but not a 4.

Perhaps they need to start a more athletic player at the 4 (even though we've already established that Grissett and Amihere don't have a mid-range game), it would create more space for Boston? Heck, maybe slide Beal to the 4 and start another guard.

A&M just looked more talented than us. Tennessee just outplayed us on that given night.
Still think we can win the whole thing in Greenville. Have Final Four talent overall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT