ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Diamond DeShields leaving UT

My friend please think about what you just posted...Only UCONN has a better WBB tradition than UTk...they have a great history to sell for now

We've been beating them like rented mules for several years, except for that relatively recent disgraceful loss in Columbia. That we should even have to discuss the possibility that their recruiting is even comparable to ours is unacceptable. But yet, here we are, and it's a valid discussion.

Yes, they do have the #1 class for 2017 taking the floor next season. But after losing both Cooper & Deshields, I believe they left the door open for South Carolina to once again be the best team in the SEC next season. I'm not overly concerned with MSU, as we have Bianca Cuevas-Moore who is the perfect defender for their "do it all point guard" Morgan William.

Would not be shocked if South Carolina wound up winning the SEC regular season title for a 5th straight year.

I think we're well past the point where any USC fan should be even discussing being shocked with being the best team or winning the SEC. By now, we expect to win the league. This has been a burgeoning dynasty for a while now thanks to Dawn.

My friend please think about what you just posted...Only UCONN has a better WBB tradition than UTk...they have a great history to sell for now
UT hasn't been what they were since Summitt's decline. They are somewhat like the current Notre Dame football program. We have no business losing to them at home at this point in time. That game should not have even been close.

UT hasn't been what they were since Summitt's decline. They are somewhat like the current Notre Dame football program. We have no business losing to them at home at this point in time. That game should not have even been close.

you are correct..the Summitt legacy is slipping fast under Warlick...But ESPN and other media outlets still sell and promote UTk as if they are what they used to be...They don't beat us because Dawn is too good..But they are still more competitive in recruiting with us than they should be...But that's more due to the media than anything else

Reactions: king ward
Please remember, this is college basketball. Very few teams go undefeated unless you are UCONN or the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers..

Teams can jump up and bite anybody at any time. Mississippi State beat UConn, who thought that was going to happen? UT beat both Mississippi State and Notre Dame along with us. Upsets happen. So please leave your unacceptable, condescending comments at the door; sports are fun because the unexpected happens.

Please remember, this is college basketball. Very few teams go undefeated unless you are UCONN or the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers..

Teams can jump up and bite anybody at any time. Mississippi State beat UConn, who thought that was going to happen? UT beat both Mississippi State and Notre Dame along with us. Upsets happen. So please leave your unacceptable, condescending comments at the door; sports are fun because the unexpected happens.
Well, at least you said "please". But you'll have to show me those papers where you are the boss of me before I comply with your request - or was that a directive? UT beat Notre Dame by two at home. We lost to Connecticut (again) by double digits. That was enough for us to contribute to the legends of dynasties in one year. Losing to UT in Columbia this year was a major downer. To me, it was unacceptable. If your standards are lower, that's your prerogative.

Well, at least you said "please". But you'll have to show me those papers where you are the boss of me before I comply with your request - or was that a directive? UT beat Notre Dame by two at home. We lost to Connecticut (again) by double digits. That was enough for us to contribute to the legends of dynasties in one year. Losing to UT in Columbia this year was a major downer. To me, it was unacceptable. If your standards are lower, that's your prerogative.
My standards are realistic. I am more than happy with a national championship, even if there were a few losses sprinkled in there.

My standards are realistic. I am more than happy with a national championship, even if there were a few losses sprinkled in there.
I don't like to lose to UPC, UNC, UGA, or UT anytime, especially in sports in which we are supposed to be better than or equal to any of them. I believe that situation applies to the subject we have been discussing. National Championship is a pretty good consolation, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT