ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: National Championship run

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
What's your favorite game to watch? Most of you will say the Championship game and rightfully so..But i knew we would beat Miss St...I find myself watching the game that scared me the most...Doubted big time we could beat FSU without Aliana Coates...FSU was so deep and athletic, i felt this is likely when Coates injury would be felt the most...But the young ladies were absolutely fierce on both ends of the floor...It was prolly Kaela Davis best game as a Gamecock...Gray and Wilson were terrific as usual...But it was one of those nights when all the players were performing at a high level...It's just a fun game for a Gamecock fan to watch...Curious that FSU scared me the most...Yet, Arizona St is the team that came closest to beating us...ASU went straight thug ball on us and it nearly paid off...

Lots of good ones obviously. FSU was interesting because they had so many players that were motivated because USC had beat them 2 years before in the same position. I thought USC's defense on their stud was outstanding- very well game-planned. The Az State game scared me going inbecause of their size, and the way the PAC 12 plays (very physical), I thought could give us problems - and it did. That being said, the Stanford game was my favorite because it was the next step in the process that hadn't been done before (beating them and getting to the championship). Stanford had a lot of size and for USC to take that next step was really cool.

What's your favorite game to watch? Most of you will say the Championship game and rightfully so..But i knew we would beat Miss St...I find myself watching the game that scared me the most...Doubted big time we could beat FSU without Aliana Coates...FSU was so deep and athletic, i felt this is likely when Coates injury would be felt the most...But the young ladies were absolutely fierce on both ends of the floor...It was prolly Kaela Davis best game as a Gamecock...Gray and Wilson were terrific as usual...But it was one of those nights when all the players were performing at a high level...It's just a fun game for a Gamecock fan to watch...Curious that FSU scared me the most...Yet, Arizona St is the team that came closest to beating us...ASU went straight thug ball on us and it nearly paid off...
USC > Stanford...Dawn > Tara. Even though friends I know Dawn got much personal satisfaction from that game. Plus, it got us to the championship game

Lots of good ones obviously. FSU was interesting because they had so many players that were motivated because USC had beat them 2 years before in the same position. I thought USC's defense on their stud was outstanding- very well game-planned. The Az State game scared me going inbecause of their size, and the way the PAC 12 plays (very physical), I thought could give us problems - and it did. That being said, the Stanford game was my favorite because it was the next step in the process that hadn't been done before (beating them and getting to the championship). Stanford had a lot of size and for USC to take that next step was really cool.

That was a seriously physical game...Stanford copied the ASU gameplan...It worked for a half...Once USC decided to get real physical and go to a zone that game was over...We rolled Stanford in the 2nd half...But it is a fun game to watch...When you look at the talent desparity, give Tara VanDervere credit for hanging in there...I thought we would blast Stanford by 15-20

I agree FSU was the most concerning, even though ASU went down to the last shot. For some reason I never felt like we would lose to the Sun Devils. The Noles, on the other hand, scared me, especially when A'ja got in foul trouble. Davis stepped up BIG time.

My favorite game, however, was Mississippi State. I know, I know...too predictable. But it was such a decisive performance I had to pick it. Some commentators said that MSU was "tired," but I think the correct word is "resigned." They never believed they were going to win that game. I don't know whether it was because we had beaten them 11 in a row or they knew how suffocating our defense could be. Plus, it was also the game in which A'ja became a legend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT