ADVERTISEMENT

WCCP on a mission to trash all USC.

section907

Sep 16, 2000
Even tiger net trashes them. Not sure when their contract runs out with the tigers but betting they will not last 3-5 years. Their host are the most unprepared group I’ve ever seen. Mickey’s segment on USC is so fake with his a Twitter wants to no know questions Lol. Clown.

Btw where’s Dabo rating OSU this week ?

I don't pay too much attention to Mickey. He used to be a bit objective, but got his hand spanked by Dabo a few years back and I am sure the message was sent to either be All In or you won't have a job at that station much longer.
I don't necessarily care for Deptula, but he is the most objective of them all. His comments about the current state of USC football got many upset. But take the emotion out of it and he is 100% correct.

Last edited:
WCCP is basically tater propaganda radio. They were always homerish but Dabo changed that. Now they’re in lockstep with what the great reverend says.

I listen to ESPN Upstate now on my drive home. Mark Ryan has a better show, with better guests. Walt was (and still is, I assume) all about himself. When he did have a special guest, Walt would do most of the talking.

As for Mickey, I quit listening to him when he said his wife referred to Gamecock fans as "those people".

Why any Gamecock fan would listen to anything on that joke of a station blows my mind. Tune into JB and Goldwater or anything else.

Reactions: Brutal Rooster
WCCP is basically tater propaganda radio. They were always homerish but Dabo changed that. Now they’re in lockstep with what the great reverend says.

He changed it by winning. If we want homer radio, we need to start winning big time.

Mickey is a damn clown. Brad and Ben are amazingly immature. Qualk and Kelly are pretty entertaining but I do like Walt. That guy knows more about sports than 99% of the sports writers. He is a Clemson homer but what would you expect from that station? I wish we had more homers in our broadcasts.

Mickey is a damn clown. Brad and Ben are amazingly immature. Qualk and Kelly are pretty entertaining but I do like Walt. That guy knows more about sports than 99% of the sports writers. He is a Clemson homer but what would you expect from that station? I wish we had more homers in our broadcasts.

While he is very knowledgable and does his research (which is where most pundits fail) he does struggle to own it when he misses. He has this way of acting like he really didn't say what he so clearly said. He isn't wrong that ofter, but it is annoying to here when he is/was.

Reactions: ClemDent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT