ADVERTISEMENT

WBB: Ty Harris @Dallas Wings

Looked better in Garnet and White. But, I think she will make a great pro!

Tyasha Harris should be the starting PG. Jefferson is good, she’s fast – but, I’d put my money on the rook. Whenever she was in the game stuff happened. And look who finished it out.

Tyasha Harris should be the starting PG. Jefferson is good, she’s fast – but, I’d put my money on the rook. Whenever she was in the game stuff happened. And look who finished it out.

Agreed, Ty looked more like a veteran between the two especially given how effective she was in limited minutes. Jefferson although good in her own right might be coming off the bench if the trend continues.

Well coach, it's hard to score points if you're on the bench the whole game.
Agreed, they could have definitely used her, especially since Collier was in foul trouble most of the game and didn't really score the 4th quarter. Not giving Kiki a chance almost cost them a game. Hopefully this puts a chip on her shoulder.

If the coach thought Kiki was not ready days prior, in a tight game like that where they had to play from behind she would not have gotten mins anyway. Her time will come. At the end of the day we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes in practice.

If she doesn't produce she won't be a Lynx for long. Reeves hold no one hands

Last edited:
After one game, out of all the rookies Ty had the most efficient game and is leading the pack for ROY.

The Wings had this game in the bag but a lack of defense never win games. Both teams need to seriously work on that. On to Wed.

Reactions: redrogers
Last night I watched the UConn game again on Youtube. Ty's performance in that game was incredible. She totally dominated UConn and her scoring and assists were off the chart. Probably the best game of her career and she's had some great ones.

Reactions: taiwancock
Kiki played last night and unfortunately I agree with the coach, she wasn't ready. She looked timid and very much playing like the rookie she is. Hopefully it's just first game nerves.

Reactions: Brace1
Last night I watched the UConn game again on Youtube. Ty's performance in that game was incredible. She totally dominated UConn and her scoring and assists were off the chart. Probably the best game of her career and she's had some great ones.

She said they left her open at the perimeter in the game her frosh year, which is one of the things that motivated her to up her game.

After one game, out of all the rookies Ty had the most efficient game and is leading the pack for ROY.

The Wings had this game in the bag but a lack of defense never win games. Both teams need to seriously work on that. On to Wed.

Okay. LOL

Go Cocks!

Kiki played last night and unfortunately I agree with the coach, she wasn't ready. She looked timid and very much playing like the rookie she is. Hopefully it's just first game nerves.
I thought the game tempo was too fast for her.

Ty wins her 1st game. Scoring 7 points in 11 mins. She dropped in mins from the first game but, I'm sure that has to do with the coach wanting to get his starting PG going from her long break away from bball. Also, many young legs out there want playing time.

Ty is making the most of her limited minutes. I can't really blame the coach in this game, Moriah Jefferson was playing really well last night too.

Kiki had a huge turnaround from the last game. She looked liked she belonged and made a couple of 3's. Also in the final seconds of the game she was the key defender to help her team win the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, they had Kiki on the Sloot. She was able to alter her shot twice without fouling.

Wings lost 79 - 82 to the Sky - but, a much better game that the one against the Aces. Both were winnable games - but the young Wings are still learning and growing.

Reactions: Gamekem
The Wings played terrible last night. They were completely off falling 91- 68

but

Still waiting for Brian Angler to change his starting line up to Ty, Thorton, Arike, Sabally & Alarie

The Wings played terrible last night. They were completely off falling 91- 68

but

Still waiting for Brian Angler to change his starting line up to Ty, Thorton, Arike, Sabally & Alarie
It's getting hard to justify not putting Ty in the starting line up. 10 points and 7 assists compared to the starting PGwith 0 pts and 0 assists.

Last edited:
It's getting hard to justify not putting Ty in the starting line up. 10 points and 7 assists compared to the starting PGwith 0 pts and 0 assists.

Tell me about it. Allow Jefferson to get her groove back off the bench. I just hope he sees the light before the season is over. Harris is 3rd leading rookie in assist per game, and is in the top 10 in scoring. I'm tired of seeing the ball getting stuck once Jefferson is on the floor.

Ty is not playing today because of an inconclusive covid test

Tell me about it. Allow Jefferson to get her groove back off the bench. I just hope he sees the light before the season is over. Harris is 3rd leading rookie in assist per game, and is in the top 10 in scoring. I'm tired of seeing the ball getting stuck once Jefferson is on the floor.

Ty is not playing today because of an inconclusive covid test
Yeah it was really unfortunate about her test, hopefully it's nothing or she'll lose a huge portion of the season just from quarantine.

Just a quick Gamecock update, Ty Harris is cleared to play today.
Kiki has been a non-factor lately although she did get a good block on Tea Cooper last night.
A'ja is making a serious case for MVP for the league.
Finally Tiffany Mitchell had a good game despite losing her father a couple of days ago.

Just a quick Gamecock update, Ty Harris is cleared to play today.
Kiki has been a non-factor lately although she did get a good block on Tea Cooper last night.
A'ja is making a serious case for MVP for the league.
Finally Tiffany Mitchell had a good game despite losing her father a couple of days ago.

Tiff has been playing well so far this yr. If Aja keeps it up don't be surprise if she does get the MVP but, unfortunately, those ESPN folks are still chasing Breanna Stewart. So you never know. They cheated Liz Cambage in 2018.

Don't forget Allisha Gray - starting - off the bench - she's playing.

Ty only played 5 mins last night. Don't know what's going on. I guess all the clamoring for her to start has Agler pulling a power move.

Tough night for her, probably the worst team to get your first start with.

Agreed. It was her worst game so far (did not do anything on the stat sheet). The coach did not even start her in the 2nd half.

But, turn the page. If he is a wise man he will still start her on Sunday - along with Alarie[/QUOTE]

Pretty good night for former Gamecocks, Kiki with a career high 11 points in a 5-6 shooting performance in only 11 minutes. Alaina Coates with a solid 8 points and 6 rebounds, Tiffany Mitchell with a great all around performance of 18 points, 4 assist and 8 rebounds. Shockingly A'ja sorta underwhelmedol offensively with 12 points 4 rebounds and 4 steals. Overall a great performance from our Gamecocks in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT