ADVERTISEMENT

We are putting together a very good recruiting class

Jan 9, 2008
We have a ways to go but I feel like we have 3 4 stars that can contribute as soon as needed. QB I think Doty is the best QB recruit we have ever had, please see his film. The Taters really liked him but were filled up. We have chance to shock some folks with the way he throws the ball, competition is looking up.

OL we have to very good prospects with a 4star that could start immediately. Coach is recruiting very well at this point. Check out their highlights.

WR- we have the best talent in the sec now and adding a 4 star stud that could be a 5 star after Michael goes to camps over the summer. We are catching up tatarrrs.

If we can continue this momentum and finish with a better record than last year we’ll retain the recruits we have an add more starters for ‘20. How we do this season is huge in determining how we cycle in on the Tate’s!

Hopefully we’ll finish in the top 15 in recruiting this year and next year top 10. We’re coming!!

Reactions: JamesERustle
We have a ways to go but I feel like we have 3 4 stars that can contribute as soon as needed. QB I think Doty is the best QB recruit we have ever had, please see his film. The Taters really liked him but were filled up. We have chance to shock some folks with the way he throws the ball, competition is looking up.

OL we have to very good prospects with a 4star that could start immediately. Coach is recruiting very well at this point. Check out their highlights.

WR- we have the best talent in the sec now and adding a 4 star stud that could be a 5 star after Michael goes to camps over the summer. We are catching up tatarrrs.

If we can continue this momentum and finish with a better record than last year we’ll retain the recruits we have an add more starters for ‘20. How we do this season is huge in determining how we cycle in on the Tate’s!

Hopefully we’ll finish in the top 15 in recruiting this year and next year top 10. We’re coming!!

Need better coaching too. We had the Florida game in hand and coaching screwed us last year. Terrible game plan against Virginia and no adjustments during the game. Out coached by Kentucky which is sad. Coach sits on ball to run out clock before half possibly leaving points on field on a few occasions. Champ hasn’t shown he has learned not to handcuff the offense which will continue to bite us for as long as he is here.
I want old muschamp. Screaming, vein popping in your face champ! That’s what we need cuz laid back champ ain’t working

I do like what I've seen of Doty, and the OL looks promising. I can't come close to agreeing with your WR assessment, though. We do not have the best WR talent in the SEC. The talent does seem to be increasing, but we'll have to see a few guys emerge as being real play-makers before we are ready to lay claim to 'best WRs in the conference."

I'm tellin's man Doty is a get. He can make all the throws with a quick release but the most impressive thing was when I saw him run down a DB from across the field from his goal own line after a rare pick. He can play multiple positions if he's called on to.

tater alert
tenor.gif

1. You are likely a Clemson fan.
2. If you aren't, dude -- we're # 27 in Rivals' team recruiting rankings.

I'm tellin's man Doty is a get. He can make all the throws with a quick release but the most impressive thing was when I saw him run down a DB from across the field from his goal own line after a rare pick. He can play multiple positions if he's called on to.

Thought that was a blocked extra point?

I will never get pre-season hyped again, even if picked in the top 10. I’ll enjoy the ride if/when it’s good but can’t continually set myself up for disappointment. I’ve spent 50 years on this roller coaster and for most part it’s been a rough ride. I am still an unapologetic fan however I’m too old to live and breathe college athletics like I’ve done most of my adult life.

We're 20 in the composite (which is what people care about), and more importantly at this point, we're #9 in average star ranking. We do have a good start, but we still have a lot of work to do. The OP's comment about our WRs was ridiculous.

We're 20 in the composite (which is what people care about), and more importantly at this point, we're #9 in average star ranking. We do have a good start, but we still have a lot of work to do. The OP's comment about our WRs was ridiculous.
By composite, I assume you're referring to 247, no? I always forget about that site...

Need better coaching too. We had the Florida game in hand and coaching screwed us last year. Terrible game plan against Virginia and no adjustments during the game. Out coached by Kentucky which is sad. Coach sits on ball to run out clock before half possibly leaving points on field on a few occasions. Champ hasn’t shown he has learned not to handcuff the offense which will continue to bite us for as long as he is here.
I want old muschamp. Screaming, vein popping in your face champ! That’s what we need cuz laid back champ ain’t working

Spot on. To be honest I am high on Mark Stoops. He has done a yeoman's job with mostly 2 & 3 stars. If things didn't work out with Will (I hope they do), I'd take him and see what he can do with better recruits .

Hopefully this staff learned from the game in the swamp. We'll see.

Is this real? We’re in the bottom half of the sec right now? Is this the propaganda minister of Iraq?

This. Until we are 4th or 5th best in sec recruiting the top teams just keep getting further away from us. How can we catch up?

Rivals adds points for the first 20 recruits. So if you have 5 highly ranked recruits and another school has 10 that are half as good, you get the same ranking. Don't pay attention to rivals' ranking until closer to signing day.

I will never get pre-season hyped again, even if picked in the top 10. I’ll enjoy the ride if/when it’s good but can’t continually set myself up for disappointment. I’ve spent 50 years on this roller coaster and for most part it’s been a rough ride. I am still an unapologetic fan however I’m too old to live and breathe college athletics like I’ve done most of my adult life.
I am too old and have lived it 58 years!!!!

Reactions: The Coup Nazi
Rivals adds points for the first 20 recruits. So if you have 5 highly ranked recruits and another school has 10 that are half as good, you get the same ranking. Don't pay attention to rivals' ranking until closer to signing day.

Instead look at the average pojnts per recruit. 4.0 is golden. Hard to accomplish, so try and be much closer to 4.0 than to 3.0.

Muschamp can recruit.

Above average recruiter. Below average headcoach. I can't fault him for accepting a head coach position if offered. But I think his ceiling is a good recruiter/defensive coordinator. Team doesn't seem to get better through the course of the year and there have been some headscratching decisions on game day.

Reactions: Zann77
Is this real? We’re in the bottom half of the sec right now? Is this the propaganda minister of Iraq?

This is just one of the symptoms of the "Wait Until Next Year" addiction. The folly of counting on Freshmen, who have never played a snap in college football, to be the pivotal turning point of the program, exposes the lack of depth required to be competitive in the SEC.

While I respect and admire the loyalty and devotion offered by the Pumpers, it does not address our lack of experience nor, the continued success in recruiting and coaching, that our SEC brethren have experienced in recent years. The performances displayed in the last 3 games of the 2018 season only magnifies the task at hand and the depths to which we had fallen.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnohj
Above average recruiter. Below average headcoach. I can't fault him for accepting a head coach position if offered. But I think his ceiling is a good recruiter/defensive coordinator. Team doesn't seem to get better through the course of the year and there have been some headscratching decisions on game day.

Agree. Development of players is not Champ's forte. Sadly, up the road, development is likely the best and provides vital depth at all positions. As somebody said earlier, depth wins championships. We're not there now and haven't been there forever. As far as I'm concerned, Champ is not going to lead us to the promised land, ever. Nice guy, very average coach.

Reactions: Thigh Man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT