ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Hayes sisters enter transfer portal

Trio, actually. A third one went to ND. She's also in the portal.
🤣🤣🤣actually, drum roll please, there is a fourth, Acacia, who is a highly recruited jr at Riverdale HS in Tenn.
Anastasia was all Fr SEC at UT and the answer to their needs at PG. She was asked to leave/kicked off the team by Coach Harper.

If you ask Mr. Peabody nicely, he will take you into his way back machine.......You will remember that it was down to us and UT for Anastasia. Mom demanded that all four girls be guaranteed scholarships for Anastasia to sign. Holly Warlick said “of course”
DS said, “I will only offer if they are worthy.”
Mom said, bye bye Dawn and thus we avoided way too much drama.
There is no truth to the rumor that all the girls are marrying a different Ball brother. Anastasia and Lamello (sic?) and will have a reality show

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣actually, drum roll please, there is a fourth, Acacia, who is a highly recruited jr at Riverdale HS in Tenn.
Anastasia was all Fr SEC at UT and the answer to their needs at PG. She was asked to leave/kicked off the team by Coach Harper.

If you ask Mr. Peabody nicely, he will take you into his way back machine.......You will remember that it was down to us and UT for Anastasia. Mom demanded that all four girls be guaranteed scholarships for Anastasia to sign. Holly Warlick said “of course”
DS said, “I will only offer if they are worthy.”
Mom said, bye bye Dawn and thus we avoided way too much drama.
There is no truth to the rumor that all the girls are marrying a different Ball brother. Anastasia and Lamello (sic?) and will have a reality show
Well, the fourth one hasn't shown herself peripatetic, yet.😉

"Mom demanded that all four girls be guaranteed scholarships for Anastasia to sign."

Yeah, I remember that. I won't be surprised if Mom is not directing traffic with this move.

Good luck to them

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1
Habitually unsatisfied?
I don’t think any established and healthy cultured program will given any single one a sniff much less take all three.

To me it appears they are coordinating their transfers and looking to be together. A school desperately needing an influx of talent might bite. But at what cost? They basically play the same position and are the same size.

I don’t think any established and healthy cultured program will given any single one a sniff much less take all three.

To me it appears they are coordinating their transfers and looking to be together. A school desperately needing an influx of talent might bite. But at what cost? They basically play the same position and are the same size.

Vandy's coach is desperate right now. Cancelling the season probably saved her job. Otherwise it would have been a winless season. It's also close to home for the sisters. If Vandy believes they're too good to take them, they should probably just drop WBB. Of course, the sisters might now want to go there. We'll see.

I agree. It seems to me that their only hope of pulling off a trifecta would be at some bereft program.

Vandy's coach is desperate right now. Cancelling the season probably saved her job. Otherwise it would have been a winless season. It's also close to home for the sisters. If Vandy believes they're too good to take them, they should probably just drop WBB. Of course, the sisters might now want to go there. We'll see.
Vandy has a better roster than you realize, they had injuries and opt outs. IF IF everyone returns they are better than Auburn, UF and maybe even a massively depleted Bama roster.

Vandy is committed to Steph White and she really knows the game. I also see that she is really committed to accountability and she is not a personality fit with those girls

Vandy has a better roster than you realize, they had injuries and opt outs. IF IF everyone returns they are better than Auburn, UF and maybe even a massively depleted Bama roster.

Vandy is committed to Steph White and she really knows the game. I also see that she is really committed to accountability and she is not a personality fit with those girls

They lost their best player, Koi Love, though (I hear she might be headed to UCONN). But I definitely agree White will be allowed "more time" than any other coach in the SEC.

They lost their best player, Koi Love, though (I hear she might be headed to UCONN). But I definitely agree White will be allowed "more time" than any other coach in the SEC.
Yes indeed, virtue signaling is more important to a major university than winning.

Reactions: DarkCock
Yes indeed, virtue signaling is more important to a major university than winning.
I think your assessment is a bit unfair but more accurately premature. Looking at her resume, she was a home run hire. Great player, excellent asst. coach in WNBA who became successful head coach, taking her team to the finals.
She took over a faltering program with below mediocre talent that was all senior.

Her second and third years were terrible but expected. The fourth year was a significant improvent. Fifth year, Covid, opt out, injuries just obliterated the season for them. If in two years there is not significant improvement and she still has a job there, I will wholeheartedly agree with your assessment

peripatetic pair

Rf1005a0655a7a84a40c47f6942f6b24d

Reactions: winloseortie
Couple more

All-SEC Freshman Madison Hayes looking to transfer out of MSU

Diamond Johnson enter transfer portal (we were in her final selections - but, with the #1 class coming in I doubt it)

Tiara Young - Jr. - LSU

Oregon State starting guard Sasha Goforth plans to transfer, wants to live closer to her Arkansas home (Arkansas might possible hook a top 20 prospect out of the 2020 class)

She gone

She gone

LOL! I was just coming to post that. I'm not surprised she got the boot. Even though they cancelled their season due to Covid - two star players entered the portal, bad overall record was not going to get better.

In other news - Johnnie Harris was hired at Auburn. That's a great hire for the school

She gone

Well obviously there was way more going on then I perceived. Vandy is not even a dumpster fire, there is nothing to burn🤣🤣🤣 No coach, no roster, no recruiting class, apparently no clue.

I’m going to start a separate transfer portal/ next year outlook for SEC WBB. We need a clearinghouse thread about coaching changes, transfers, seniors coming back, our own hot stove thread for WBB. Please help as y’all have fingers in more than I do. TIA

Reactions: DarkCock
The Hayes sisters (Murfreesboro, TN) have all committed to transfer to Mississippi State WBB: Aislynn Hayes (5-6 SO guard) and Anastasia Hayes (5-7 RS JR guard / grad xfer) from Middle Tennessee and Alasia Hayes (5-7 FR point guard) from Notre Dame

What is Nikki thinking and doing? Sweat on your brow is starting to show

Rb7874aa5bb0948c97070a28488b7e888

Reactions: Gamekem
The Hayes sisters (Murfreesboro, TN) have all committed to transfer to Mississippi State WBB: Aislynn Hayes (5-6 SO guard) and Anastasia Hayes (5-7 RS JR guard / grad xfer) from Middle Tennessee and Alasia Hayes (5-7 FR point guard) from Notre Dame
Nikki has had 10 players transfer out since she took over. Did she lose the locker room that badly? Or were there problems already that we just didn’t hear about? Carter and Jackson are cornerstone pieces but they need talent and bodies. It feels like a deal with the devil

What is Nikki thinking and doing? Sweat on your brow is starting to show

Rb7874aa5bb0948c97070a28488b7e888

I think she lost the locker room. Vic has had one or two players transfer out during his tenure. But, in that mass exodus as when she took over.

Let's see if Jackson stays.

It's not too shocking at the huge turnover, most of these ladies came to play for Vic and mix that with a disappointing season and this was sort of expected. I think a roster of players who believes in her vision should make a world of difference, although I do worry about her taking in the Hayes sisters, I hope she doesn't let that family try to influence her locker room.

Reactions: gamecockblack
It's not too shocking at the huge turnover, most of these ladies came to play for Vic and mix that with a disappointing season and this was sort of expected. I think a roster of players who believes in her vision should make a world of difference, although I do worry about her taking in the Hayes sisters, I hope she doesn't let that family try to influence her locker room.

Nikki’s credentials are impeccable . 2X All American, 2X gold medalist, 3X all WNBA, ABL MVP. Paid her dues with Dawn and turned ODU around. She was our main recruiter and has won every locker room she has ever been in since college. It just makes me wonder what else went on down there.
I have a friend who just recently retired from MSU athletic department. His VERY guarded comment was, “Vic is not the nice guy everyone thinks he is. I saw him in action his entire tenure.” Then he just shook his head

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
Nikki’s credentials are impeccable . 2X All American, 2X gold medalist, 3X all WNBA, ABL MVP. Paid her dues with Dawn and turned ODU around. She was our main recruiter and has won every locker room she has ever been in since college. It just makes me wonder what else went on down there.
I have a friend who just recently retired from MSU athletic department. His VERY guarded comment was, “Vic is not the nice guy everyone thinks he is. I saw him in action his entire tenure.” Then he just shook his head
Yeah I have heard he's more if the bad cop and Harris his assistant coach was more of the good cop that kept them balance. But the players always loved him. I do wonder how Texas will be without Harris in the Staff.
Also I'm not trying to discredit Nikki in anyway, I just think the MSU job comes with a lot of expectations due to their recent success and I just worry that the margin of error is kinda slim and if things don't start to look good in the next couple of years then she might be in trouble. I'm just not sure getting all 3 of the Hayes sisters is the wisest of decisions when thinking long term. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Hell nawh getting all 3 sisters is not a wise move. The younger one says that she wants to forge her own path - we'll see how that works out.

Sounds like the WBB version of the Ball brothers and their parents, especially the Dad.

ADVERTISEMENT