ADVERTISEMENT

WBB premium seating fee

GarnetGhost

Apr 22, 2014
Anybody affected by the new premium seat fee? Thoughts on paying fee or moving to new seats. If you give up the seats do you just go to the end of the line?

Premium seating fee...............................for women's basketball.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Wish I still lived in Columbia. USC WBB was the best bargain in the country. Season tickets for the SEC Champs were were cheaper than Furman, Clemson, or Davidson!
I certainly agree that WBB is a bargain especially for the product on the floor. I'm just not sure that it's fair to have one group bear the brunt of the price increase. Why not just go up on all tickets across the board so that everyone pays a little more. The huge increase just seems to be a way to free up good seats for the more monied fans who were late to the party and are now complaining that their season tickets are in the upper corners of the lower bowl or god forbide GA tickets.

I don't think her product will as be as good next year. They may have gotten a little too greedy here. You can do that with sports that generations of fans have loved, but WBB interest is new and putting up high prices for it may turn folks away.

I don't think her product will as be as good next year. They may have gotten a little too greedy here. You can do that with sports that generations of fans have loved, but WBB interest is new and putting up high prices for it may turn folks away.

It's only for a really small number of seats that have the premium prices. Those low and on the midcourt area, generally known as the best seats in the house. Section 104, most of 105, and 106 are still the same price this year.

I certainly agree that WBB is a bargain especially for the product on the floor. I'm just not sure that it's fair to have one group bear the brunt of the price increase. Why not just go up on all tickets across the board so that everyone pays a little more. The huge increase just seems to be a way to free up good seats for the more monied fans who were late to the party and are now complaining that their season tickets are in the upper corners of the lower bowl or god forbide GA tickets.

Actually, they raised the ticket prices this year for most of the arena. Last year, section 104,105,106, and section 113,114,and 116 were $70 each for WBB. All others in the lower arena were like $45 each.

Upper deck seating I think was $35 each.

Now, ALL lower deck is $70 (premium seats higher) and all upper deck is $45 each. So, they did raise the prices for almost ALL seats this year (they got the middle sections last year).

Actually, I think we'll be better. Certainly, we won't have a player of A'ja's level, but we will be much deeper and able to press and run at will.

$70 for season tickets - that's less than $5 a ticket.

2016-2017 season tickets were priced $60 for lower courtside (104, 105, 106, 113, 114 and 115); $40 for lower corners (102, 103, 107, 108, 116 and 117); $35 for lower baseline (101, 109 and 118) and $30 for GA.

2017-2018 season tickets were $70, $50, $45 and $35 respectively. For the first time Gamecock Club membership was required for 104, 105, 106 and 114.

2018-2019 season tickets are $70 for all lower bowl and $45 for GA upper bowl. In addition there is a $400 per seat donation for 113 & 115 Row AA; 101, 109, and 118 Row FL; 102, 103, 107, 116 and 117 Row AA and a $200 per seat donation for 105 Rows AA-8 and Sec. 114 Row CC.

So basically no increase if you are lucky enough to have seats in 105 Row 9 but a large increase if your seats are in 105 Row 8. Just does not seem fair. And no I do not have seats in any of the donation required sections.

Last edited:
2016-2017 season tickets were priced $60 for lower courtside (104, 105, 106, 113, 114 and 115); $40 for lower corners (102, 103, 107, 108, 116 and 117); $35 for lower baseline (101, 109 and 118) and $30 for GA.

2017-2018 season tickets were $70, $50, $45 and $35 respectively. For the first time Gamecock Club membership was required for 104, 105, 106 and 114.

2018-2019 season tickets are $70 for all lower bowl and $45 for GA upper bowl. In addition there is a $400 per seat donation for 113 & 115 Row AA; 101, 109, and 118 Row FL; 102, 103, 107, 116 and 117 Row AA and a $200 per seat donation for 105 Rows AA-8 and Sec. 114 Row CC.

So basically no increase if you are lucky enough to have seats in 105 Row 9 but a large increase if your seats are in 105 Row 8. Just does not seam fair. And no I do not have seats in any of the donation required sections.

I do and I'm happy to donate to our WBB program.

Reactions: Athenscock1
I do and I'm happy to donate to our WBB program.
I am happy for you that you have good tickets and can afford to keep them. I agree with those who say the price of WBB tickets need to increase. I'm simply saying it seems unfair to those who are affected and who cannot afford the significant increase. Some say they should not complain as they can just move back a few rows. It is not that simple. Others hold those tickets a few rows back. And by the way I donate to our WBB program as well.

I am happy for you that you have good tickets and can afford to keep them. I agree with those who say the price of WBB tickets need to increase. I'm simply saying it seems unfair to those who are affected and who cannot afford the significant increase. Some say they should not complain as they can just move back a few rows. It is not that simple. Others hold those tickets a few rows back. And by the way I donate to our WBB program as well.

Some of those people may not renew season tickets. I considered moving to keep my cost from going up much, but I decided to take funds from something else to support the WBB program.

We been season ticket holders since Dawn first year . There was about 600 fans at the most . I think USC is making a huge mistake . We will stick with men's basketball and get a few tickets for women games . Premium seat fee for women's basketball is being greedy as hell. This will kill attendance for USC women's basketball.

We been season ticket holders since Dawn first year . There was about 600 fans at the most . I think USC is making a huge mistake . We will stick with men's basketball and get a few tickets for women games . Premium seat fee for women's basketball is being greedy as hell. This will kill attendance for USC women's basketball.

Only a few hundred seats have a seat fee, the rest do not.

Season tickets for the Lady Vols requires a minimum $1000 per seat donation for all side court lower bowl seats. This hasn't seemed to hurt their attendance. Post Summitt there has been a dent in attendance but this is due to the product on the floor and not the donation fee. Regardless they remain one of the nation's leaders in attendance.
http://www.tennesseefund.org/season-tickets/womens-basketball-tickets/

Calm down Pepsi... this is only for a few seats in section 105 and front row seats down on the court...

Actually, I think we'll be better. Certainly, we won't have a player of A'ja's level, but we will be much deeper and able to press and run at will.

$70 for season tickets - that's less than $5 a ticket.
Better without A'ja than with her? I'll have to see it to believe it. Herbert-Harrigan would have to both elevate her game, and play 40-plus minutes a game at that more exalted level, however good the guard play turns out to be.

How much input did Dawn have in this?
I'll never be more than a single-game ticket buyer, so my interest in this matter is superficial at best. I daresay that Dawn was consulted, but this was always going to be a business decision made by athletic department bean-counters.

Reactions: atl-cock
Season tickets for the Lady Vols requires a minimum $1000 per seat donation for all side court lower bowl seats. This hasn't seemed to hurt their attendance. Post Summitt there has been a dent in attendance but this is due to the product on the floor and not the donation fee. Regardless they remain one of the nation's leaders in attendance.
http://www.tennesseefund.org/season-tickets/womens-basketball-tickets/
You mean there is another program in WBB that charges a fee. Some posters on here seem to think USC operates in a vacuum and nobody else does these outrageous things.

Of course we're going to miss A'ja, but we return everyone else from the Elite Eight team, PLUS Te'a Cooper, Destanni Henderson, Victaria Saxton, Bianca Cuevas-Moore, Nelly Perry, Elysa Wesolek and maybe Anriel Howard from A&M. A'ja is a huge loss, but our backcourt will be much deeper and better than last season.

Anybody affected by the new premium seat fee? Thoughts on paying fee or moving to new seats. If you give up the seats do you just go to the end of the line?

Women's basketball income does not match cost. You are only talking about a couple of hundred seats at the most. I have seats in Section 106 but they are above the affected seats and I find the cost for the seat tickets very reasonable - season ticket cost less than one Georgia or Clemson football ticket. Only around $ 3/game for lower deck seats and less than $ 2 for upper deck tickets.

So basically no increase if you are lucky enough to have seats in 105 Row 9 but a large increase if your seats are in 105 Row 8. Just does not seem fair. And no I do not have seats in any of the donation required sections.
There’s that “fair” word again.

College sports are like the government. Its all about income increases and never about expense reductions. Guess who ultimately loses in both scenarios.

Here is the map for those of you who buy season tickets:

18-19-Ticket-Pricing-Map-002-1200x712.jpg

Thanks for the diagram Beck. Maybe that will relieve some of the anxiety over the "Premium Seating Cost".

To me, the biggest thing I see is that ALL lower seating is now $70. Other than the three middle sections on each side, all lower seating
went from $45 to $70 this year. That is a lot of seating that jumped big time in price.

Upper Deck Gen Adm went from $35 to $45 this year.

And then last year, you could take your general admission seats and "UPGRADE" to lower seats for most of the games once you got inside, so that it was a better "LOOK" on TV.

With the loss of A'ja Wilson, I think they will lose some ticket sales, but they will make up for it in increased seat fees.

Thanks for the diagram Beck. Maybe that will relieve some of the anxiety over the "Premium Seating Cost".

To me, the biggest thing I see is that ALL lower seating is now $70. Other than the three middle sections on each side, all lower seating
went from $45 to $70 this year. That is a lot of seating that jumped big time in price.

Upper Deck Gen Adm went from $35 to $45 this year.

And then last year, you could take your general admission seats and "UPGRADE" to lower seats for most of the games once you got inside, so that it was a better "LOOK" on TV.

With the loss of A'ja Wilson, I think they will lose some ticket sales, but they will make up for it in increased seat fees.
I also believe season ticket sales will be down but likely revenue from ticket sales will not. The middle 3 rows on both sides had no price increase except those seats affected by the new premium seat fees. I would be less than thrilled if my seats were in the corners or behind the basket, especially in the upper rows, to be paying the same as someone with seats in the middle rows. On the other hand the tickets are still pretty cheap. Unless the team has a massive drop off more premium seat fees and generally higher prices will continue.

Last edited:
I also believe season ticket sales will be down but likely revenue from ticket sales will not. The middle 3 rows on both sides had no price increase except those seats affected by the new premium seat fees. I would be less than thrilled if my seats were in the corners or behind the basket, especially in the upper rows, to be paying the same as someone with seats in the middle rows. On the other had the tickets are still pretty cheap. Unless the team has a massive drop off more premium seat fees and generally higher prices will continue.

Yep.. I have 2 seats in 104 Row 1 where I sit. I also have 4 in section 116 that were $45 apiece. Now they are $70 and in the corner.
Will be asking for side courts for that price.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT