ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: SEC Champs

3 straight trny and 4 straight regular season champs, give em the credit they deserve. That arena in gville was loud.

Now let's get to the nc game!
I would give this basketball team all the credit. They just defeated a team that potentially could be a number one seed in the NCAA tournament. The South Carolina fans that went to the game needs to be applauded as well. The fans made it feel like a home game.

Sad to say but only sport we have to crow about right now. Go Lady G's.

The tournament was tremendous in Greenville...It's a guarantee the SEC will be back...Now about today's games

1.This game was actually won the first 15 minutes...Starting Cuevas and going uptempo right out of gate was brilliant..The pace was brutal and MissSt had nothing left in the 4rth qtr...Their big girls legs were gone..They were just lumbering and fouling the whole 4rth quarter..
2.Kaela Davis was absolutely terrific all weekend...She has finally found her groove and fits in well with any lineup...She is extremely versatile on both ends..
3. Vic Schaefer is a great HBC...But trying to press a fast 4 guard lineup was way over zealous
4. The Gamecock defense was unreal in the 4rth qtr...Dawgs got 4 total points
5. Sec officials have to get more professional and stop rewarding all the flops
6. Tyasha Harris is no longer a freshman...She and Bianca were fabulous today
7. Don't know who will win national player of the year...But A'ja Wilson is the best player in the country and it ain't close...If she was a volume shooter like Kelsey Plum she would average 35-40 per game...If there is space she is unguardable...I wish she would shoot more at times..But our team concept wins championships...Players like Kelsey Plum win scoring titles

That place was rocking for the final quarter. The fans were loud and energetic, and our D fed off of them. Nice work fans. The State fan next to me was impressed with our fans and team.
Fans that didn't attend Sat and Sun missed a real treat...As magnificent as the crowds were just imagine had the baseball rivalry not been played this weekend...Wished i could have Friday as well

Good lord man. Get off the thread congratulating our girls. You taters suck. Please go away. There are plenty of footballs whining threads for your type.

CONGRATS GIRLS!!! Some of us love you!!!!!
Count me as one of them!!!!!!!

I will be there AGAIN to cut down more nets with you!!!!!!!
Rod is no tater...He just can't find any joy...He would rather sulk over failures than enjoy the excellence of our Womens Basketball program

Yes! I'm glad this came back up because I just posted another thread since there was not anything on the front page about the Women's Championship.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Yes! I'm glad this came back up because I just posted another thread since there was not anything on the front page about the Women's Championship.

Failure to comprehend what our Young Ladies have achieved is proof some of our fans are deluded imbeciles that can find any joy for complaining about other things...THIS DAY SHOULD BE FOCUSED ON WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

Fans that didn't attend Sat and Sun missed a real treat...As magnificent as the crowds were just imagine had the baseball rivalry not been played this weekend...Wished i could have Friday as well
Friday was a smaller but energetic crowd. I walked down from work and sat next to a guy that smuggled a fifth (!) of brown stuff in. Made a new friend, watched us destroy UGA and wrote it off on the business account. Go Cocks!

The tournament was tremendous in Greenville...It's a guarantee the SEC will be back...Now about today's games

1.This game was actually won the first 15 minutes...Starting Cuevas and going uptempo right out of gate was brilliant..The pace was brutal and MissSt had nothing left in the 4rth qtr...Their big girls legs were gone..They were just lumbering and fouling the whole 4rth quarter..
2.Kaela Davis was absolutely terrific all weekend...She has finally found her groove and fits in well with any lineup...She is extremely versatile on both ends..
3. Vic Schaefer is a great HBC...But trying to press a fast 4 guard lineup was way over zealous
4. The Gamecock defense was unreal in the 4rth qtr...Dawgs got 4 total points
5. Sec officials have to get more professional and stop rewarding all the flops
6. Tyasha Harris is no longer a freshman...She and Bianca were fabulous today
7. Don't know who will win national player of the year...But A'ja Wilson is the best player in the country and it ain't close...If she was a volume shooter like Kelsey Plum she would average 35-40 per game...If there is space she is unguardable...I wish she would shoot more at times..But our team concept wins championships...Players like Kelsey Plum win scoring titles

Antonio Davis needs to attend more games apparently. Kaela Davis absolutely owned Vivians at both ends of the court.

Antonio Davis needs to attend more games apparently. Kaela Davis absolutely owned Vivians at both ends of the court.

She was absolutely terrific...She has been really good for the past 3 weeks..She has finally found her groove after struggling for a month...With Kaela, Harris and Harrigan playing well now there is no team we cannot beat...

Cliney deserves some credit as well. She was huge in the final minutes. With her on the court alongside Wilson, Davis, Gray and Harris, they're weren't a lot of defensive weaknesses. At least none that Mississippi State could exploit.

Cliney deserves some credit as well. She was huge in the final minutes. With her on the court alongside Wilson, Davis, Gray and Harris, they're weren't a lot of defensive weaknesses. At least none that Mississippi State could exploit.

I'm a huge Cuevas fan...I think she is electric and an uptempo points machine..But Dawn going with her best defensive guards to take away Mo Williams free throw line jumpers was brilliant...Once Williams was shut down they had nothing for us

I'm a huge Cuevas fan...I think she is electric and an uptempo points machine..But Dawn going with her best defensive guards to take away Mo Williams free throw line jumpers was brilliant...Once Williams was shut down they had nothing for us

Like you said, BCM was most effective out of the gate. Wore MSU down a bit. Coach Staley used her (limited) personnel perfectly this weekend.

Good weekend for coach. Playing without a 1st team all-SEC player gave her a chance to show she's more than just a recruiter.

Like you said, BCM was most effective out of the gate. Wore MSU down a bit. Coach Staley used her (limited) personnel perfectly this weekend.

Good weekend for coach. Playing without a 1st team all-SEC player gave her a chance to show she's more than just a recruiter.

Don't know for sure...But i think the embarrassing loss at Missouri woke Coach Staley up for good this season

Rod is no tater...He just can't find any joy...He would rather sulk over failures than enjoy the excellence of our Womens Basketball program

No, I just realize where women's basketball is on the totem pole. Way below the sports that matter.

No, I just realize where women's basketball is on the totem pole. Way below the sports that matter.

Mr. Dangerfield, you define your totem pole and no one elses...I am sure others agree with you..Winning is what should place sports teams at the top of a Universities "Totem Pole"...Under McGuire USC was a basketball school...Ray Tanner made us a baseball school...Spurrier almost made us a football school...Now Dawn is successfully making us a Women's basketball school...Right now her program is the unquestioned flag ship of our athletic programs...If you want football and mens basketball to be at the top you have two choices...Wait for Muschamp to finish cleaning up Spurrier's mess...See if Frank Martin, can survive the loss of Thornwell this off season..Then convince Ray Tanner to hire us a baseball coach that knows his ass from a hole in the ground

Reactions: 92Pony
Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean anything to anybody but you. Alaina Coates deserves the same respect as Connor Shaw for her heart. A'ja has given her skills and high morals to our university as much as Marcus Lattimore. To reduce Dawn Staley's contribution to "unimportant" is idiocy. All of these girls and the teams before them and after them have more value and importance in our university than you ever will. Keep typing and patting yourself on the back. I and fans like me know the truth and will double our support and love for them to make up for your disdain. Although making up for fans like you is not hard.

Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean anything to anybody but you. Alaina Coates deserves the same respect as Connor Shaw for her heart. A'ja has given her skills and high morals to our university as much as Marcus Lattimore. To reduce Dawn Staley's contribution to "unimportant" is idiocy. All of these girls and the teams before them and after them have more value and importance in our university than you ever will. Keep typing and patting yourself on the back. I and fans like me know the truth and will double our support and love for them to make up for your disdain. Although making up for fans like you is not hard.

eloquently stated surfincock...Rod is a decent fan...he just can't get over being a pouting sour puss

Now Dawn is successfully making us a Women's basketball school. Then convince Ray Tanner to hire us a baseball coach that knows his ass from a hole in the ground

Being a women's basketball school makes us a laughing stock.

I support this statement about Tanner!!

Alaina Coates deserves the same respect as Connor Shaw for her heart. A'ja has given her skills and high morals to our university as much as Marcus Lattimore.

Blasphemous!!

Look, people, I want our women's basketball team to win every game & take home the whole enchilada, however, women's basketball is only a speck of sand in importance compared to Football, Basketball, & Baseball. Those are the sports to be known for.

Blasphemous!!

Look, people, I want our women's basketball team to win every game & take home the whole enchilada, however, women's basketball is only a speck of sand in importance compared to Football, Basketball, & Baseball. Those are the sports to be known for.
I think Duke is ok without football. When did Alabama win anything except in football. How does Indiana feel about football and baseball?

You think our girls don't deserve respect and should be treated like second class citizens? Tennessee didn't mind winning with their girls.

Tell me how UCONN is doing in ANY OTHER SPORT besides women's basketball. Can't do it can you? Have the UCONN girls brought prominence to their school? You hate women's basketball but I bet my paycheck you know how many games they won in a row. How could that be? Why would you even know that? Because it matters.

And I can assure you our tater buddies know our women are a number one seed. And our tater buddies are pulling against our girls every game. That means something to me.

Blasphemous!!

Not true. Women's basketball is bigger than college baseball. It's not even close, really. In fact, the women's softball World Series drew significantly larger viewership than college baseball's World Series.

https://sportstvratings.com/2015-wo...ettered-mens-college-world-series-by-31/2944/

And baseball will mean less and less as more old people die. That's unfortunate, but it's the reality.

Blasphemous!!

your OPINION is duly noted:oops:

I think Duke is ok without football. When did Alabama win anything except in football. How does Indiana feel about football and baseball?

You think our girls don't deserve respect and should be treated like second class citizens? Tennessee didn't mind winning with their girls.

Tell me how UCONN is doing in ANY OTHER SPORT besides women's basketball. Can't do it can you? Have the UCONN girls brought prominence to their school? You hate women's basketball but I bet my paycheck you know how many games they won in a row. How could that be? Why would you even know that? Because it matters.

And I can assure you our tater buddies know our women are a number one seed. And our tater buddies are pulling against our girls every game. That means something to me.

If the taters ever get a WBB program that can compete with ours, they will shout it from the mountain top...Any sane fan would...

Let's win in football.

I'm still trying to figure out why posts like this even take place. No one has explained to me why someone would waste their time clicking on a thread that is clearly going to be about congratulating something that they don't like and still feel the need to comment on it. Why enter the thread in the first place? If there's a thread about the cricket world cup results of 2015, I'm not going to even click on it and post anything because I'm not really fond of wasting my time. It must be nice to have so much time to waste throughout the day. Give me a break!

GO Gamecocks! 6 more wins to go . . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT