ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Gamecocks vs Tenn 4pm ESPN2

Hope the team is ready to avenge the loss (without Wilson) earlier in the season. We have 2nd place and the tournament double bye clinched so no pressure. ;)

Hope the team is ready to avenge the loss (without Wilson) earlier in the season. We have 2nd place and the tournament double bye clinched so no pressure. ;)
Actually the only thing that is clinched is the bye. 2nd place is up in the air. Heard the guys talking about it on the radio on Friday. If SC wins they are #2. If Georgia beats Florida earlier in the day, it doesn't matter if SC loses, they'd still be #2. If SC and Georgia lose, then SC could fall to 3. They said it all depends on who finishes 4th because of various tie breakers.

Reactions: GarnetGhost
Actually the only thing that is clinched is the bye. 2nd place is up in the air. Heard the guys talking about it on the radio on Friday. If SC wins they are #2. If Georgia beats Florida earlier in the day, it doesn't matter if SC loses, they'd still be #2. If SC and Georgia lose, then SC could fall to 3. They said it all depends on who finishes 4th because of various tie breakers.

Aren't they 1 game ahead of Georgia and they have the heads up victory over them, so they would get 2 spot no matter.

I see your point now. Missou would be in the mix and we split with them. Don't know how that would work.

Thanks for the clarification. I was going by what one of the announcers said during the LSU game. I'm pretty sure they said Carolina would clinch 2nd seed with a win over LSU. Guess they were wrong.

Yeah, I think the TV folks got it wrong. I was listening on radio while at work the other night, and he said they only clinched a top 4 finish. Right now, GA is up by 14 in 2nd half over FL. If that holds, SC is #2!

Georgia's up 20 with 4 minutes to play, so USC will be #2.
I get that cause we would both have 12-4 conference seasons (should we lose to Tenn) and we have the tie breaker over GA. But what happens if Miz beats A&M today. They would also be 12-4 in conference so we would have a 3 way tie.

Here are the rules for 3 way tie:

Three-Team Tie (or more)
When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

1. Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
  2. Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
  3. If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
  4. If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT