ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Diamond DeShields leaving UT

Is she good enough to play for us? I'm not trying to be funny either. Would she get playing time?

Reactions: scout1#
UT appears to be a dumpster fire right about now. They won't be nearly as good now that they've lost both Cooper & Deshields

Didn't UT WBB have the # 1 ranked recruiting class this year? Not sure but I know it was a very good class, but I hope they continue their down slide, nonetheless.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Didn't UT WBB have the # 1 ranked recruiting class this year? Not sure but I know it was a very good class, but I hope they continue their down slide, nonetheless.
Yes, they do have the #1 class for 2017 taking the floor next season. But after losing both Cooper & Deshields, I believe they left the door open for South Carolina to once again be the best team in the SEC next season. I'm not overly concerned with MSU, as we have Bianca Cuevas-Moore who is the perfect defender for their "do it all point guard" Morgan William.

Would not be shocked if South Carolina wound up winning the SEC regular season title for a 5th straight year.

Is she good enough to play for us? I'm not trying to be funny either. Would she get playing time?
Outside of A'ja Wilson, she's probably as talented as any player in the country. How she would fit in chemistry wise would be the biggest question.

There are evidently some major issues at Tennessee at the moment. Not sure Warlick survives another season after this one.

Last edited:
Outside of A'sa Wilson, she's probably as talented as any player in the country. How she would fit in chemistry wise would be the biggest question.

There are evidently some major issues at Tennessee at the moment. Not sure Warlick survives another season after this one.

Really? She's that good? UT must be having some issues

Really? She's that good? UT must be having some issues
She was the #1 player coming out of high school and many thought she would be the #1 pick of the WNBA if she came out this year. She was eligible, (like KD and Allisha), so why she didn't and then quit school is a mystery. She never seemed to good decisions.

When she transferred out of UNC, Dawn did not seem to pursue her very hard as she seemed to be happy with Sessions and Bianca. Dawn may have been concerned with team chemistry as DD seems to be a real Diva.

Reactions: vacock#
Outside of A'sa (sic) Wilson, she's probably as talented as any player in the country. How she would fit in chemistry wise would be the biggest question.

A'ja Wilson?

But, what if Diamond Deshields doesn't go pro. What if she joins Te'a Cooper coming to South Carolina? & they make a run for the 2018 title?

Fun speculation of course

UT appears to be a dumpster fire right about now. They won't be nearly as good now that they've lost both Cooper & Deshields

I never believed any of the nonsense about UT being this great team to win the SEC this fall...That being said Diamond D leaving may be addition by subtraction...No matter how talented you are, you need to play the right way to help a team win a championship..Last season she and Jamie Nared were always racing to see who could jack up the most shots,,,If Nared leaves or quits i might get more concerned about the Lady Vols..

Didn't she have a bad injury at the end of the year?

This is why ... when a Man acts like DD ... They say "He's just like an Old Lady".

Outside of A'ja Wilson, she's probably as talented as any player in the country. How she would fit in chemistry wise would be the biggest question.

If they are still recruiting the top class in the country, that's going to be cause for concern in Columbia and a cause for optimism in Knoxville. To me, it doesn't make sense that they should out-recruit us, but we might have just added the coach who is going to tilt the recruiting advantage in our direction.

Reactions: roosterbell
If they are still recruiting the top class in the country, that's going to be cause for concern in Columbia and a cause for optimism in Knoxville. To me, it doesn't make sense that they should out-recruit us, but we might have just added the coach who is going to tilt the recruiting advantage in our direction.

They are not out recruiting us...We had the number 7 class in the nation..Who knows which class is better? It's not like comparing the no1 class to the no20 class..as subjective and erroneous as rankings are, it's just silly to suggest they are out recruiting us..Dawn turned down 2 players in their class to take better players...They did beat us out for Evina Westbrook...But that's it...Our staff had Daz rated much higher than Kishkittuah...Hayes was not going to get playing time with Ty Harris and Bianca Cuevas on board

They are not out recruiting us...We had the number 7 class in the nation..Who knows which class is better? It's not like comparing the no1 class to the no20 class..as subjective and erroneous as rankings are, it's just silly to suggest they are out recruiting us..Dawn turned down 2 players in their class to take better players...They did beat us out for Evina Westbrook...But that's it...Our staff had Daz rated much higher than Kishkittuah...Hayes was not going to get playing time with Ty Harris and Bianca Cuevas on board
We've been beating them like rented mules for several years, except for that relatively recent disgraceful loss in Columbia. That we should even have to discuss the possibility that their recruiting is even comparable to ours is unacceptable. But yet, here we are, and it's a valid discussion.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
We've been beating them like rented mules for several years, except for that relatively recent disgraceful loss in Columbia. That we should even have to discuss the possibility that their recruiting is even comparable to ours is unacceptable. But yet, here we are, and it's a valid discussion.
What do you mean unacceptable. That's the most overused word on this board. If we beat them 5 out of the last six games, and the only loss was a controversial ending it would seem to me that we have better players than they do. Who cares if they get the number 1 recruiting class but we continue to beat them regularly. Would you rather the roles be reversed?

What do you mean unacceptable. That's the most overused word on this board. If we beat them 5 out of the last six games, and the only loss was a controversial ending it would seem to me that we have better players than they do. Who cares if they get the number 1 recruiting class but we continue to beat them regularly. Would you rather the roles be reversed?
UT is royalty in WBB and will recruit well, even excellently no matter what we do. We need keep beating them as we establish ourselves as royalty and gain preeminence over them. As for beating them like a rented mule... we are 3-2 vs them over the last four years and something like 2-38 prior to that. We are now considered their equal and rival gotta keep beating them.

Last edited:
Well said.

We shouldn't have lost to that bunch at home with our legs tied together.

We shouldn't have lost to that bunch at home with our legs tied together.
How do you figure? According to you they have been out recruiting us. If they have more talent than us, why shouldn't they beat us once in a while?
You also don't seem to have a very high opinion of Dawn Staley's coaching skills. So according to you we have less talent than them, a coach with no strategic skills, and you say that we should have beaten them handily last year?

If I recall they are a team that beat USC, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, and I think one other top-10 team. They have good talent on the team but not a very good coach. We are the far superior team despite the fact they have hire recruiting rankings than we do. Once again, recruiting rankings are not a big deal.

How do you figure? According to you they have been out recruiting us. If they have more talent than us, why shouldn't they beat us once in a while?
You also don't seem to have a very high opinion of Dawn Staley's coaching skills. So according to you we have less talent than them, a coach with no strategic skills, and you say that we should have beaten them handily last year?

If I recall they are a team that beat USC, Mississippi State, Notre Dame, and I think one other top-10 team. They have good talent on the team but not a very good coach. We are the far superior team despite the fact they have hire recruiting rankings than we do. Once again, recruiting rankings are not a big deal.
If they aren't a big deal, and assuming our coaching is better, then we shouldn't lose to them at home - ever. Maybe not anyplace else, either.

If they aren't a big deal, and assuming our coaching is better, then we shouldn't lose to them at home - ever. Maybe not anyplace else, either.

Who cares? We won the SEC regular season title, SEC tournament championship and the NCAA tournament. Maybe the loss was good for us. On you list of things to bitch about today "loss at home to UT" should be far down the list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT